aliens

Author Topic: XCF Cyrillic Names question  (Read 4115 times)

Offline Vangrimar1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
XCF Cyrillic Names question
« on: November 22, 2019, 07:55:44 am »
I installed the XCF Cyrillic Names question mod and it works great. But when I tried to add names for my new soldier, they are displayed like this: ????????. How to add names in Cyrillic?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: XCF Cyrillic Names question
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2019, 01:08:44 pm »
I installed the XCF Cyrillic Names question mod and it works great. But when I tried to add names for my new soldier, they are displayed like this: ????????. How to add names in Cyrillic?

There are no special considerations here. You just need to make sure the file is coded as UTF-8, no BOM.

Offline Vangrimar1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 01:10:35 pm »
Thanks for the help. Everything worked out.

Offline Akamashi

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2022, 07:47:51 am »
The problem with the names remained after downloading the corrected version on GITHUB. But if you disable XCF Cyrillic Names, then everything is fixed. Is there a chance that XCF Cyrillic Names will work correctly with the main mod?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2022, 04:28:06 pm »
The problem with the names remained after downloading the corrected version on GITHUB. But if you disable XCF Cyrillic Names, then everything is fixed. Is there a chance that XCF Cyrillic Names will work correctly with the main mod?

I do not maintain this submod, but I'll ask Kato.

Offline Kozinsky

• Captain
  • Sorry for my bEd English
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2022, 12:10:06 pm »
I updated this submod to XCF version 2.5 (or higher).
Since I am not the creator of this submod and do not have the original database of translated/untranslated names at my disposal, I created my own database and translated all the names again with Google-translator. About 99% of the time it seemed to get it right. The other 1% I had to edit by hand. However, there were still some mistakes I didn't notice (although their number tends to zero): literal translations of names (e.g. "Ashot" - "Выстрел", "Mark" - "Отметка", "Roman" - "римский"), untranslated names, lowercase letters at the beginning of a name.
A total of 21689 names have been translated for agents from 81 countries, as well as the names of hybrids, AIs, dogs, rats, and bats.

Spoiler"updates":
16.06.2022 14:28 - update Bulgarian.nam
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 02:33:35 pm by Kozinsky »

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2022, 01:56:26 pm »
I fixed the Bulgarian.nam's to have Bulgarian grammer. I haven't added or removed names. Some of the female names are actually russian, so I will assume they are imigrants or children of imigrants.

Offline Kozinsky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2022, 02:30:36 pm »
I fixed the Bulgarian.nam's to have Bulgarian grammer. I haven't added or removed names. Some of the female names are actually russian, so I will assume they are imigrants or children of imigrants.

Thanks, database and post updated.

Offline Kato

• Captain
  • ASHU is coming
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2022, 02:38:04 pm »
Contact me for XCF Cyr names please (to avoid misunderstandings, unnecessary jobs etc.)

Offline Kozinsky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2022, 04:08:54 pm »
Contact me for XCF Cyr names please (to avoid misunderstandings, unnecessary jobs etc.)

Everything I wanted to do, I did. If you continue to develop your submod, you can use my work.

Offline Kato

• Captain
  • ASHU is coming
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2022, 05:10:30 pm »
Everything I wanted to do, I did. If you continue to develop your submod, you can use my work.
Thanks, no. Cyr Names was my mod, and every single name in it translated manually, taking into account the pronunciation of national names by native speakers. Not google translate ctrl-c ctrl-v.
You may continue to develop your submod if you wish to improve your skills, but this is what it is: a sandbox.

For everyone: next Cyr Names release will be in July. Sorry for updating it too slow; it's harder than it looks.

Offline Kozinsky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2022, 09:16:47 am »
Thanks, no. Cyr Names was my mod, and every single name in it translated manually, taking into account the pronunciation of national names by native speakers. Not google translate ctrl-c ctrl-v.
You may continue to develop your submod if you wish to improve your skills, but this is what it is: a sandbox.

For everyone: next Cyr Names release will be in July. Sorry for updating it too slow; it's harder than it looks.

I don't think it's necessary to create the same submods. Let my submod be just a quick fix for Russian-speaking players who want to play now, not in July.

Offline Kato

• Captain
  • ASHU is coming
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2022, 11:21:37 am »
XCF Cyr Names - build Camio (81 nations + 5 minorities)
based on XCF git version 22/JUL/2022