aliens

Author Topic: ADS assault rifle  (Read 1446 times)

Offline AndyFox

• Sergeant
  • ÷)
    • View Profile
ADS assault rifle
« on: July 19, 2022, 09:22:27 pm »
Why do know this machine in UFOpedia, but can’t buy it?

Offline Rag

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: ADS assault rifle
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2022, 09:27:31 pm »
According to the wiki the ADS research is available from researching a VIP as a random topic he gives which is likely how you got it, but the research itself is locked behind Amphibious Weapons and promotion 3. The wiki does say you can buy the ADS if you have the ADS researched but I think you still do need amphibious weapons to actually buy it as the wiki lists the ADS purchase being given by Amphibious Weapons. Similar to how you can't buy some weapons despite owning them until you have researched their acquisistion.

If you do already have Promotion 3 and Amphibious Weapons, then I have no idea whats wrong sorry as I was able to buy it after that research.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 09:35:57 pm by Rag »

Offline AndyFox

• Sergeant
  • ÷)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2022, 02:24:08 am »
Does the game even have an ending? It is already the year 2000, and for about half a year there is nothing new, no research and progress. Just fighting off UFOs and doing rescue missions...

Offline Rag

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2022, 04:33:12 am »
Does the game even have an ending? It is already the year 2000, and for about half a year there is nothing new, no research and progress. Just fighting off UFOs and doing rescue missions...

Yes, there are a couple of cutscenes for finishing storylines and the final vanilla ending of Cydonia which ends the game. In this mod reaching Cydonia still requires Cydonia or Bust and the Avenger but there are extra steps to research Cydonia or Bust, without spoilers focus on space travel technology and capture Ethereals (should be appearing now in 2000) to unlock the final series of missions. Waiting on the Ethereals to appear was the most tedious part for me as I had to wait until around 2000s myself too before I could get one.

For more spoiler filled direction
Spoiler:
You need to beat the orbital space station to autopsy the brain and research an ethereal (you can't research a keeper from the station before researching another one or researching reptoid from final zombie mission) this on top of other research should allow you to create a satellite facility and launch a manufactured satellite into orbit. Once you have the satellite in orbit you should unlock the moon missions once a month like HQ missions. Finishing the final moon mission and capturing the Ethereal Grand Master (white robe with red tabard) from the final moon mission. This should give access to Cydonia.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 04:39:13 am by Rag »

Offline AndyFox

• Sergeant
  • ÷)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2022, 02:31:51 pm »
Thanks for the clarifications. And how can initiate flights to the moon?

Offline Rag

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2022, 07:08:53 am »
Thanks for the clarifications. And how can initiate flights to the moon?

The moon missions are random / monthy missions similar to HQ missions, if you have already done all the research towards getting them then they should appear into the next month or so, if unsure if missing anything then be sure to use the wiki to find out what specifically you still need to do.