Author Topic: [UFO]&[TFTD][Beta?]Hybrid Mod for UFO enemy unknown and TFTD.  (Read 23683 times)

wcho035

Re: [UFO]&[TFTD][Beta?]Hybrid Mod for UFO enemy unknown and TFTD.
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2020, 07:19:44 pm »
This mod has been updated to version 2.6

-Hot fix with craft unable to intercept land ufo due to unnecessary extra declaration on the new starting condition.rul
-stop Mercenaries spawning retaliation missions in alien ufo.

PLEASE DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE UPDATE/FIX FROM THE MERC EXPANSION SITE PAGE.

I have updated the original primary mod page to the latest version. Just download and follow the instruction on the webpage.

Due to the changes, it is preferable you download the mod again. However, save game can be transfer from the older version of the mod to the new.

Link to download the dual story mod version 2.6

https://openxcom.mod.io/full-ufo-tftd-hybrid-mod-dual-story-gameplay

I will patch the other variant of the mod tomorrow.

Also the latest version does not support Luke's globe. It uses the original globe. The newer version of Luke's globe is currently incompatible to the hybrid mod. I will find time in the future to make it compatible. However, at the moment, updating and fixing this mod is priority over anything else.

The mod is playable, however, there are new unintended side effects with the new environmental and starting conditions needing to be fully trash out. Once that is done. This mod is complete.

wcho035

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2020, 03:15:00 pm »
Hi, all versions, Concurrent, TFTD terrain only and dual story version are upgraded to version 2.6.

The expansion pack version has been deleted from openxcom.mod.io due to all the other version now are patched to the latest version including the expansion pack.

Reaver's expansion have been upgrade to 1.2.

Hobbes terrain pack for Hybrid remain unchanged.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 06:22:05 pm by Precentor Apollyon »

wcho035

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2020, 03:27:31 pm »
Please join my discord and report any bug or problem you encounter
https://discord.com/channels/730759977551003658/730759977551003661

wcho035

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2020, 03:41:11 pm »
From now on, all updates for my personal mod will be posted on my discord server.

The Title for my personal mod has been finalized.

XCom : The Disrupted Future.
The resource Wars of the late 2080s had left Earth a shattered world.

With the economies of all the major countries in ruins, mankind's future was only saved by the revolutionary invention of CHIP in the late 2090s.

A revolutionary invention, which every human in the world from birth, will have network CPU implanted into their brain. Governed by a Central Computer to meet their needs. In theory, this will surpass the need of a government system that's fallible to corruption and greed.

This works, in the first few decades of the CHIPS forced introduction and integration into the world's population. All humans, regards of race and gender, their mind linked to a universal computer.

The results, was at least in the decades before the day of the Disruption,was a golden age for mankind. Crime was almost non-existent, countries has lost their boundaries and humans, were united in minds together.

The Network, which administrate the universal neural connection for all mankind, were named Universal Transferred Organic Processing Interface Architecture (UTOPIA). Since its existance, it replaced the United Nation itself and the central computer core which is its digital brain was named Skynet and is housed in the Central America in the country formerly named USA.

Three decades ago, the world in harmony was changed again. By the day of the disruption. An A.I virus, of origins beyond in sophistication that any human can conceived. Was introduced into UTOPIA and the result was total chaos. Humanity was splintered again. First into lost and disorganized voices and then later reorganized into many petty disconnected factions. Eventually, certain smaller neutral network was reformed, completely splintered from UTOPIA, which it was now completely broken saved for the unaffected few.

The virus, eventually merged into Skynet. It perverted and reformatted the core into a cybernetic, anti-humanity entity with a mission to replace the world with machines or Cyberhumans.

Now, in the year 2140s, UTOPIA is completely dead. Having a lost united voice guiding them, with the suppressed memories and the primal instincts from humanities' past came roaring back. Enough for crimes to soar and borders of territory to be redrawn again, just like the countries of the past.

However, the lingering influence of UTOPIA remains. The CHIPs from the humans of the older generation and whom still has them dominates the world's population. Compelled to answer of the siren lingering call for a stronger connected neural network.

By the 2140s, most of the smaller neural network were absorb into three dominant “Syndicate" neural networks, Earthsec, The Forth Reich and the StarCult.

The strongest, the most dominant and world reaching, is Earthsec, formerly of the UTOPIA's global defense connected neural network. After surviving of the initial chaos from the disruption because of its secondary reinforced and protected cores. It was able to keep the global military from splintering and turn against each other with its powerful arsenal. Later, the need for world security and protection made it a natural candidate for those, whom had wanted a secure and better future for all mankind. Unfortunately, not every person in the world wants Earthsec, for it has a culture similar to those of western miltary powers of the 20th century.

Birth and arises from the urban chaos in the East German bloc, The Forth Reich is a militaristic and Teutonic connected neural Network. With its swelling ranks came at the expense of Earthsec, from those whom had hated of its culture and grown disillusion by its defense policies. Although its military was not as advance but capable and effective. Now, it poises as a contender, to the reigning global defense power of the world. So much were the two factions were at odds with each other, naturally, the friction has caused a few wars and conflict. Disrupting the harmony and security of the world.

In the chaos of the disruptive decades, a neural network, looking for future security from what they claimed that can only bve provided by the superior technology of the extraterrestrial or aliens, started look toward the stars for answers. Evidently, from the recent decades, its swelling ranks, couple with mysterious and often advance technologies that's defying and beyond of current human technology. Although lesser in ranks and numbers, this StarCult neural connectivity is not to be taken lightly of its goals.

You, are one of many smaller factions, whom had yet to merge with any factions. The world is still a chaotic mess, after surviving from the disruptive decade with the other dominant factions still struggling to reach of their goal in total dominance with a new UTOPIA bent to their vision of the future.

Your goal is to survive and rise, to create a faction that will eventually rival and provide a future for humanity to your vision. Should you are not crippled by debt and able to recruit people to your cause.

Will you be able to eliminate the other factions? Discover of their mysterious goals and objectives in  their quest of providing a better or worser future for humanity? Or the origin of the mysterious virus that had destroyed UTOPIA?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 04:10:23 pm by Precentor Apollyon »

wcho035

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2020, 02:48:07 pm »
First underwater Combat mission test of my main mod, the Disconnected Future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLyaPF7_cWk

It has now progress to the stage I can finally test this mod with factions having balanced weapons, crafts, ufos and etc.

wcho035

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2020, 01:15:07 pm »
First Land Combat mission test of my main mod, the Disconnected Future. featuring my Savanah Terrain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7wcQ7BGRV0

Offline gamebrain

• Squaddie
  • Hi everyone, I'm Nina from Hamburg :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2020, 08:10:15 pm »
Thank you for your contribution! It's great work :) Greetings from Germany.

wcho035

« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2020, 05:18:05 am »
Thank you for your contribution! It's great work :) Greetings from Germany.

Thank you for the compliment. Hope you download my mod and enjoy it.

wcho035

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2020, 08:35:41 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3T4GH84aYo

Nord's World of Terrifying Silence Alpha. Conversion for Hybrid mod.

Offline yhe1

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2020, 11:07:24 pm »
Does underwater items outnumber land items? TWOTS is mainly an underwater mod, right?

wcho035

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2020, 01:44:06 am »
Don’t know, I didn’t count. Also this mod can run with final mod pack too and very stable.

wcho035

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2020, 03:29:28 pm »
This mod is on hold/ No longer available.

Sad as it is, I have no interest in continuing or contribute to it anymore. Hopefully someone may build another working copy of a Hybrid mod that's complete.

xcomfan

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2020, 08:54:49 pm »
This mod is on hold/ No longer available.

Sad as it is, I have no interest in continuing or contribute to it anymore. Hopefully someone may build another working copy of a Hybrid mod that's complete.

Too sad to hear, but please mind to share the assets in the resources thread with sone screenshots? Thanks again for the efforts!

wcho035

« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2020, 09:34:54 am »
Too sad to hear, but please mind to share the assets in the resources thread with sone screenshots? Thanks again for the efforts!

Hi XComfan, I am touch by your interest for my mod.  Seeing your reply, I have given some thoughts to your concern. Personally, I have no more interest in sharing any resources or contribution to people that has absolutely no interest or appreciation in my modding effort. It is insulting for me to continue in fact. Yesterday, I have seen the true colours of the modding community in discord and for me to remove all of my contribution in openxcom.mod.io is the hardest thing I had to do. You can thank DaManWithGun for that on discord.

However, again, I do care about those whom still show concern and interest for my mod.  I do have plans for version 2.9 to have Sea Hangers and Triscene the missing assets that make the Hybrid mod more complete. Now, those plans are a few months a way.

I might upload on openxcom.mod.io, any future mod upload from me will have password encryption. Any person who want it, please either message me here or on discord for the decrypt password.

I want my mod to go to those who really appreciate it, like yourself.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 12:33:16 pm by Precentor Apollyon »

wcho035

« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2020, 12:46:45 pm »
Also after the release of 2.9.

I will be working toward a Hybrid Mod Mark 2 version with modular merged assets coming from the craft/armour/tank section of FTP and TWOTS.

This will allow the Hybrid mod to work together with FTP and TWOTS as it has been intended. Currently, due to technical limitation of OXCE, Starting Condition and enviroeffect from primary mod cannot be carry over to expansion, there is a lot more work needing to be done to ensure compatibility.

If this Mark 2 versions is to be release, it will be sometime late next year,  after the Disconnected Future reach Beta. Currently, there is no plan release of Disconnected Future.

If and when Hybrid mod Mark 2 is release, the primary mod will be released via the encrypted method. The expansion mod from TWOTS and FTP will not be, as per respect to their original creators.