Author Topic: [UFO]&[TFTD][Beta?]Hybrid Mod for UFO enemy unknown and TFTD.  (Read 23690 times)

wcho035

[UFO]&[TFTD][Beta?]Hybrid Mod for UFO enemy unknown and TFTD.
« on: November 19, 2019, 06:27:12 am »
Hi Guys and girls, this is the Hybridmod I have been working on for the last 3 months.

This is a mod (In theory, because it is not 100% tested) which allows you to play both UFO and TFTD game, together. The storyline does not go concurrently. You have to finish the UFO story first before the TFTD part starts.

This mod will allow you to explore crashsites underwater, build underwater bases.

This is a no frill, no extra stuff Hybrid mod. You can use this mod and build your own mod, provide you credit me. HOWEVER, it is my preference you use this mod and start your mod from there. Not rip its guts out. I am not responsible for any mess up if you do rip its guts out.

Please note there are a number of feature from TFTD is missing.

-TFTD Shipping strike mission
-TFTD port terror mission
-TFTD facilities because UFO facilities are pretty much the same. However, there are two version of the facilities, underwater and land. Future modder may want to update the maps for the facilities used.
-Only Coral and seabed terrain are available at this stage. Future modder may want to update this.

-TFTD Weapons, most of those have its equivalent in UFO are excluded.
The list are.
-Manga blast grenade.
-Dye Grenade.
-Magnapack explosive..

They all have UFO equivalent.

From the Alienside, the Thermal shook is excluded for the same reason.

Alien ufo have land and sea separate Aliendeployment and only TFTD craft can land on the ocean. Anything else can't.
Weapons from UFO, most does not work underwater. You have to use the TFTD version.

All weapons are base on the vanilla damage and stats. Modder can change this to their heart content.

I was going to do a land/sea weapon damage difference for all weapons vs armor. That will be a future addition, or if a modder can do it, please feel free to do so.

PLEASE NOTE THIS MOD STILL NEED A FEW FEATURES TO BE 100% WORKING OR FEATURE COMPLETE.

1) There is no underwater interception. Again there is a feature request raised for this. Until this is done, all interception are done in the air.

https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,7557.0.html

2) You can build hanger for undersea bases, but you can't segregate which land or sea base craft operating from it. For example, a Skyranger is not a sea base craft. Unfortunately, you can launch a airplane from a sea hanger in this current build. So it is trying to make a F-22 having to swim the ocean and climbed into the sky to intercept ufos.

https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5895.0.html

If you want these features, please go to the link and support the feature requests which were raised. So this mod can be feature complete. Thank you.   

This is an alpha, or Beta Version, if there is no bugs. I welcome any bug reports you can find.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 05:07:32 am by Precentor Apollyon »

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
Re: [UFO]&[TFTD][Beta?]Hybrid Mod for UFO enemy unknown and TFTD.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 11:59:02 am »
Appreciate you have shared it mate but as soon as you try a underwater mission it crashes (i was using the Etherals), i then switched to another race which got me in but after 3 different crashes i still have not been able to shoot a weapon... It needs some more bug fixing mate.

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 09:21:36 pm »
Why don't you submit it to the Work in Progress forum? (or ask a moderator to move it for you)

wcho035

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2019, 01:47:31 pm »
There are a few problem with the mod, it is getting updated. Please be patient.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2019, 01:59:08 pm »
Moved.

wcho035

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2019, 03:24:57 am »
Alright People, the Hybridmod is now back in business.

New Version 1.2 I guess. Bad at tracking changes.

-The mod now can handle Land and sea spawn with some basic Missionzone added for Alienbases and Starport final game bases.
-Corrected Biodrone not using right asset.
-Terror mission move to -7 in the region.rul with -1 reserve for Sea terrain spawn in case alien base, Missionsite or ufo crashed on -1 terrain in the sea area.

New Version 1.3 .

-Fixed TFTD starport now spawn on land.
-Remove all pictures from UFOPEDIATFTD to avoid crashes.
-Various fixes including strings relating to TFTD referencing TFTD instead of UFO

New Version 1.3a

-Fixed TFTD text not showing up correctly.

I know the globe.rul is not 100% but hey, we just have to make do with what we have atm.

Game can be a resource for Hybrid mod starters, a demo of the Hybrid capabilities of OXCE and also a playable mod with both TFTD and UFO merge together.

Install instruction,

1) You need to download Hybrid mod into your computer and expand the zip files.

2) Do the same for the resource folder.

3) Copy resource folder into path Hybridmod/users/mods/Hybridmods folder.

4) Play the game. Remember to report any bugs you find. This game is playble, just not 100% tested

IMPORTANT!! Due to copyright reason, the following file must be copy from TFTD. It is not including in the zip any more.

Following file need to be copy into path folder

Hybrid Mod\Hybrid Mod\user\mods\HybridMods from TFTD main game folder, so the mod will work.

-ANIMS (From TFTD CD version, you can find a copy in archive.org.)
-FLOP_INT (From any TFTD version)
-GEOGRAPH (From any TFTD version)

Also a copy of the ufo game
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 05:32:19 pm by Precentor Apollyon »

wcho035

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2019, 07:02:23 am »
Seems like I accidentally wipe off the credit section, so here it is again.

Special thanks AND especially too, without his effort this mod would not be possible.

Meridian and OXCE.  This mod was only possible because of his generosity, kindness, sacrifice, help and diligence.

Ohartenstien23, again, thank you for sharing your knowledge and help, without your mapscript, this mod would not be possible.

Luke83, for his always generous help and support.

Warboy, for his generous advice.

Finally, Nord, for his assets.

wcho035

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2020, 03:37:45 pm »
In a few weeks, I plan to release 3 version of this mod.

Version
1) Vanilla ufo with sea terrain.

2) UFO And TFTD combo follow UFO story line with concurrent game play for both UFO and TFTD

3) The original mod, with UFO game play then TFTD.

This time the game would be fully tested before release.

Version 3 will feature plasma weapon using ammo having land and sea version. Land version fire plasma bolt, sea version fire alien alloy bolts. After all, the plasma weapons are just rail guns accelerators fire plasma. Thank you Supsuper for allowing this feature.

The mod will still be using my original globe. It will also however, come with additional instruction as to how to installs Luke's globe which he has release recently, if you wish to choose that globe instead.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 03:39:53 pm by Precentor Apollyon »

misterx

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2020, 03:39:24 pm »
Nice, please some screenshots might be appreciated ;)

wcho035

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2020, 03:40:42 pm »
I haven't even started with this yet. If you want screen shot just down load the current version and test it. You can see for yourself.

wcho035

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2020, 03:45:11 pm »
Since some one asked, here it is. Ufo aliens in TFTD island terror mission.

wcho035

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2020, 02:34:59 pm »
Update to this mod.

I have finally finished the prototype or mark 2 version of this mod.

Now finally entering final testing stage.

This time, this mod will include all the sea terrain from TFTD, all the Alien base terrains from Grunge to Alien Colony, Port and island terror missions, plus cargo ship terror missions.

I have to exclude Cruise ship terror mission because there is a problem with the map with this mod.

I may have to do the same with Cargo, pending on the vector error getting fixed. This also appeared in my other personal mod.

Otherwise, it is just testing and testing. Hopefully, in a week or two, it will be ready! A Vanilla Hybrid mod that has the best of both UFO and TFTD world!

wcho035

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2020, 07:01:17 pm »
Some screenshot from latest version. Please note this version is not yet available, still under going testing. The goal is to make sure it is bug free. Hopefully it shall be available soon in a few weeks.

The plan is.

The original version, with UFO then TFTD gameplay shall be release first.

Then the concurrent game play version with UFO story line.

Finally, the UFO version with TFTD terrain only.

There might be a forth version, concurrent gameplay with TFTD storyline. Have yet to finalize my decision on this version.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 07:10:52 pm by Precentor Apollyon »

wcho035

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2020, 02:24:51 pm »
More testing today and a few bug squished out. I have also plan to include a few new stuff in the Hybrid mod to make it more realistic. One of these new feature us, UFO aliens using breathing equipment while underwater. Please see screenshot. This will shot down any naysayers that UFO aliens can't breath underwater. The UFO aliens will use TFTD terror weapons while underwater.

I have in plan to make the stunbomb launcher into a multipurpose launcher. It can launch both stunt and alien he grenade on land. However in the sea, only the grenade version works.

The new alloyammo for Plasma weapons are now fully functional, please see screen shot.

One day, once all the version released. I think I might also merge Xcomfiles or the World of terrifying silence with it. Hey it is possible.

wcho035

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2020, 02:44:34 pm »
Update-13/2

Today, I have tested all the alienmissions and missionscript. With the exception of Alien base and Infiltration missions need more testing. The rest of the other missions type, like Alien Harvest and Probe, are working perfectly.

I hope to have this sorted out either tomorrow or weekend. Then I will test the research tree for this mod. I have lower the research cost to 1, just to speed things up. Hopefully, one week is enough to get it fully tested.

A few other things I haven't the time to improve.

1) adding Original sounds for TFTD units.

2) UFOpedia graphic for TFTD with the exception of Aliens and their autopsy need adding.

3) Damagetype for sonic and gauss are using the plasma and laser values. This is a big thing, for I have yet to decide what weapon damage from sonic and gauss can do on land vs aliens and vice versa.  Plasma weapon and laser won't work in the sea, so that's not a big problem.

I need some one to raise their hand to help me with this.. if someone are willing. After the testing I had mention above, I will release the mod as it is.  Fully functional and 90% bug free or no crashes. You can play all of TFTD terrains, fight all the TFTD ufos and all aliens with the exception of a few TFTD terror weapons.

Here are today's screen shots.