Author Topic: [Done] Specific randomised stats for clones during Soldier Transformation.  (Read 6283 times)

wcho035

Hi Ohartenstein23,

Thank you kindly for the quick reply.

I am looking for a ranged feature in the random generation of a clone soldier’s stats.

For example, if I want a random number generated between plus and minus 5% (can be more or less, depending on the percentage you declare, or between 5% to 10%) of a soldier’s starting stats.

I can declare a RANGE in between where a number would be generated from. It has a lower bound for the percentage starts and upper bound. A range variance, of positive and negative numbers.

So the range or variance can be +-5%, -5% to -10 %, can be 10 to 20% in chosen stats, NOT for every stats. (Please forgive the upper case NOT shout)

I am not sure how you implement it. for example, if a donor soldier’s strength is 40. I would like the strength num of the clone to generate in the range between -5% and 5% of 40. So the new strength could come out less than or more than 40.

This random generation again, is for selected stats, for example I want to leave mana out and with everything else of the clone’s stat generated randomly..in between +- 5% of the clone starting stats. I don’t want all the stats randomised. Just selected ones. I hope I am able to write out my request with clarity.

Lastly, if you can kindly implement this request. If I want every stats of the soldier generate randomly, with the exception of MANA, I want it to have a specific value for it instead of a random one. Can the rule set handle this? 

Thank you kindly again for helping with my request. I am most grateful. If you are unsure of my examples above, , please ask and I will do my best to clarify.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 05:02:10 pm by wcho035 »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
The variance example I wrote is mathematically equivalent to a range, and you can set variation to 0 if you want a single number instead of a range. For example:
Code: [Select]
soldierTransformations:
  - type: STR_CLONE_TRANSFORMATION
    percentOverallStatChange:
      strength: 0 # default, just showing for example
      health: 30
      firing: -5
      mana: 0 # default, just showing for example
    percentOverallStatChangeVariance:
      strength: 5
      health: 10
      firing: 0 # default, just showing for example
      mana: 0 # default, just showing for example

With this proposed code, your clone would get:
  • An additional 0% + [between -5% and +5%] = -5% to +5% strength. If the original soldier had 40 strength, the clone would have 38-42 strength.
  • An additional 30% + [between -10% and +10%] = +20% to +40% max HP. If the original soldier had 50 max HP, the clone would have 60-70 max HP.
  • An additional -5% + [between -0% and +0%] = -5% firing accuracy. If the original soldier had 100 firing accuracy, the clone would have 95 firing accuracy.
  • An additional 0% + [between -0% and +0%] = 0% maximum mana. The clone soldier will have the same maximum mana as the original soldier.

This will allow you to pick which stats are a randomized change, which are a fixed change, and which do not change at all (by this method).

If you want an exact amount of mana on the output soldier of a transformation (your clone), you handle that by setting it in the soldier type's minStats and maxStats, then using lowerBoundAtMinStats and upperBoundAtMaxStats to "clamp" it to an exact value. This is already available in the current code.

wcho035

Mr Ohartenstein23

You are absolutely a wonderful human being! Thanks for the implementation of this feature! I look forward at testing it out in the coming days! Thank you truly for your kindness again!

Note. As Meridian has kindly pointed out I made assumption because of misreading the threads. I still wish to stick to these words I wrote, for the donated time in replying to my thread and giving my request some consideration .
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 08:47:43 pm by wcho035 »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Mr Ohartenstein23

You are absolutely a wonderful human being! Thanks for the implementation of this feature! I look forward at testing it out in the coming days! Thank you truly for your kindness again!

Now I may be blind... but where exactly did Ohartenstein say that he will implement it?

wcho035

Re: [DONE!] Specific randomised stats for clones during Soldier Transformation.
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2019, 08:02:19 pm »
Trust in faith and pray for the kindness of a man...

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2019, 08:06:41 pm »
It's rude.

wcho035

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2019, 08:07:55 pm »
How?  To be honest, it is late in the day. Maybe I made a few assumptions, yet it is kind of Ohartenstien to reply and propose a way to make it happen. I make mistakes at this time of the night.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 08:12:21 pm by wcho035 »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2019, 08:13:12 pm »
How?

Mr wcho035

You are absolutely a wonderful human being! Thanks for sending me one million dollars! I look forward at spending them in the coming days! Thank you truly for your kindness and generosity again!

wcho035

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2019, 08:22:40 pm »
Come on Meridian, it is simple exhilaration of gratitude. It may sound exaggerated, but it has been a bit of relief on my end to finally see this come to somewhere. I wish I am a big shot game developer, then I will be paying you a million dollar to write all the exciting features I want.  I can dream of what I want in this game.. but then if I do, I may just scare every one more than any soldier meeting a zombie in the game.

Some may call it Fear factor..  my flavour..
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 08:28:35 pm by wcho035 »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2019, 08:29:15 pm »
I don't want a million dollars from you... I hope you understood that much.
I just used your words to thank you for something you haven't done and haven't promised to do... so that you see WHY such a statement is rude.

As for "a bit of relief on my end to finally see this come to somewhere"... NOTHING has happened yet... it has not come anywhere yet... if you got a different impression, then I would like to politely inform you that nothing has happened yet.

wcho035

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2019, 08:32:41 pm »
Point taken, I also need to read the thread more
 carefully. Again, late in the day.. the eyes are not 100% with age. However, sometimes it is worth noting kind person like yourself and ohartenstien are willing to devote time in help, no matter how trivial the question is. For that I wish to humbly thank you just the same. I know I do test the patience of people some times. None the less I do feel genuinely grateful for everything I get so far.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 08:37:56 pm by wcho035 »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
Re: [Pending] Specific randomised stats for clones during Soldier Transformation.
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2019, 09:48:35 pm »
Sorry, it is hard for me (and my language) to read these loooong posts, but idea about randomized stat changes is close with my hearth. Personally my request was about random psi strength change. But if this is too complicate,  i can do what i want with other tools (it will be ugly, but ok).
Thanks for attention.

wcho035

Hi  ohartenstein23

Any update please on this request? Thank you kindly.

Regards.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Sorry, it is hard for me (and my language) to read these loooong posts, but idea about randomized stat changes is close with my hearth. Personally my request was about random psi strength change. But if this is too complicate,  i can do what i want with other tools (it will be ugly, but ok).
Thanks for attention.

Just cleaning up my todolist.
This is implemented here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,7196.msg117768.html#msg117768

Removing this thread from my attention.