aliens

Author Topic: [Answered] interruptPercentage vs endlessInfiltration  (Read 2028 times)

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
[Answered] interruptPercentage vs endlessInfiltration
« on: April 28, 2019, 03:50:14 pm »
I'd like giving the player the ability to thwart alien missions (specifically the infiltration type).
Setting "endlessInfiltration: false" has the same practical effect as setting "interruptPercentage: 100" to all the UFOs in the mission waves?

(Maybe it's worth mentioning that I'm designing the waves so that all UFOs appear more ore less together, unlike vanilla where they appear one after another).

« Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 06:00:22 pm by Meridian »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: interruptPercentage vs endlessInfiltration
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 05:46:36 pm »
I'd like giving the player the ability to thwart alien missions (specifically the infiltration type).
Setting "endlessInfiltration: false" has the same practical effect as setting "interruptPercentage: 100" to all the UFOs in the mission waves?

(Maybe it's worth mentioning that I'm designing the waves so that all UFOs appear more ore less together, unlike vanilla where they appear one after another).

interruptPercentage can prevent an infiltration completely (if you're lucky mission ends after first UFO)

endlessInfiltration does not prevent the first infiltration... it only stops the infiltration from continuing indefinitely (e.g. instead of taking UK, France, Germany, Spain and Italy in the same mission, the aliens will stop after taking UK... or whoever they took first).

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
Re: interruptPercentage vs endlessInfiltration
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 07:35:32 pm »
I see. Thanks.