aliens

Author Topic: Any chance of updating the wiki for TFTD?  (Read 2445 times)

Offline endersblade

• Captain
    • View Profile
Any chance of updating the wiki for TFTD?
« on: October 08, 2018, 04:02:41 am »
Specifically the Ruleset Reference Nightly.  Yeah, sure, most of the information is the same, but TFTD adds new stuff too.  Or different numbers that don't appear in the reference.  For instance, Mag Ion Armor has a movementType of 3, which isn't listed in the Reference, as OpenXCOM doesn't have to deal with moving underwater.  There are just so many little things like this in the files that don't appear on the Reference page and it makes it difficult to create mods when you have to play trial and error with things you know nothing about.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
Re: Any chance of updating the wiki for TFTD?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 11:37:20 pm »
Specifically the Ruleset Reference Nightly.  Yeah, sure, most of the information is the same, but TFTD adds new stuff too.  Or different numbers that don't appear in the reference.  For instance, Mag Ion Armor has a movementType of 3, which isn't listed in the Reference, as OpenXCOM doesn't have to deal with moving underwater.  There are just so many little things like this in the files that don't appear on the Reference page and it makes it difficult to create mods when you have to play trial and error with things you know nothing about.

Why don't you try to edit it yourself?

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Any chance of updating the wiki for TFTD?
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 08:46:44 am »
I made the change.

For small things, you can make the change yourself pretty easily as long as you know what to change it to/add. I updated the movementType based on Meridian's response to your other thread. I don't know if they apply to UFO Defense but I assume they do.