Author Topic: OXCE v7.12 MacOS  (Read 48023 times)

Offline Kitos

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: OXCE v7.5.3 MacOS
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2022, 08:52:47 pm »
Works on my M1 macbook air monterey 12.2.1
Thank you!

Offline ReddyKilowattz

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2022, 08:15:05 pm »
I'm running monterey 12.3.1. The copy of Extended-7.5.3-f94c8c56f-2022-02-07-macos.dmg at cant-post-external-links https openxcom.org oxce release  doesn't work for me. On starting it, I get an openxcom window and I can hear the audio from the startup video. But part of the window where the game would appear is a blank gray. My mouse disappears when I move it into the window. Also, the window's title bar and the menus (at the top of the screen) are slightly blurry on the main iMac screen.

The copy of openxcom.dmg linked a few messages back ( which identifies itself as 7.5.8 ) works fine. The game video and audio are fine, and the title bar & menu are sharp.

I do have some development stuff installed, as I was previously building OpenXcom from source code.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 08:21:21 pm by ReddyKilowattz »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2022, 08:56:39 pm »
Thanks for the confirmation.

I'll try to produce builds for newer macOS in the future, as soon as I get my hands on some newer hardware.

Offline Finnik

• Colonel
  • Finnik#0257
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2022, 09:42:55 pm »
How do you build a macOS version of OXCE? AFAIK, for win 32/64 and Linux you are using Stoddard's Jenkins job, but what about mac?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2022, 10:52:37 pm »
I build it on my MacBook.

Offline Finnik

• Colonel
  • Finnik#0257
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2022, 07:40:39 pm »
I build it on my MacBook.
Hah, OK)

Offline Killbotvii

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: OXCE v7.7 MacOS
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2022, 04:45:14 pm »
I cannot reproduce the success of the ARM release from earlier this year. When I compile it on my M2 MacBook Air, following the instructions he said to follow, it compiles fully but instantly crashes when you try to launch it.

In addition, the working build runs unbearably slow, worsening the higher resolution you run it at. Even at sub 1080p, it's near unplayable and definitely not enjoyable.

Offline Fox Mulder

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: OXCE v7.8 MacOS
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2022, 10:21:36 pm »
Hi Meridian,
I suppose that for Monterey/Ventura the version is still 7.5.3, right? What about a porting of the 7.8 into it? Do You think it could be possible?
Regards

Fra

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: OXCE v7.8 MacOS
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2022, 10:54:16 pm »
I cannot create a build for newer Macs, my Macbook is too old.

But the guy who compiled it for newer Macs can do it also for OXCE 7.8
(there is no difference in compilation compared to OXCE 7.5.3, somebody just needs to ask him nicely)

Offline Fox Mulder

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2022, 03:10:52 pm »
Here you go! As per usual, one should populate /Applications/openxcom.app/Contents/Resources/UFO/ with a legitimately-owned copy of the original game after installing.

(The previous, deleted message was me forgetting that I should not upload an image containing a populated copy of this directory. D'oh!)
Hi domq, when and if possible, could You build another .dmg with the latest 7.8? Just to be up to date..
Thanks

Offline jasem

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: OXCE v7.9.8 MacOS
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2023, 01:26:23 pm »
Can confirm domq's build ( 7.5.8 ) works on OSX Monterey 12.6.3 on Intel chip, with no issues as far as I can tell.  I tested only with UFO not with TFTD.  New build would be appreciated if possible. 

Thank you everyone who contributes to this awesome community.

Offline Fox Mulder

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2023, 09:49:03 am »
Hi, I try to read infos for trying to compile it by myself, but they are not clear for me.. Could somebody more expert try to explain the steps for compiling? Version I'm interested in is for Mac Monterey or up, I can use both a Monterey Mac and a Mojave Mac, if simpler, to build
Thanks

Offline ii8

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: OXCE v7.7 MacOS
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2023, 02:35:35 pm »
I cannot reproduce the success of the ARM release from earlier this year. When I compile it on my M2 MacBook Air, following the instructions he said to follow, it compiles fully but [URL] when you try to launch it.

In addition, the working build runs unbearably slow, worsening the higher resolution you run it at. Even at sub 1080p, it's near unplayable and definitely not enjoyable.

I recently tried to compile master branch form GitHub on M1 (arm64) and it has error with some library. After tweaks in build path (adding libwebp), I get the build. But it crashes with the same or near the same error. I'm not familiar with c/c++ development – have no idea how to fix this, what the root cause.. If i run the build from Xcode – it crash with another error related to SDL..

Additionally, I tested domq's x86 build (7.5.8) and it works okay for small resolution only. if I set something like 2000x1200 or greater it starter lugging on animations. It's really weird. Maybe it's animations implementation limits, i don't know.

Can someone provide a way to compile this project on modern arm macs, pleease?

Offline DumboSquids

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: OXCE v7.9.10 MacOS
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2023, 04:18:22 am »
Hi all,

I've compiled OXCE 7.9.10 for Ventura 13.4.1 - see attached.

As always, you will need to put in the original game files into the Contents/Resources/UFO folder.

Works on my M2 MacBook Air. Any problems, I probably can't help you!

Good luck!

Offline Fox Mulder

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2023, 09:43:30 pm »
Hi DumboSquids,
I try it but on Monterey (Intel) it has a grey circle on it, no way to use it. Is this ONLY for Ventura or ONLY for M2?