Author Topic: OXCE v7.6 for Android  (Read 88296 times)

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: OXCE v7.5.3 for Android
« Reply #165 on: February 13, 2022, 09:54:04 pm »
How other screens look like?

Offline NNTeslaNN

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 14, 2022, 08:31:45 am »
After I restarted phone everything fixed it self for some reason

Offline Caleb13

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Mouse cursor broken after re-running the game
« Reply #167 on: March 26, 2022, 03:34:38 pm »
Hi, I tried playing TFTD with OCXE 7.5.3 on Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ (part number SM-T970) which runs Android 12 (core 4.19.113-2322000). I play with a mouse connected via power delivery USB hub, so I enabled the Extended Mouse Mode and Show Cursor options. They work wonderfully until you close the game. When you re-run it, the ingame cursor becomes broken - it doesn't follow the mouse movents anymore and instead only jumps to positions you click/tap on. The only way to fix it is to reboot the entire tablet. The "use app cache" options in the launcher have no effect, it breaks regardless of their settings. If you need some logs to better debug this, please let me know.

BTW, after I first installed OXCE, I also had to reboot the tablet (like NNTeslaNN mentioned), otherwise the game didn't work properly. The main game was unplayable becase no USOs appeared for months and the Mission Generator was throwing missing file errors.

Offline Inglonias

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 06, 2022, 11:32:03 pm »
I wanted to report a consistent crash I am experiencing on my Pixel 5A with OXCE 7.5.3. This crash occurs whenever I try to preview my base or soldier arrangement on the skyranger. I am attaching a save file as well as the log file. I can reproduce the crash by tapping on XCOMmand's access lift to preview the base and go through the briefing screen. The preview feature works correctly on my Windows 10 laptop, so I suspect this problem is specific to Android in general, or my phone in particular for whatever reason.

I don't know how late to the party I am on this, but I figured I would report it as best able.

EDIT: Now that I actually look at the log file, it seems that the game is segfaulting and is not telling me where that segfault is happening. Very rude indeed. Is there a different build I can try to load onto my phone that could aid in debugging?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2022, 11:35:46 pm by Inglonias »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 06, 2022, 11:38:24 pm »
Thanks for the report.
I'll check if I can reproduce on my end.

Offline luplay2

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 12, 2022, 10:30:21 am »
Thanks for your sharing!

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 02, 2022, 10:34:59 am »
EDIT: Now that I actually look at the log file, it seems that the game is segfaulting and is not telling me where that segfault is happening. Very rude indeed. Is there a different build I can try to load onto my phone that could aid in debugging?

I haven't found any good way how to output the stacktrace on the Android version yet.
It would help me a lot too.
If anyone knows, create a PR please.

I wanted to report a consistent crash I am experiencing on my Pixel 5A with OXCE 7.5.3. This crash occurs whenever I try to preview my base or soldier arrangement on the skyranger. I am attaching a save file as well as the log file. I can reproduce the crash by tapping on XCOMmand's access lift to preview the base and go through the briefing screen. The preview feature works correctly on my Windows 10 laptop, so I suspect this problem is specific to Android in general, or my phone in particular for whatever reason.

I don't know how late to the party I am on this, but I figured I would report it as best able.

I could not reproduce on my devices (samsung s7 and samsung a53), but it's been reported a few times, so there's definitely an issue.
And we have also a report from iOS now, with a stack trace! :) https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,10695.msg148126.html#msg148126
Hopefully this will be enough to fix the issue.