Author Topic: OXCE (OpenXcom Extended) main thread  (Read 445731 times)

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: OXCE (OpenXcom Extended) main thread
« Reply #555 on: June 12, 2020, 04:47:57 pm »
I am not up-to-date on the known issues list for OXCE, but melee weapons and units on stairs don't seem to get along. Is there any way to fix this?

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 12, 2020, 05:19:57 pm »
What version you use? Some have bug that make draw unit incorrectly and probably affect hit logic too

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 14, 2020, 02:10:32 pm »
Playing TWoTS latest version and experimenting with debug mode I've found what gas tanks with 12 rounds maximum not spend their ammo when shooting. Is it should be because of debug mode activated? Can't remember now what happened with aquanaut ammo, but 100% sure about those tanks.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 14, 2020, 03:04:21 pm »
Playing TWoTS latest version and experimenting with debug mode I've found what gas tanks with 12 rounds maximum not spend their ammo when shooting. Is it should be because of debug mode activated? Can't remember now what happened with aquanaut ammo, but 100% sure about those tanks.
No ammo will be spent in debug mode.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 14, 2020, 05:09:08 pm »
What version you use? Some have bug that make draw unit incorrectly and probably affect hit logic too

6.5.1 / 2020-05-21

Having trouble hitting units on stairs with melee attacks (as in, the hit sound plays, but no damage is dealt).

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 14, 2020, 05:14:53 pm »
6.5.1 / 2020-05-21

Having trouble hitting units on stairs with melee attacks (as in, the hit sound plays, but no damage is dealt).

(hopefully) Fixed in 6.5.3 / 2020-05-28

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 24, 2020, 03:32:49 pm »
Version 6.5.3.1 aquanauts who has melee and ranged weapon in hands always use ranged for reaction regardless of choosing melee by left click (yellow dot set on knife). Bug or selecting weapon for reaction fire works only for ranged version? It will be great use this feature for melee reaction as well, especially if second weapon ranged or both hands used for melee only.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 24, 2020, 03:56:15 pm »
it works for melee too

if melee can't be used (for example if you are not in melee range), ranged will be used instead

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 24, 2020, 04:12:19 pm »
Ok, that explain things. But how make use melee only avoiding spend TU on ranged? For example aquanaut kneeling with knife and harpoon in other hand and waiting while creeper come in close range to react with knife. Is only way then unequip harpoon or unload it? It's kinda inconveniently because I need spend TU putting weapon down and picking it up at new turn. So option do NOT use ranged if it has ammo and melee preferred for reaction will be very useful.
P.S.
Suggestion. Red dot on weapon what disable it completely for reaction fire:
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 04:42:06 pm by Shiroi Bara »

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 29, 2020, 05:55:24 pm »
I am not sure where to post this, this concerns scripts (shields in particular). I'm playing XCF right now and had a sectiod turn around and reaction fire upon moving after depleting it's shield.

It faced away from my agent and did not reaction fire when I shot at it and depleted it's shield, but it turned around and reaction fired when I subsequently moved the agent. I'm not sure if this is a limitation of the shield script, intended or simpyl a bug. Can somebody shed some light onto this?

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 29, 2020, 07:59:56 pm »
I am not sure where to post this, this concerns scripts (shields in particular). I'm playing XCF right now and had a sectiod turn around and reaction fire upon moving after depleting it's shield.

It faced away from my agent and did not reaction fire when I shot at it and depleted it's shield, but it turned around and reaction fired when I subsequently moved the agent. I'm not sure if this is a limitation of the shield script, intended or simpyl a bug. Can somebody shed some light onto this?

This is unrelated to shields, it happens also without shields.

It's a known quirk of OXC and probably also of the original game.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 29, 2020, 08:28:58 pm »
Ah, okay, that's good to know. Thanks!

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 29, 2020, 09:08:25 pm »
No reaction after shot but reaction after move is not quirk but fundamental behavior of reaction.
Every unit have ReactionScore value that is based on current TU.
When you have highest reaction nobody can attack you, but if you fall bellow other start shoot at you.
In this case after shoot you have still initiative because your reaction score was bigger, but after one step alien have chance to react.

You can image this like:
Hitting target inform him that you are there, and he want to turn araound but he is too slow to have any effect. When you move, you giving him this precious second to react and shoot back at you.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 29, 2020, 10:01:29 pm »
I'm aware of that. It's just that the TU reduction from shooting was quite substential, while the one from walking was not. Must have been right on the edge.

BTW, I just discoverd that during outfitting/deployment the numbers indicating how many items are in a pile vanish if you switch to a player unit that has been spawned for that mission and then switch back to your soldiers.

Case in point would be the "David Vincent" mission in XCF. If during deployment you switch to David Vincent (unit can't access your items, i.e. ground is empty) and then switch forward/backward to your units the items on the ground are missing the numerical indicators. They only reappear if you click the "scroll right" button (which probably redraws them).

EDIT:
I'm also having some trouble with units on slopes, I think the drawing order is a bit off:
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 03:22:42 pm by krautbernd »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 29, 2020, 11:10:42 pm »
EDIT:
I'm also having some trouble with units on slopes, I think the drawing order is a bit off:

fixed in oxce v6.5.3