aliens

Author Topic: [Solved] control spawn of civilian types  (Read 2812 times)

Offline Tekamthi

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
[Solved] control spawn of civilian types
« on: August 03, 2018, 03:46:42 am »
is it possible to control how many and/or the chance of a civilian type spawning?  I've seen some vague references to these in terrains and mission rulesets, but not so specific. guessing its a no go for now.

really i was thinking of limiting a civilian type to just a single unit max (but w/ units of other civilian types too), ideally on a very low % spawn chance, to have unique neutral NPCs that show up occasionally in terror cities etc.. maybe for xcom-eu-style "soldier reward" missions, rare items, or just for variety. w/ some other OXCE+ options I've caught like soldier mfg/projects and civilian recovery, could be some other interesting options.  any chance this might workable? alien races & ranks already seems to work similarly, afaik

« Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 05:25:50 pm by Meridian »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile

Offline Tekamthi

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [QUESTION/SUGGESTION] control spawn of civilian types
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 05:41:18 pm »
I'm still putting together the complete picture of how the rulesets fit together in my head, but yes, I'm pretty sure that'll work.  Thanks! 

Is there a comprehensive ruleset reference anywhere, the way there is for the OXC nightly?  I've been picking at forum threads and the OXCE+ changelog, but missed that bit re: random civilians etc.

Just to clarify, if I understand things right,:   if I wanted to have an NPC only show up occasionally on "existing" missions, I'd have to copy the mission/deployment/script ruleset entries themselves, and set the script to spawn these alternate mission versions on low chance?  Do I have roughly the right picture here? if so, it would be slightly preferable to somehow be able to weight the existing list of randomCivilians, though through the above ruleset detour, I'm happy.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 06:30:56 pm by Tekamthi »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 09:08:16 pm »
Is there a comprehensive ruleset reference anywhere, the way there is for the OXC nightly?  I've been picking at forum threads and the OXCE+ changelog, but missed that bit re: random civilians etc.

Well, it's planned: see here.
(It exists, but isn't really developed... Any help is welcome.)

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 09:44:48 pm »
Well, it's planned: see here.
(It exists, but isn't really developed... Any help is welcome.)
But then what is this page?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2018, 09:46:49 pm »
But then what is this page?

I have nothing. XD