Author Topic: 40k future plans and Work in progress / Suggestions  (Read 72685 times)

Offline Gilad Pelleon

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: 40k future plans and Work in progress / Suggestions
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2019, 01:36:16 pm »
Maybe you don't understood my explanation of traitors. I've just meant that some xenos if you will capture them alive can fight on your side, or some your men can go heresy and attack you while on mission. It will add some challenge.

Offline Anon011

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2019, 09:59:39 am »
I've just meant that some xenos if you will capture them alive can fight on your side
Im not a type of guy who is super lore purist and i understand that in somecases gameplay takes priority over lore, but i think thats a little bit too far we stretching wh40k lore here.

or some your men can go heresy and attack you while on mission. It will add some challenge.
Is that even possible from a engine standpoint? Also i dont think that would really be a good mechanic, enemy psykers mind controlling your forces are annoying enough as it is.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2019, 12:21:27 pm »
if you play with guard , during "terror mission´s" if guardsman survive they will join you. Feature available if playing with marines also (i thought not)
Also i not a big lore guy, But i think emporium of man is a bit xeno/witch racist, they prefer to burn their own (inquisition) than have someone that is not pure on their rank
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 04:18:51 pm by bulletdesigner »

Offline EuchreJack

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2019, 12:00:27 am »
I understand its possible for player units to drop something upon death, and even to differentiate between player units code-wise.

Hence, I wonder if it would possible/feasible to implement a gene-seed system for space marines?  One marine dies, you can manufacture two more. 
There would need to be a mechanic for the player to be able to spend honor points to get space marines/gene-seed, in case they ran out of gene-seed (such as by losing an entire squad, or not recovering enough bodies while fleeing).

Unrelated:
Could it be possible for those who chose the Imperial Guard to at least recruit a small squad of space marines/sisters of battle?  Maybe by spending honor points for a batch (as per above maybe)?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2019, 12:43:37 am »
It's possible and wouldn't be too hard to implement such a system. I agree it would be more immersive and fitting to the lore, but I question whether or not it would be fun to play the mod when you're worried about every death possibly costing you more of the honor badges. This isn't terribly hard to do if you would like to try it as a side-mod to the main one.

You start with a few marines at the beginning of every campaign, though I usually dismiss them when I'm playing as the IG; it doesn't really fit that an IG command should be able to request marines to supplement their army. Same goes for sisters of battle, though it's a bit less heretical a request. I have planned instead that some rare IG-only missions might have you supporting the sisters or space marines, and you can recruit the survivors.

Offline EuchreJack

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2019, 12:33:21 am »
I did have another idea that might lessen the load of collecting gene seed.

In the Lore, Space Marines armor doesn't disappear when the occupant dies, so perhaps dead Space Marines in Power Armor should also drop Armor Parts.  Get 3, and you get a "free" Power Armor.

Now, the more heretical idea would be for Chaos Space Marines to also drop Armor Parts.  But is there any way to truly cleanse the taint from their equipment?

My theory for the cost of Space Marines via honor points for Space Marine chapters would be something like 10 for 1, and maybe other resources could be exchanged for Space marines instead (maybe a large stock of armor might convince the Chapter to disperse more Space Marines, or maybe the player gets 4 space marines each month).

My apologies if this is already somewhat implemented by giving the player Adamantium for destroyed armor friend or foe.  I just sort of like how the Space Marines use kitbashed armor.

For getting stuff to drop when a unit dies, would I be adding to the CorpseBattle line on Armor?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 12:49:31 am by EuchreJack »

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2019, 05:07:14 pm »
I did have another idea that might lessen the load of collecting gene seed.

In the Lore, Space Marines armor doesn't disappear when the occupant dies, so perhaps dead Space Marines in Power Armor should also drop Armor Parts.  Get 3, and you get a "free" Power Armor.

Now, the more heretical idea would be for Chaos Space Marines to also drop Armor Parts.  But is there any way to truly cleanse the taint from their equipment?

My theory for the cost of Space Marines via honor points for Space Marine chapters would be something like 10 for 1, and maybe other resources could be exchanged for Space marines instead (maybe a large stock of armor might convince the Chapter to disperse more Space Marines, or maybe the player gets 4 space marines each month).

My apologies if this is already somewhat implemented by giving the player Adamantium for destroyed armor friend or foe.  I just sort of like how the Space Marines use kitbashed armor.

For getting stuff to drop when a unit dies, would I be adding to the CorpseBattle line on Armor?

It´s already a bit complex since we have to recover body for dreadnought.
we can implement a way to extract materials form enemy armor´s( but rises the issue why enemy and not marines)
If many people ask for it, but again is more extra work to get adamantium ( like a new manufacturing recycle scrap option)

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2019, 11:35:24 pm »
If the other chapters come out will they also have gear specific to only that faction like iron hands having new vehicles or the salamanders be able to use flame and melta weapons earlier?

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2019, 02:20:29 am »
If the other chapters come out will they also have gear specific to only that faction like iron hands having new vehicles or the salamanders be able to use flame and melta weapons earlier?

a new chapter will come out this week, and no chapter specific gear yet. This way you can change chapter as you want. if we add gear that option will be lost. And open another rabbit hole  to fall

Offline Lord Flasheart

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2019, 04:55:33 am »
I have a suggestion: Is it possible to arrange a modified dispersion of the different enemy types? Just to ensure all of them will appear?
For example if I start a new game I get a lot of raptors but no chaos traitor guardsmen. Or vice versa. Or I get berserkers but no sorcerers. And so on.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2019, 04:03:31 pm »
I have a suggestion: Is it possible to arrange a modified dispersion of the different enemy types? Just to ensure all of them will appear?
For example if I start a new game I get a lot of raptors but no chaos traitor guardsmen. Or vice versa. Or I get berserkers but no sorcerers. And so on.

The races are planed and scripted by mission, (krone for terror, nurgle for plague, etc..) but right now game engines goes for another factor that we need to change. It´s Part of the plan, but i think is a major rewrite on one part that in i´m not comfortable and my hope is ohartenstein23  ;D
Sorry about vagueness of answer but even i need to remember the correct term´s of´s whats to change

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2019, 04:42:27 pm »
It is possible, but it'd take some major rewriting of the mission generation portions of the mod. We would certainly like more variety, it'll just take me some time to test and work out.

The way races and missions are chosen right now are done by what is known as the "mission table" - at the beginning of a campaign, the game engine makes a list of possible missions for every region. Each month, one mission (meaning a set of craft activity done by a single race) is picked from the table, run, and removed from the table. The start of the game is coded to run a Cultist mission automatically in the region of your first base, the remaining is RNG-based. This is the part we'd be editing, deciding how the table gets populated at the beginning of the game, what actually appears on your end is only mildly up to us.

On top of this there are also mission scripts that run independently of the table, producing the monthly terror mission as well as the side operations for the marines or the side missions for the guard. We can use this method to run more of the mission generation, but it'd end up feeling, well, "scripted".

Offline b

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2019, 11:39:12 am »
Suggestions:
It would be better if the date in the game was updated from 1999 to maybe 41999?   Also,  it's strange that you can put motorcycles in drop pods but can't drive them out.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2019, 06:02:46 pm »
Any 2x2 units should be put at the top of the crew list on a craft - they can only exit the droppods if they're in the southernmost pod.

Offline Mr Shin

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2019, 03:35:27 am »
Any 2x2 units should be put at the top of the crew list on a craft - they can only exit the droppods if they're in the southernmost pod.

There also bug if you deploy 2x2 unit on the valkyre as the last unit, they will not spawn on the mission bcz i think valkyre have that single spawn point in the back of  the craft.

Could be fix putting spawn point 1 tile afront of the craft and increasing soldier number to 12 instead 10?