aliens

Author Topic: 40k future plans and Work in progress / Suggestions  (Read 72662 times)

Offline COMMUNIST

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: 40k future plans and Work in progress / Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2018, 11:03:40 pm »
if you want it in the next update of new enemies: the orcs can make the type "WAAAGH" type the more they are on the map so they shoot well and so on.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2018, 11:43:19 pm »
hey COMMUNIST welcome :D i´m glad you enjoy the mod, Orc´s will arrive short 2 moths top´s, even i´m not focused on then there are plenty of sprites made for then already ready to be used. About the Waaght boost , computer (your enemy) don´t know how to use it , was discussed some time ago in the forum, medikit for the computer to use , and the script still don´t go that far.. maybe in the future someone will implement it, still there are other stuff like snipers and spotters , bezerkers but no auto skill use yet

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2018, 01:33:30 pm »
To clarify: The setting AGGRESSIVE RETALIATION is NOT turned on by default, that's right. I did it though and that's why I strongly suggest to make it OFF by default, because the game can get pretty much unbeatable that way.  :)

Have to test the flamers, i have to admit i never used them... Must be bad experiences in the default game where incendiaries are pretty useless...

That Traitor guard still haunts me... That mission was like a nightmare, i downed everything left and right, even Sentinels and there he was, a single lone, tiny Chaos guard, killing my entire squad with his puny lasgun...  :D and later his twin showed up in another mission... ::)

Oh, one thing: The defense corridor is rather expensive. In my game the 4 turrets could not kill a single raptor, 1.5 million credits for a (speed-bump) delay of 2 turns is a bit excessive.... Could also be RNG related of course, but maybe you could raise their rate-of-fire to make them more viable, haven't checked their stats, though...

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2018, 03:25:34 pm »
I'd rather not fix options in the mod unless completely necessary for gameplay; if you want to be a mascochist and turn on aggressive retaliation, that's your prerogative.  If you left it on in your options from a previous campaign, then you've probably learned to check your settings more closely when starting a new mod.

As for the defense corridors, we're waiting for new code to finish the testing phase in order to make these player-controlled instead of "civilian" units, that should make them much more helpful in the future.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2018, 03:50:42 pm »
The mod is a bit hard, but you get used to it. Juggers go down to flamers and massed laser fire. Grenades are pretty weak, mostly useful for causing wounds, they don't rule the game like in vanilla. Unless you count the melta bombs, that is, these are very good :) Traitor Guard is easily dispatched by melee weapons. Sniper Rifle rules. Really better not whine about such basic enemies as Traitor Guard and Juggers, before you have met the Chaos Terminators :)

Offline COMMUNIST

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2018, 08:09:38 pm »
can update to the orcs add gretchinov? type pour the skin of the sectoid and ready. I'm sorry, I'm not an expert. Maybe it's complicated.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2018, 02:22:32 am »

can update to the orcs add gretchinov? type pour the skin of the sectoid and ready. I'm sorry, I'm not an expert. Maybe it's complicated.

Offline COMMUNIST

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2018, 05:02:28 pm »
I'm playing your mod on the android and I really liked it, you essentially created a new game
Good job man
Nice work
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 05:23:49 pm by COMMUNIST »

Offline Ryskeliini

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2018, 05:01:37 am »
Slight nit'pic to ork dolls.. Overall great work! thats a lot of work you have done. ork anatomy resemble more of a ape like creature than human (ea muscular,longer hands, smaller head, thicc jaw, smaller legs). image is a poor 10 minute quick edit, sorry for that. but great work overalll, you must be busy wih everything else ..

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2018, 12:39:43 am »
Slight nit'pic to ork dolls.. Overall great work! thats a lot of work you have done. ork anatomy resemble more of a ape like creature than human (ea muscular,longer hands, smaller head, thicc jaw, smaller legs). image is a poor 10 minute quick edit, sorry for that. but great work overalll, you must be busy wih everything else ..

hey Ryskeliini long time no see, and true will see what i can do to make them more like the 40k universe

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2018, 11:04:12 pm »
made the changes
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 11:06:01 pm by bulletdesigner »

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: 40k future plans and Work in progress / Suggestion
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2018, 01:50:36 am »
So what´s going down for the moment,
I´ve been implementing the new additions for the craft´s, with the new OXCE+ spawn will be lot´s of changes  and work but also really fun stuff coming soon

a lot of unit´s will have to be convert to this new system (stormtalon, chaos predator), vindicator already is ready to be played.

Offline COMMUNIST

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2018, 02:24:24 pm »
and why the installation of a pair of paired bolters? There are also other modules of the flamethrower, laser gun, plasma and even melt

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2018, 12:53:38 pm »
and why the installation of a pair of paired bolters? There are also other modules of the flamethrower, laser gun, plasma and even melt

Canonical
All Variants of thunderhawk in wiki refer 2 front fuselage-mounted twin-linked Heavy Bolters.

Offline whisper micmillon

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2018, 06:36:07 am »
I have a suggestion for the Devs of this mod and that is would it be possible to add a gym for training? It does feel weird that none of the guardsmen/marines aren't training to improve themselves when they aren't on a mission.