Author Topic: Newbe questions  (Read 310090 times)

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Newbe questions
« Reply #210 on: July 22, 2018, 09:34:48 pm »
To say the truth, I think you are not prepared yet for them. You can use cheesy tactics like throw lots of grenades, stay inside the airbus, and try to take down people slowly... or just run, that is not a easy battle in this moment for you.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 22, 2018, 09:53:41 pm »
Ok, when is somebody prepared for those nuke missions?

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 22, 2018, 10:27:27 pm »
Nukes are always dangerous. You need more stealth, and the capacity to kill some of they before they can shoot. If you can shoot down the plasma guys, the mortars are hard to hit if you are in the sky, that is another alternative. So, stealth, high firepower, and/or fly capacity.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 22, 2018, 10:51:09 pm »
The nuke launcher is when you positively want to level the terrain with everyone in a big radious,best to keep a few for the siberian mission.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #214 on: July 22, 2018, 11:50:48 pm »
Ok, when is somebody prepared for those nuke missions?

It was designed in a way you can never be fully prepared, to discourage farming enemy bases. But if you're still using Airbus, then you're not ready to fight anything serious yet, nevermind something like that.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 23, 2018, 06:05:28 pm »
It was designed in a way you can never be fully prepared, to discourage farming enemy bases. But if you're still using Airbus, then you're not ready to fight anything serious yet, nevermind something like that.

Ok, if discourage was your intension, so do the nuke launchers NOT appear on other missions?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 23, 2018, 06:39:54 pm »
Because other missions have no where near the density of loot, at least not on anything that is 100% assured to spawn, sometimes many times per month. There was a time they where the single most lucrative encounter in the whole mod. Probably not the case anymore, but still pretty high.

Basically about half a base worth of loot with significantly fewer lower ranked defenders and only guass, and not full plasma, blaster launchers, and terror units. Something else was needed to give some more risk. First it was making the ship blowup its contents on a timer thus depriving you of loot unless you played more risky. Still wasn't sufficient but cutting below 20 turns wasn't feasible. So give the baddies more bite with a high impact but not necessarily always effective weapon.

So get a high risk, high reward scenario, that is not easily farmed at least until the very late game at which point the loot/income impact is no longer a balance issue. It also serves as way to introduce the home grown earthy version of the blaster bomb, in a way that get players interested. 

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 23, 2018, 06:51:54 pm »
What actually is necessary to win this booty mission? If I kill the Locknaars, I lose. If I do nothing, I lose too.

An one second thing:
My prison is almost full with people I can`t interrogate anymore. Can there be a situation, that some "races" are fully interrogated and can`t be anymore?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 07:02:09 pm by LouisdeFuines »

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 23, 2018, 08:10:55 pm »
In the mission description normally it says what to do. In this case, you need to destroy the red barn. Each title that you destroy is a bank token. You can change bank token for several prices. Do not kill the villagers. In this mission, the barrel explosive is really useful. Just remember, give you time to run.

The people you can not interrogate anymore, you can slave then, or rob then, or sell them. I prefer slave them. Slavering is useful because you reduce space in the vaults, and gain some money. It is not about the race per se, but each kind of enemies have a group of knowledge that you can learn from then.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 23, 2018, 09:08:56 pm »
@ajnunezr:
Thank you for the quick reply. Got it now.

Now my only problem is, that I don`t know, whom to interrogate anymore.
Progress has come to a halt.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 23, 2018, 09:33:21 pm »
You've skipped the bounty hunting game.
You NEED the tokens to get the following "rewards"

Bank's favours (goblin zaxx)
Jack's favours (muscular dude)
Mutant alliance favours (Saya)

Those are crucial to advance the tech tree and get better badges (c - a -rank) as well.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 23, 2018, 10:09:19 pm »
@Ethereal_Medic:
What bounty hunting game did I skip? Was this a mission?

Do I get the tokens from the missions? If so, what do with them? I`m very interested in your answer.

Edit:
Ok, I found out, I can "produce" the tokens by making donations in the production facility.
By this I can get prizes in the workshop.
Is it that, what you mean?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 10:24:46 pm by LouisdeFuines »

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 23, 2018, 10:20:15 pm »
When you do bounty hunting missions, you receive tokens, those tokens are interchangeable in the manufacturing screen for prizes, after manufactoring those prizes, you can research it, and those will give you pathways to more researches

The most important ones are the ones that Ethereal_Medic says.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 23, 2018, 10:49:39 pm »
I understand this now. Will those prizes help me get better gear like Gauss and technologies?

I got now Jacks Favors. After researching it, the game tells me, I can now produce gems with Jack. But I didn`t see him in the production list.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 06:45:16 pm by LouisdeFuines »

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 23, 2018, 11:22:04 pm »
You can change Jacks tokens for gems. On the other hand, try to get alliance favors, that can unlock you eventually library, and back to school. But be prepared to assist progroms.