Author Topic: Newbe questions  (Read 302513 times)

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Newbe questions
« Reply #150 on: July 19, 2018, 01:10:44 am »
Bounty-question:
Sometimes I read at the end of the mission, that a treasure has been gained. But that doesn`t seem to be the treasure from the production facility. It still shows me, that the treasure is missing.

As far as the bounty missions go, the "strange treasure" are the trophy items you turn in for their respective bounty tokens.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 19, 2018, 02:06:45 am »
Even after researching them, bounty trophies remain as "strange treasure" when looted from the battlescape as a means of getting points from bounty missions.

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 19, 2018, 06:49:47 am »
And if you click on the EXP button twice, you'll see exactly what you got. That screen can also be used to sell things you don't need - and since it memorizes what you sold off before, storage management becomes easier.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 19, 2018, 05:28:53 pm »
What about lasers? I researched them, but can`t purchase nor build them.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 19, 2018, 05:49:36 pm »
The lasgun series can't be purchased, so cherish all that you loot; you can at least make clips for them with enough research.  There are other kinds of lasers you can buy, one from a contact and another as a bounty prize.

And there is a series of lasers that you can build yourself, but it requires fighting a difficult battle for the Russian Files.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 19, 2018, 07:59:29 pm »
One general question about damage: What does that 20 "x7" damage mean?

Does the weapon deal 140 damage, when close or what?

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 19, 2018, 08:18:15 pm »
One general question about damage: What does that 20 "x7" damage mean?

Does the weapon deal 140 damage, when close or what?
20x7 stands for 7 pellets, 20 damage each.
Since every single pellet does 0%-to-200% damage each (so 0-to-40, disregarding resistances), this gun perfrms extremely well against unarmored targets, but is completely unable to punch through 40+ armour.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 19, 2018, 09:24:49 pm »
Ok, so I found lasers and researched it, shouldn`t I be able to use them too?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 19, 2018, 09:58:09 pm »
Part of the design philosophy of Piratez is that you dont have a true civilization level industrial/tech base backing you against the invaders. To that end you have 3 general categories of weapons: stuff that you eventually get to buy with the proper contacts, self built, and stuff you can only scavenge for.

Lasers, gauss, and plasma are almost completely in the scavenge category as earth largely lacks the means to build them. Those organizations that can build such weapons are keeping them generally to themselves. You do eventually get to build your own versions of all of these weapons and/or by some earther variants but not in the early game when you might first encounter them.

Edited for clarity and typos, yay tiny phone screen posting.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 11:29:18 pm by legionof1 »

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 19, 2018, 10:59:55 pm »
What is the point of the expedition? Just a big scanner-mission?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 19, 2018, 11:16:41 pm »
Early way to bring lots of gals somewhere.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 19, 2018, 11:32:44 pm »
Also due to the slow rate of travel expeditions can be used to keep some missions from expiring. some like pogroms will still expire with a craft en-route, but freezing a critical mission can some times be a handy trick.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 19, 2018, 11:47:10 pm »
I`m starting to lose the game due to 2 months bad rating. Can anyone see into my savegame and tell me, where those negative points came from?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 20, 2018, 02:29:14 am »
I`m starting to lose the game due to 2 months bad rating. Can anyone see into my savegame and tell me, where those negative points came from?

Fair warning i dont know much about parseing the save file, so grain of salt.

What seems to be going on is multiple alien bases, each of which generate a hefty amount of negative score by simply existing and generate extra UFOs while they exist(supply ships). Both are in Europe from what i can tell and very recent. So likely last month you got slammed for the UFOs setting up the base and the bases themselves, and this month the bases and supply ships.

Pretty unfortunate/outlier RNG, you can try finding and taking out the bases, but you might just be toast anyway. Not even sure i could do that without save scumming a bunch.

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 20, 2018, 03:22:52 am »
Yeah it looks like you got smacked around by the RNG a bit there with 2 enemy bases.  If you launch right away and can manage to wipe out that visible base (traders guild) you'll probably survive the end of the month report. But honestly, a new version is out, it might be a good time to start a new game.