Author Topic: Newbe questions  (Read 308474 times)

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Newbe questions
« Reply #135 on: July 18, 2018, 04:01:07 pm »
gov ships have red and blu lights usualy and smugglers have brown ships,civilians are green ships.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 18, 2018, 04:55:53 pm »
Am I restricted in arming the aircraft?

The Airspeeder takes rockets, but not the 25mm cannon.

Offline FG

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 18, 2018, 05:09:27 pm »
Am I restricted in arming the aircraft?

The Airspeeder takes rockets, but not the 25mm cannon.

Every ship had its own loadout. Check Airspeeder description.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 05:11:35 pm by FG »

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 18, 2018, 06:03:26 pm »
Thank you BBHood!

I got a negative rating from rading a UFO.
Do govs or civs fly UFOs too?

Sometimes I get points from those missions, sometimes negative points.

Is it advisable to raid gov and civ ships? (despite of the negative points)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 06:17:27 pm by LouisdeFuines »

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 18, 2018, 06:23:42 pm »
well can you give us a screenshot of that"UFO"?It may not have been one at all or it might have contained civilians inside.
govs ships if you click on the ship panel during interception are basicaly ufo like ships with red and blue lights.gov ships might have something good in their briefcases like the siberian case but that was from the G versions,lots have changed since then and the siberian case is a mission now instead of just a research into laser weapons.

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 18, 2018, 06:55:31 pm »
also some enemies are resistant to daze damage like osiron bodyguards so stun batons wont work,you might want to use gun buts or cattle prods for more effect and the melee weapons are also great ways to get rid of heavily armored enemies and tanks

also you want to not go after smugglers too much as they have negative points for shooting down their crafts and the personel
Stun batons do Electric damage. They just don't do enough to effectively get past Osiron armors.
Downing Smuggler ships gives you a whooping ten points. Better to do land assaults on them since they always land, though. Catgirls and Captains give negative points while Goons and Bugbears give positive ones. You should get out ahead point-wise, though the values are so low I don't pay enough attention to them to say so for certain. ~_~
And shooting down Government ships on Military Freight, Gold Transport, and Retaliation should see you coming out ahead as well - the points for downing outweigh the ones for fighting. ;)

dont melee cyberdisks
Cutting damage keeps them from exploding, so with the right load-out it works out.

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 18, 2018, 08:21:45 pm »
I recommend checking this thread if you have doubts, it should answer everything and then some:

https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5345.0.html

Just remember to avoid playing ironman for the first playthrough, not recommended considering the game is about HUNDREDS OF HOURS long and quite hard. Besides, don't worry about your e-peen reputation for doing this, cuz all of your soldier units are female anyway.  :P

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 18, 2018, 09:14:56 pm »
So, just in short:
What craft can I down or raid and get NO negative points by raiding?

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 18, 2018, 09:24:23 pm »
So, just in short:
What craft can I down or raid and get NO negative points by raiding?
Everything but Ordinators (government bombers that often land) and Government Fighters. They have blue/red lights on them.
When raiding civilian craft, you should stun people. Stunning civilians often gives positive points while killing them pretty much always gives negative points. Remember, civilians are so poorly armed that you can just rush them and beat them with Cattle Prods or, if you don't have any, Stun Batons.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 18, 2018, 11:12:57 pm »
just be aware that some enemies in civ shippings might have enemies like drifters that might have weapons like nerf laspistols

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 18, 2018, 11:21:33 pm »
Everything but Ordinators (government bombers that often land) and Government Fighters. They have blue/red lights on them.
When raiding civilian craft, you should stun people. Stunning civilians often gives positive points while killing them pretty much always gives negative points. Remember, civilians are so poorly armed that you can just rush them and beat them with Cattle Prods or, if you don't have any, Stun Batons.

The blue/red lights? Do you mean the smal pic, when you intercept a UFO and take a look of the ship?

Offline LadonLegend

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 18, 2018, 11:57:38 pm »
The blue/red lights? Do you mean the smal pic, when you intercept a UFO and take a look of the ship?

Yes, that shows that that ship belongs to the government.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 19, 2018, 12:14:05 am »
One other thing:
Is there a way to see the soldier stats beside from assigning her to the the ship and THEN looking? When clicking on "hands" I can`t see the energy of the soldiers.

Bounty-question:
Sometimes I read at the end of the mission, that a treasure has been gained. But that doesn`t seem to be the treasure from the production facility. It still shows me, that the treasure is missing.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 12:48:14 am by LouisdeFuines »

Offline GENVOKE

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 19, 2018, 12:22:44 am »
In the Hands menu you can check stats by left clicking a Gal.
In the ship menu you can check stats by right clicking a Gal. Dunno why its different.

And stamina = energy.