aliens

Author Topic: Newbe questions  (Read 302273 times)

Offline Negative

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Newbe questions
« Reply #945 on: December 27, 2018, 05:41:34 pm »
Do pilots get experience from air fights?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #946 on: December 27, 2018, 06:02:21 pm »
Do pilots get experience from air fights?

Yes, but AFAIK only if they win.

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: December 27, 2018, 06:41:34 pm »
A follow up question to that - for multi-craft interceptions who gets experience? The pilots who made the killing shot (crash/destroy) or all participating craft?

Also - you do not get any experience for forced landing (via tractor beam).
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 06:43:17 pm by Ashghan »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: December 27, 2018, 07:23:13 pm »
A follow up question to that - for multi-craft interceptions who gets experience? The pilots who made the killing shot (crash/destroy) or all participating craft?

Er... What is the difference? Are you talking pilots vs. passengers? In this case only the pilots, of course.

Also - you do not get any experience for forced landing (via tractor beam).

Interesting.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 07:26:16 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: December 28, 2018, 12:22:35 am »
I mean - Fighters 1, 2 and 3 engage a UFO. Fighter 3 makes the kill. Does 3's pilot(s) get the experience while others don't? Or do all of them get it, for participating. It's not a big deal, rather an aspect of min-maxing the gains.

I can already hear Dioxine "Why the f*ck would it matter at all? Play this like a goddamn game not a calculator." :D

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: December 28, 2018, 01:29:43 am »
Ah, right!
Then... I don't know, sorry. :P

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: December 28, 2018, 02:31:21 am »
Since you don't know and I want to, I moved my lazy ass and did the testing. And the answer is - depends. :D All craft that attack the UFO (I assume it needs a hit) and still stay in the fight (even at standoff) get experience if the fight is won. They get no experience if retreated from a fight before it is over (interception window for that craft closes).

Also - RIP for the poor Rebel Trader that suffered due to my testing. :D

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: December 28, 2018, 06:34:47 am »
They get no experience if retreated from a fight before it is over (interception window for that craft closes).
I normally don't want the ground assault window to pop up for the intercepting crafts, thus when the interception windows says the craft is down, I immediately press disengage to all crafts.
Based on your research, then by doing so, the pilots won't get their experience increase because I "retreated" so I won't get bugged by the ground assault windows?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #953 on: December 28, 2018, 11:59:04 am »
I can already hear Dioxine "Why the f*ck would it matter at all? Play this like a goddamn game not a calculator." :D

No, I say "it is explained in the Bootypedia". The one who makes the kill, gets xp.

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: December 28, 2018, 12:20:52 pm »
Well, according to the research (which is easily repeatable) what the Bootypedia says is only part of the truth. "The one who makes the kill, gets xp. Other craft which actively participated in shooting down the UFO also get xp."

Offline Negative

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: December 28, 2018, 07:46:18 pm »
Just finished the game. Lost 3 small bases in progress, LOTS of slaves and peasants, dozens of gals - and a few crafts.
Two questions I have now:
On final mission, after Martian surface, There were two "alien brain locations"(Looking like the same from vanilla XCOM), only the second one contained the braid. Is it suppoesed to be so? Empty "control room" was kinda... unexpected :-D

When you send 8-gals martian capsule into mission, some of gals are missing. Does this mean they "did not make it" and died landing?

P.S. Sometimes slave-piloted tanks disappear from FORTUNA on missions, going to ckeck it once again and write a bugreport.

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: December 28, 2018, 08:43:39 pm »
Yes, there are two crafts that can reach mars and one of them is a "cheap and fast" alternative. Becouse of that some of the gals die during flight.

Be sure to put any piloted vehicles on top of the list. If they are not there, they might dissapear.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #957 on: December 28, 2018, 11:09:19 pm »
Well, according to the research (which is easily repeatable) what the Bootypedia says is only part of the truth. "The one who makes the kill, gets xp. Other craft which actively participated in shooting down the UFO also get xp."

Whoops, Bootypedia actually says nothing about it. (And I don't mean the online one, it is best left ignored). I guess it's one more article to write.

P.S. Sometimes slave-piloted tanks disappear from FORTUNA on missions, going to ckeck it once again and write a bugreport.

Don't bother. If you don't follow the loading order religiously (TANKS ON TOP), they WILL disappear.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 11:11:31 pm by Dioxine »

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: December 29, 2018, 01:02:24 am »
On final mission, after Martian surface, There were two "alien brain locations"(Looking like the same from vanilla XCOM), only the second one contained the braid. Is it suppoesed to be so? Empty "control room" was kinda... unexpected :-D

There can only be one brain, so any extra brain locations will be fakes.  I dunno how often extra brain locations happen (in all the few times I did Cydonia, there was only one brain location), but be wary when there's more than one and hope you don't head for the empty ones.

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: December 29, 2018, 01:51:40 am »
I think some new 'building blocks' for alien bases (and Cydonia) were added and one of them is an empty version of the brain room. The map generator can pick that one, but it's quite rare. It's the same variation as with mansions - you can get 3 or 4 treasure chest rooms, but you might end up with none.