Author Topic: Newbe questions  (Read 308512 times)

Offline AgentFransis

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Newbe questions
« Reply #750 on: September 14, 2018, 09:24:21 pm »
Keep in mind that factions can stop appearing at some point. Don't know what the mechanic is (pushed out by a new faction spawning?). That's what happened to the church in my game - one day they stopped appearing and I haven't seen them in years. In that case you can still get a medic from the mission as said above or at worst you can later hire the mercs to kidnap one for you.

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: September 14, 2018, 09:50:26 pm »
Keep in mind that factions can stop appearing at some point. Don't know what the mechanic is (pushed out by a new faction spawning?). That's what happened to the church in my game - one day they stopped appearing and I haven't seen them in years. In that case you can still get a medic from the mission as said above or at worst you can later hire the mercs to kidnap one for you.

RNG, it happens.
Some missions are tied to the current month, others are to research. While some missions become more or less likely, none of the major factions ever stops appearing.

Offline AgentFransis

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: September 14, 2018, 10:17:33 pm »
Dunno what to tell you. I have most of the globe covered with HWDs and didn't see a single church mission in about two years. And I think they stopped appearing the Eridians or star gods showed up.

Offline Shrugger

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: September 14, 2018, 11:17:24 pm »
I just noticed there's a huge pile of stuff in the mansion - my stuff from the dropship. I thought the gals only bring what's in their inventories? Will this stuff be lost if I evacuate?

Also, what's the practical purpose of the Wench outfit?

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: September 14, 2018, 11:25:34 pm »
They should be bringing everything they can, so no big weapons, but all of those 99 holdouts that you put in there for fun.
I think.

Offline Shrugger

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: September 14, 2018, 11:46:10 pm »
I brought a bunch of self-charging laser weapons.

I sure wish they were tiny revolvers - damn those self-chargers and their tickling damage.

Offline AgentFransis

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: September 14, 2018, 11:51:15 pm »
It's everything left in the ship's inventory after the pre-battle equip, so still only the infiltration stuff. Anything not on the exit tiles/ship when aborting a mission is lost. If you plan on running you should remove all the extraneous infiltration gear from the ship.

Try scavenging weapons from the enemy.

Offline Shrugger

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: September 15, 2018, 12:45:54 am »
Yeah, that's what I've been doing. I plan on killing everyone and so far I got lucky and nobody's shots managed to pierce my aprons.

I brought a high-strength squad of 8 (my biggest ship only holds eight  ::) ), but given how much shooting I do and how rarely I run out to hit people with pipes (unless they're right outside a door), I'm thinking a high-accuracy squad would've served me better.

Offline Vansi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: September 16, 2018, 03:27:08 am »
Are you doing Mansion Invasion with 8 gals and self charging laser pistols? Very brave. This mission can turn into hell at any given moment, as many missions when your gals are outnumbered and essentialy naked. And killing everybody is not a point of this mission, I guess.

Question about Reticulans. Do I need research specific technology to trigger their arrival? Or maybe after certain time or technological threshold there x chance of arrival every month? In my previous game they arrived around 20-22th month of campaign. In my current game there is 27th month and no sign of them and lack of their stuff already is blocking my research progress in some areas.     

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #759 on: September 16, 2018, 03:35:49 am »
Reticulans are not hardcoded to any time in the game.  Its all RNG dependent.  You may get them early or very late. Or possibly throughout.  Its just a matter of how the missions get generated.

Offline Vansi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: September 16, 2018, 03:47:34 am »
I did read somewhere on the forum, that in the beggining of the month every mission is generated for following month. Is that true? And if I reload to last day of previous month and beggining of month will occur again, can I expect significant changes to generated misions?   

KZad Bhat

« Reply #761 on: September 16, 2018, 05:28:59 am »
Yes, the beginning of the month generates all missions for that month, based on the seed number. If you have save scumming turned on and reload to even 5 seconds before midnight leading into the 1st, a new crop of missions will be randomly generated. If save scumming is off, they'll always be the same for that game.

Offline Shrugger

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: September 16, 2018, 10:48:37 am »
Are you doing Mansion Invasion with 8 gals and self charging laser pistols? Very brave. This mission can turn into hell at any given moment, as many missions when your gals are outnumbered and essentialy naked. And killing everybody is not a point of this mission, I guess.

I was told killing everyone wasn't hard. I begin to suspect that there was some unspoken caveat of "as long as you bring forty gals".

I've been moving my 8 around in teams of 2, and they're starting to get worn down - should've gone with teams of four, but then I couldn't possibly cover as much ground, and it'll all take forever...I think mansion missions aren't for me. Way too much suspense for my poor old heart.

Can someone explain what the "armor" value in the ANAL screen means, when viewing weapons?

Offline AgentFransis

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: September 16, 2018, 11:26:58 am »
Hey, we said it was doable not that it's easy  ;)
8 is a challenging number. I did it with 9 gals before with at best magnums and throwing stars and such, but I lost a couple of gals. Later on they get easier when you can come with more gals and better weapons. Consider bringing a nurse.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #764 on: September 16, 2018, 11:31:19 am »
Armor under ANAL refers to item durability, meaning resistance to being destroyed by explosions when on the ground.