Author Topic: Newbe questions  (Read 302351 times)

Offline Vansi

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Newbe questions
« Reply #555 on: August 20, 2018, 04:12:55 am »
In my current game Surgery Units are extremly rare. During 22 months of campaign I looted only 12 pieces and it is not enough to build Surgery Rooms in all my bases. I can loot it from mission Academy Outpost/Scientific Experiments (I am not sure which one), but this mission no longer spawns. Also for sure I can loot it in Ghoul Town and from Frigate, but both are very rare. Can someone tell me what other missions or ships gives you Surgery Units?       

Animal posion. Where do I get this from? Need this to get tac armor.
Forget about scorpions or spiders. You need to catch alive Ratman Brigands, and research them until one gives you Animal Poison. In worst case you need 7 of them I guess, so before mission "Ratman Rodeo" be sure to make room in prison.

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 20, 2018, 05:26:03 am »
Guys.
Is there a mod or solution to starting without all these ghost and repentia lasses?
How to start with six gals?
I almost always get ghosts and some repentia chicks(the one that can not wear pirate outfits) and it kind of feel wrong.

The newest version will fix that problem, that was a one time thing for the J4 version.

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: August 20, 2018, 08:48:41 am »
How many enemies is in the "Eliminatesing mission ?

bcos, it kinda look like they re-spawned, or incrementing.. :S ;S
That's dependent on your difficulty and some randomness. A medium-high amount. And there's no respawning in X-Com.

Can someone tell me what other missions or ships gives you Surgery Units?
Academy Campus and Science Vessel if I recall correctly.

Offline Sarissofoi

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 20, 2018, 04:22:17 pm »
The newest version will fix that problem, that was a one time thing for the J4 version.

Ah.  yeah. Noticed that. Thanks for answer anyway.

Offline Kyr

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 20, 2018, 11:22:39 pm »
Where do I get the Plasma Scorcher? I can't get the x-plasma research without it.
And is it really necessary to block off some research branches with rare items? It is kinda annoying when you don't know how to get them.

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: August 20, 2018, 11:50:43 pm »
Where do I get the Plasma Scorcher? I can't get the x-plasma research without it.
And is it really necessary to block off some research branches with rare items? It is kinda annoying when you don't know how to get them.

You can find them in base assaults and some of the scarier UFO's.  I'm not sure how much of a role faction plays into that but it seems like Mercs have those more often, but that could just be my imagination playing tricks on me.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #561 on: August 21, 2018, 02:00:59 am »
And is it really necessary to block off some research branches with rare items?

Yes.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 21, 2018, 03:06:34 am »
The most common places to find plasma scorchers and other advanced plasma weaponry are the random crackdowns that happen without your input.  Even if the factions are ones where it might be nonsensical for them to have plasma guns (like spartans, humanists, and even dark ones; it's probably late in the campaign, so I just assume they figured out how to unlock them the same way you would), the biggest crackdown ships will have its crew armed to the teeth with plasma; you might find the scorcher there, if they don't blow you up with it anyway.

Offline sanyaskillpro

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: August 22, 2018, 10:47:17 am »
tip #19 mentions that standing on corpses brings bad luck. Is is just fluff text or do you get some hidden penalties?

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 22, 2018, 02:09:05 pm »
tip #19 mentions that standing on corpses brings bad luck. Is is just fluff text or do you get some hidden penalties?

Civilians and other enemies can carry items that emit light. During night this can expose your position to enemy reaction fire.
If the enemy is just k.o. and you don't pay attention why standing above them something like a bloodhound can do mince-meat out of you.

It's best to observe and avoid standing on them.

Offline ivansanchez

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: August 22, 2018, 02:21:45 pm »

There is no mechanical penalty AFAIK. However, if there is one spot in the map where corpses are piling up, that means that enemies might be able to have better line-of-sight/line-of-fire to that spot, or are otherwise bottlenecking/flanking that spot.

Take cover, watch your flanks, don't rush. When the area is clear, then you may look at the corpses.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #566 on: August 22, 2018, 04:38:29 pm »
One more angle looking at this: Most enemies will be killed in the open, with multiple potential bullet trajectories leading to that point. Ending your move there means they can do to you what you just did to them.
There is no "just fluff text" in the Pedia (except for lore). There is too little space, too little time to waste it like this.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: August 23, 2018, 10:35:33 pm »
One question about the study room.
Pedia tells it increases the research time AND houses 2 brainers.

How is the increased research time realized? By the building itself or the hired 2 brainers. Or both?

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: August 24, 2018, 06:42:58 am »
How is the increased research time realized? By the building itself or the hired 2 brainers. Or both?
By the two Brainers.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #569 on: August 24, 2018, 06:59:19 pm »
One question about the study room.
Pedia tells it increases the research time

It does not:
Code: [Select]