aliens

Author Topic: Newbe questions  (Read 308442 times)

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Newbe questions
« Reply #345 on: July 30, 2018, 08:57:08 pm »
Got hold of a freighter of th guild.

Ship has shields I can`t penetrate.

Since big ships almost never land, I can`t see a way out of the research hole.

And one question about production:
When I want to produce in a second base: Must I bild ALL the prerequist buildings (mess hall, industrial printer etc.) a second time too? Or is the workshop enough?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 09:01:02 pm by LouisdeFuines »

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 30, 2018, 09:33:17 pm »
The heavy freighter has a decently big shield and beyond that 10 armor!
Once the shield is gone, you've to bring weapons that do at least 20dmg per shot minimum. (craft-weaponry roll 50-150% during dogfights)

Build Fighters (Brave Whaler) and arm them to the teeth while using your kraken (even the crab can do and should keep up with the freighter for longer) to tank the freighter for the initial first few shots. You can assign up to 4 crafts into a single dogfight.

Once the freighter is shot down, bring enough trooper to fight the big enemy crew and their cannon-tank(s).
Get the freighter plans and you should be able to get more research for transport-crafts soon.

Don't rely only on ES Laserrifles. You can't shot what you can't see (or so with 50% aim penalty).

Offline Ves

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 30, 2018, 09:36:14 pm »
Its even manageable with what you send. Send the kraken in first with ramming speed to absorb all the damage.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 30, 2018, 10:53:57 pm »
And one question about production:
When I want to produce in a second base: Must I bild ALL the prerequist buildings (mess hall, industrial printer etc.) a second time too? Or is the workshop enough?

Could someone please give me a hint about this issue?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 30, 2018, 10:56:34 pm »
Depends on what you want to build, but yes, these facilities are only useful at the base in which they are located.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 30, 2018, 11:12:38 pm »
Facilities abilities are not shared across bases, only copies in a base count.

You will have to build a new copy of the required facility for whatever you want to produce. Still for alcohol products, extractor for cave hunt and hellirum distilling, workshop for some general production, industrial printer for some mid-early latgame stuff, ect

There are some buildings like the library and mess hall that you need for tech unlocks that only need to be in whatever base is doing the research.

Generally speaking you will specialize each base to some task, the first base usually ends up being the main research base. Then a workshop base with all the production buildings, lots of living spaces for runts, some storage/slaves and a single hanger. Then a training base filled with dojo/spas and voodoo schools. A farm base to house your plantations.

The rest of the base slots you use to house your aircraft fleet, and for radar coverage.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 31, 2018, 06:10:11 am »
A possible other way you're meaning that question:

You have to build the prerequisites before you can build the later buildings, in each base, aka a library requires a still, I believe.

Offline armadilloTank

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 31, 2018, 08:54:48 am »
So when I get power armor/ after first base assault/ after air combat lockdown for a month and they can't build bases: the missions stop/slow down. I don't get advanced missions like space freighter raids and academy campus raids. I have a deliverator so craft reqs shouldn't be a problem.

Is attaining air superiority breaking the game? If i go to long without a UFO crash raid does it break scripting?

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 31, 2018, 09:38:10 am »
Various additional missions are triggered once you research topics with *MISSION-EXAMPLE* in it.
The new mission starts to spawn next month and will be seeded into the overall mission RNG afterwards.

It's all about RNG and every campaign plays different. With the huge numbers of factions and missions in the pool you can run dry on various missions.
If you rule the airgame it's only beneficial to your empire. More crackdowns = more captives and loot = research + do$h.

All enemy missions done only serve negative score and the completition serves no progress towards a specific goal.
Only result so far is the seize of protection-money payment of a region. Kinda like vanilla but protection-money is such a minimal factor it can't even pay your maintance on it's own.

There's not a single reason to panic for regions to stop paying money. Your own business and workshop does it all alone.

If you don't do the crashsite-missions it's also no big deal and the enemy mission is still failed. But if you don't wanna bother to not bother just gun down aircraft above water.

Offline armadilloTank

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 31, 2018, 02:04:40 pm »
So how many enemy personnel like espers, academy scientists, etc don't appear in missions yet? I ask as I see they added vampires in J4 (again never seen them). I'm going to start a new run today as my current play through feels like it is in a failure state (as described before as non-progress nothing changes month to month etc) and I just saw J4 is out.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 31, 2018, 05:34:04 pm »
Very little if anything is unimplemented, but once you start unlocking the additional types of missions, there are many times more picks for what spawns vs how many can spawn in a given month. Add in that the randomization is somewhat crude and prone to streaking and long periods without a given faction it is pretty normal to spend years in game without seeing a given faction.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 31, 2018, 05:42:54 pm »
Actualy one thing im not sure myself is if apart from weapons getting more powerfull with time if more enemies start to appear too,or if its random and mercs could be flying from the first month.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 31, 2018, 06:23:08 pm »
The way most craft missions work they are set to start appearing after a given date or a tech unlock, after that they are X% chance to appear. However there is a limit to the number of missions per month so even if something has say 45% chance to appear unless it hits that before the month's allotment is full it wont appear.

So even if something has a high chance to spawn, its a high chance in a fixed low number of rolls per month.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 31, 2018, 08:07:02 pm »
I will try out your hints. I`m just building my second Brave Whaler. When I have 3, I will send them and my Kraken to attack big ships.
Hope, this will be enough. The Brave Whaler can (only) be equipped with rockets. So the seagull rockets must do it...

One question about the mansion missions. Do I need those for research? I hate this long walks through buildings...
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 08:26:57 pm by LouisdeFuines »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 31, 2018, 08:47:07 pm »
Nothing in the mansions is 100% necessary, there are other sources for all the loot it provides. That said they are very lucrative if you can get the full clear, and are the most convenient form of gems since there sometimes as many as 4 treasure chests and always at least 1.