Author Topic: Newbe questions  (Read 307654 times)

Offline Ves

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Newbe questions
« Reply #315 on: July 28, 2018, 07:19:35 pm »
I have a question concerning roving bands. I noticed that sometimes they have a different picture now of what looks to me like  creatures with wings. I got early invasions of dark ones in a backwater farming base where these were around. Is this coincidence or are they scouts for them?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 28, 2018, 08:19:26 pm »
But do workers generate income too?

And what about personal shields for my troops. Is this an armour or a gadget to be carried along with?
Workers do not generate income.

You eventually can research/build shield gadgets, as well as some outfits that have them.

I have a question concerning roving bands. I noticed that sometimes they have a different picture now of what looks to me like  creatures with wings. I got early invasions of dark ones in a backwater farming base where these were around. Is this coincidence or are they scouts for them?
There are the ratman roving bands and the little bat deamon roving bands. The ratmen just blow up when shot, where as the deamons do sometimes "crash" to spawn a ground encounter.

Don't know if they are the same faction as normal dark ones thou.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 28, 2018, 11:28:06 pm »
I just raided the last visible enemy base.

Is it gueranteed, the enemy will build a new one?

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 28, 2018, 11:34:48 pm »
Es ist Zufall.
Kann auch gut sein, dass woanders auf dem globus eine weitere Basis sich verschanzt.
Es können auch mehrere Basen gleichzeitig existieren, hatte schon 5 gegnerbasen gleichzeitig. 4x Academy und 1x Mercenaries.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 29, 2018, 12:11:50 am »
Got again a little bit stuck on research.

Is there a vital VIP in my purchase list, that is worth being bought?

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 29, 2018, 01:03:02 am »

Those flying creatures aren't roving bands of ratmen, those are a bogeyman swarm.  They're a bit faster, they're harder to hit, and they're associated with the Dark Ones as you've experienced from them spotting your base.  If you can crash them (yes, crash them; they actually have enough HP to take several light weapon hits), you can fight them on the ground; and unlike roving bands that use a small scout UFO meaning you're not meant to fight them, you are meant to fight these because their "craft" is a small patch of ground with a shadow lamp in the middle.  The shadow lamp opens up the way to the mystery patron, which is currently quite incomplete but of course it'll get more content in the future.  And if nothing else, the patron can help you get the B-rank bounty missions.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 29, 2018, 01:29:58 am »
How does Voodoo work in this game?

Is it like in vanilla, that you need only the voodoo rod for all spells?
I saw, that you can invent and build many different rods.

Where do I get the Hypno Panels for the Voodoo School from?

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 29, 2018, 01:52:46 am »
How does Voodoo work in this game?

Is it like in vanilla, that you need only the voodoo rod for all spells?
I saw, that you can invent and build many different rods.

Where do I get the Hypno Panels for the Voodoo School from?

VooDoo is fairly complicated compared to vanilla xcom.  Each Codex has an affinity for 1 school and blocks 1 school, and has limited access to the other 2 schools.  The schools are destruction, communion, excess and illusion.  Each school has different equipment and armor that it can utilize.  Some equipment is generic (mainly stuff you can buy when you unlock the magic goods dealer) and is usable by anyone trained in voodoo.  Hypno panels are found in some of the bigger UFO's and in enemy bases, and I'm pretty sure a couple of the robbery options can cough up a hypno panel as well, but bases give the most by a long shot.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 29, 2018, 03:05:39 am »
But how do I USE Voodoo?
Do I need any equipment? Maybe the rod, like in vanilla?

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 29, 2018, 06:12:17 am »
Certain items utilize voodoo either as a damage bonus or as a requirement.  Take the wand of peace for example, it'll do far more stun damage when used by someone with high voodoo.  Think of it as just another stat like strength and accuracy.

Note that a few items do require any voodoo skill (i.e., above 0) to be used at all, and that's what you need the Voodoo School's training capabilities for.

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 29, 2018, 11:27:58 am »
But how do I USE Voodoo?
Do I need any equipment? Maybe the rod, like in vanilla?

It varies depending on the codex you pick.  Some use armor with built in VooDoo abilities, some require an item to use, some are items that have a passive effect.  As you research stuff the details will show up with a bootypedia entry to explain how to use it.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 29, 2018, 12:31:52 pm »
Does "pimp" somebody work like enslaving one?

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 29, 2018, 12:50:43 pm »
Pimping transforms eligible females into courtesans, which provide a monthly salary (or negative maintenance) at the cost of taking up prison space.  They can be later upgraded into exotic dancers that make even more monthly money.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 29, 2018, 01:20:26 pm »
I got again a question about the mint.
I checked the production facility several times. There doesn`t seem to be any possibility to produce anything with it.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 29, 2018, 01:31:54 pm »
Mit der "Mint" kannst du geld-chips fälschen.
z. Bsp. 200$ in 100$ chips. Jeder Vorgang bringt Profit, die größeren Chips sind aber lukrativer, da der Vorgang für alle Chips gleich schnell ist in Sachen Arbeitsstunden-Aufwand.

This is not a German channel, keep to the rules or face the consequences, Ethereal Medic.
- Dioxine
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 01:37:07 pm by Dioxine »