aliens

Author Topic: Fatal Wounds  (Read 3727 times)

Offline COAXMETAL

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Fatal Wounds
« on: May 09, 2018, 06:29:52 pm »
Hey.

I've been having trouble telling when someone has a fatal wound. Do any mods exist to remedy this problem? I am thinking something that possible either changed how the character looked, added a symbol above them, or shows it from the soldier stats without having to go into the actual window.

I try to keep tabs but I seem to always miss it somehow.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
Re: Fatal Wounds
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 06:33:23 pm »
OXCE+ has an indicator that shows up on the right side of the screen like the numbered icons for spotted aliens, but they're blue to represent wounded soldiers.  Also, the health bar flashes a bit when the selected unit has fatal wounds.

Offline COAXMETAL

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 06:54:14 pm »
OXCE+ has an indicator that shows up on the right side of the screen like the numbered icons for spotted aliens, but they're blue to represent wounded soldiers.  Also, the health bar flashes a bit when the selected unit has fatal wounds.

I think I might have noticed the blinking. I just didn't realize that indicated wounded and not just health damage. I am confused about openXcom Extended+. I am just using openXcom right now because I'm running the final mod pack. I did download the extended version and the exended + version. From what I could tell, the OXCE+ replaces OXCE altogether? Also, that OXCE+ is basically used only to run piratez and xcom files, possibly a few other mods that I haven't noticed.

Can you use the final mod pack with OXCE+?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 06:56:46 pm »
Yes, you can use OXCE+ with any mod, or even without mods.

Just make sure to download the newest version and follow the installation recommendation: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5258.0.html

Offline COAXMETAL

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 08:37:12 pm »
So does OXCE+ replace all older versions of OpenXcom?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 08:48:45 pm »
So does OXCE+ replace all older versions of OpenXcom?

"Replace" is an ugly word, but... yes, it does everything vanilla OpenXCom does and more. ;)

(Most of the "more" requires enabling with mods, though.)