Author Topic: [TC][OXCE][I.D.T.] Terminator: Tech-Comm - Alpha  (Read 139703 times)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
Something new to consider...

This is Tech-Comm using the new globe that SophiaThe3rd has just published on this thread. It was already in my plans to reduce the number of textures to give the globe a more uniform look, and also fix the radar circles disappearing over certain textures.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 08:40:53 pm by Hobbes »

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
Something new to consider...

This is Tech-Comm using the new globe that SophiaThe3rd has just published on this thread. It was already in my plans to reduce the number of textures to give the globe a more uniform look, and also fix the radar circles disappearing over certain textures.
I like it, seems more realistic. I'll wait to see this finished, so I can continue making the sector reports.

Enviado desde mi Blade A510 mediante Tapatalk

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
Hello everyone! A mini update. I was able to correct the position of the texts of the images of the Intelpedia, some texts of the reports (minor changes like some names, nothing of importance) and the missing backgrounds. Meridian and Warboy1982 helped me with that, I was really lost. XD

Enjoy! I will continue working on correcting the images of the Intelpedia.  ;) ;D

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Hello everyone! A mini update. I was able to correct the position of the texts of the images of the Intelpedia, some texts of the reports (minor changes like some names, nothing of importance) and the missing backgrounds. Meridian and Warboy1982 helped me with that, I was really lost. XD

Enjoy! I will continue working on correcting the images of the Intelpedia.  ;) ;D

Thank you!

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
Thank you!

I have the crazy idea of making the model of the Canadair Dynavert to use it in the Battlescape (I have not read much about it, but I think they are MCEs or something like that  ???), bulletdesigner is very good at making them, like the V-22. I also thought to make some other helicopters (like a UH-1 Huey, a Mi-24 Hind or a CH-53 Super Stallion), but I would like to collaborate with this model for the mod. :)

Honestly I have no idea how to start or what I need, I hope you have some information out there that I can study.  ;D

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
I have the crazy idea of making the model of the Canadair Dynavert to use it in the Battlescape (I have not read much about it, but I think they are MCEs or something like that  ???), bulletdesigner is very good at making them, like the V-22. I also thought to make some other helicopters (like a UH-1 Huey, a Mi-24 Hind or a CH-53 Super Stallion), but I would like to collaborate with this model for the mod. :)

Honestly I have no idea how to start or what I need, I hope you have some information out there that I can study.  ;D

The Dynavert Battlescape model will be needed, so it's a great idea to have it. I could also use Hueys and other helicopters when designing terrain, but their range and speed make them rather impractical for actual combat operations.

I have no idea how to draw it though. bulletdesigner is probably the best person for you to ask, I remember that in his thread he had pics of the process of designing cars and stuff

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
The Dynavert Battlescape model will be needed, so it's a great idea to have it. I could also use Hueys and other helicopters when designing terrain, but their range and speed make them rather impractical for actual combat operations.

Great! I hope it works! And if everything works, even we can do the parachute landing zones of the Twin Otter/Sherpa/Bronco etc, if you are still interested.

I know that Hueys and most helicopters aren't an option, because the short range/slow speed. But they will look awesome on some Resistance Base terrain! Even some tanks, APCs or technicals (like the Ranger with the minigun in the future war scene of T2).  I think will be easier to make a Huey, I'm thinking in the Helicopter of The X-Com Files, it just has two levels and deployment tilesets to the sides.

I have no idea how to draw it though. bulletdesigner is probably the best person for you to ask, I remember that in his thread he had pics of the process of designing cars and stuff

Yes, I have identified his post. I'll ask him for help. ;D

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
Hello there!
Tiny update, just to correct the backgrounds. Many thanks to Meridian and Warboy1982 for their help... again.
Have a nice weekend!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 12:35:39 am by efrenespartano »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Hello there!
Tiny update, just to correct the backgrounds. Many thanks to Meridian and Warboy1982 for their help... again.
Have a nice weekend!

Thanks!

I'm stuck with debugging Area 51 since Meridian is doing his LP, but the terrain bug fixing will benefit Tech-Comm in the future

Once you finished with your additions to 0.30 just send me a zip file with all the chances from 0.30 and I'll publish it as 0.31. I already tried integrating them but it got conflicting since I had already made some changes to 0.30

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile

Once you finished with your additions to 0.30 just send me a zip file with all the chances from 0.30 and I'll publish it as 0.31.

Ok! I'll send all of the remaining additions together, then. :)

I already tried integrating them but it got conflicting since I had already made some changes to 0.30

Humm... That's a little problem. What do you have in mind? Any new stuff? ??? I already stopped doing the sector reports, to wait to the realistic Geoscape you are implementing, I'm going to continue once you launch 0.31 ;)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Humm... That's a little problem. What do you have in mind? Any new stuff? ??? I already stopped doing the sector reports, to wait to the realistic Geoscape you are implementing, I'm going to continue once you launch 0.31 ;)

The problem was at my end: I was working also in some of the ruleset files you sent and I ended up losing some of my work because I wasn't paying enough attention. The good news is that it was just minor testing features, and it opened my eyes to this potential problem in the future.

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
The problem was at my end: I was working also in some of the ruleset files you sent and I ended up losing some of my work because I wasn't paying enough attention. The good news is that it was just minor testing features, and it opened my eyes to this potential problem in the future.
Luckily they were minor changes!

Humm ... I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to ask your plans for the next versions of Tech-Comm, so my help doesn't interfere with your work. And most importantly, don't make you work twice.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Humm ... I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to ask your plans for the next versions of Tech-Comm, so my help doesn't interfere with your work. And most importantly, don't make you work twice.

You got the UFOPedia articles and I won't implement any new Geoscape until SophiaThe3rd finishes designing the entire world. We could also do the Sector Reports using the current world, and if the new Geoscape gets implemented, then we decide if which sector images will look better.

Otherwise, there's a ton of things that need to be done, like terrain design, so I'll just pick one that allows us to be working at the same time ;)

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
You got the UFOPedia articles and I won't implement any new Geoscape until SophiaThe3rd finishes designing the entire world. We could also do the Sector Reports using the current world, and if the new Geoscape gets implemented, then we decide if which sector images will look better.

Sure, I'll take care of that. ;)

Otherwise, there's a ton of things that need to be done, like terrain design, so I'll just pick one that allows us to be working at the same time ;)

It seems perfect. Don't hesitate to ask me to help you in something. In some way or another I will do it. ;D

I'm still with the Dynavert model project, but to be honest, it's still far away. It will take me some time to familiarize myself with the tools.

Offline DoxaLogos (JG)

• Colonel
  • Squaddie cautiously peering through the breach
    • View Profile

This is where version control comes in handy, so long as you commit changes frequently :)