Author Topic: [TC][OXCE][I.D.T.] Terminator: Tech-Comm - Alpha  (Read 141809 times)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile

But, all in different pages, right?

Actually, I like the second idea, it makes sense. Thus, we will not overload text on a single page and the specific reports can be even more detailed. It is important that they are clear to the player.

Yes, all in different pages

I'm gonna need to finish the missionZones first before the specialized reports can be done. More patchwork!

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
Good morning to all!

I spent the night assigning images to the Intelpedia. I still do not convert them to the palettes of the game, first I wanted to organize all the images for all the reports so far. I'm tired, but happy.  :) I found an interesting page about the patch that Tech-Comm uses in Terminator Salvation.

The page is in Spanish and is not official. But the logo caught my attention. Do you think we can give it some use, Hobbes?

"A double red helix that symbolizes the human DNA, and a golden sword that symbolizes that Tech-Com is the armed arm of humanity, it's only defense against Skynet."

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Have you noticed this symbol on the Tech-Comm bases during tactical missions?

I took it from the Terminator Wikia - they don't give it a source but I figured it was better than nothing :D

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile

Have you noticed this symbol on the Tech-Comm bases during tactical missions?

I took it from the Terminator Wikia - they don't give it a source but I figured it was better than nothing :D

Hey! I've seen them! Haha I thought they were just my imagination.

I'm thinking about to use the Tech-Comm logo in some images, mostly Sector Reports, even the craft weapons pages. What do you think?

Enviado desde mi Blade A510 mediante Tapatalk

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Good morning to all!

I spent the night assigning images to the Intelpedia. I still do not convert them to the palettes of the game, first I wanted to organize all the images for all the reports so far. I'm tired, but happy.  :) I found an interesting page about the patch that Tech-Comm uses in Terminator Salvation.

The page is in Spanish and is not official. But the logo caught my attention. Do you think we can give it some use, Hobbes?

"A double red helix that symbolizes the human DNA, and a golden sword that symbolizes that Tech-Com is the armed arm of humanity, it's only defense against Skynet."

I just made a search and that insignia is actually from Terminator: Salvation:

https://www.overthinkingit.com/2009/02/13/unpacking-christian-bales-armband-the-resistance-logo-from-terminator-salvation/

So yeah, let's use it and abuse it :D

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
I just made a search and that insignia is actually from Terminator: Salvation:

https://www.overthinkingit.com/2009/02/13/unpacking-christian-bales-armband-the-resistance-logo-from-terminator-salvation/

So yeah, let's use it and abuse it :D

That was a nice reading!

Great, I'm going to add the logo to all of the images I have, to check if they look good. And if they do, add them everywhere!

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Great, I'm going to add the logo to all of the images I have, to check if they look good. And if they do, add them everywhere!

It might be a good idea to have two insignias then: one for Resistance pages, another for Skynet pages

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
It might be a good idea to have two insignias then: one for Resistance pages, another for Skynet pages
Great idea! I'm working in a few examples for Intelpedia pages with the logo, both for Tech-Comm and Skynet. I'm going to upload them later in the day. :D

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
Hi. everyone!

These are the examples that I commented in the afternoon. An apology for not uploading them, I had to leave my house for a family commitment and I just came back.

Regarding the Skynet insignia, I'm very satisfied. But regarding the Tech-Comm insignia, I have some doubts.

To differentiate them, I named them "Logo 1" and "Logo 2". I, in particular, prefer Logo 1, it seems more detailed, but I don't know if you prefer Logo 2.

In the image of the Intelpedia of the HARM missile, I could not decide where to put the insignia. I particularly prefer position 2, what do you think?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 11:48:58 am by efrenespartano »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Regarding the Skynet insignia, I'm very satisfied. But regarding the Tech-Comm insignia, I have some doubts.

On the Skynet insignia try removing the lettering below 'SKYNET' - it looks too small to be easily read

To differentiate them, I named them "Logo 1" and "Logo 2". I, in particular, prefer Logo 1, it seems more detailed, but I don't know if you prefer Logo 2.

The issue with the extra detail is that the logo will be used in a variety of sizes (for it to appear on Tech-Comm bases it will have to be 30x20 pixels, so a lot of detail will be lost) and all the images should have a consistency on detail (they should look about the same).

Can you post both logos? I'll try enhancing the images a bit.

In the image of the Intelpedia of the HARM missile, I could not decide where to put the insignia. I particularly prefer position 2, what do you think?

The positions are an issue, because they require adding an additional image to the UFOPaedia article - something which I don't think it's possible to do it through the rulesets. How I was thinking of doing it would be to add the logo to one of the corners of the weapon/craft image.

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
On the Skynet insignia try removing the lettering below 'SKYNET' - it looks too small to be easily read

Esta bien! I will do it right now.

The issue with the extra detail is that the logo will be used in a variety of sizes (for it to appear on Tech-Comm bases it will have to be 30x20 pixels, so a lot of detail will be lost) and all the images should have a consistency on detail (they should look about the same).

Can you post both logos? I'll try enhancing the images a bit.

I add them.

The positions are an issue, because they require adding an additional image to the UFOPaedia article - something which I don't think it's possible to do it through the rulesets. How I was thinking of doing it would be to add the logo to one of the corners of the weapon/craft image.

In fact, I thought about doing it "manually", without using any ruleset parameter. I considered that in "position 2" it was fine, because it did not obstruct any text or other image. I'm working on what you asked me, I'll upload a couple of tests in a few minutes.

Regarding background images, I'm in trouble. I've been struggling with the palettes for a couple of hours, they're totally ruined and I do not know how to repair it. I used the palette that I have of Geoscape, some look good, but others look terrible. Could you help me?

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
I just finished a new version of the example Intelpedia images. I reduced the size of the badges and added a new version of "Logo 2", because the original had an ugly white spot.

What do you think about the position of the insignias?

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Regarding background images, I'm in trouble. I've been struggling with the palettes for a couple of hours, they're totally ruined and I do not know how to repair it. I used the palette that I have of Geoscape, some look good, but others look terrible. Could you help me?

Some of the images should use Basescape palette, others UFOPaedia palette - it all depends on where the images are displayed ingame. Try using those 2 palettes instead of the Geoscape one.

Converting existing images to the palettes through Grafx2 sometimes works, other times Grafx2 doesn't have enough colors on the xcom palettes to properly reproduce the existing colors.

I just finished a new version of the example Intelpedia images. I reduced the size of the badges and added a new version of "Logo 2", because the original had an ugly white spot.

What do you think about the position of the insignias?

It looks like you misunderstood me regarding the location of the insignia - check the attached pic.

I'm gonna enhance the colors a little on the Logo 2 for more contrast

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Just made a quick conversion of the logo to UFOPaedia palette

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
Some of the images should use Basescape palette, others UFOPaedia palette - it all depends on where the images are displayed ingame. Try using those 2 palettes instead of the Geoscape one.

Converting existing images to the palettes through Grafx2 sometimes works, other times Grafx2 doesn't have enough colors on the xcom palettes to properly reproduce the existing colors.

OK, I'm going to try with another palette!  :D

It looks like you misunderstood me regarding the location of the insignia - check the attached pic.

I'm gonna enhance the colors a little on the Logo 2 for more contrast

Hahaha yes, i'm sorry.I misinterpreted.

I like very much the new Logo 2.  ;D

Talking about the position and size of both of the insignias on the normal Intelpedia reports, what do you think? Modify them as you want.