aliens

Author Topic: [TC][OXCE][I.D.T.] Terminator: Tech-Comm - Alpha  (Read 139658 times)

Offline Human Ktulu

• Colonel
  • Cuistre !
    • View Profile
Re: [TC][OXCE+] Terminator: Tech-Comm - updated to version 0.28
« Reply #105 on: March 09, 2018, 08:25:16 pm »
@Hobbes:

No problems, you can make everything you want with this "suggestion" ;) That's idiot, but I did not know that we could put more than 4 music for GMGEO lol

The trick a bit boring is that the music is repeated identically (unless I select another manually). Random reading would be awsome !

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 09, 2018, 08:32:28 pm »
Happy that you like, there is surely way to have better. For exemple it's maybe better if you exchange gmgeo3.ogg with gmtactic7.ogg.

Hasta la vista baby 8)

I personally use Reese Dream of Future War (T1) for the briefing, GMDEFEND/GMENBASE and You Could Be Mine for GMINTER, I like how they sound. ;D

This is a pic of current WIP regarding the next feature: the fight against Skynet is about to become global.

North America, South America, Europe and Africa's borders are already done, Asia will be next.

Ah, good to know!

Enviado desde mi Blade A510 mediante Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 09:16:12 pm by efrenespartano »

Offline Human Ktulu

• Colonel
  • Cuistre !
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 11, 2018, 12:36:00 am »
Hello,

I have tested 2 missions, one in day and another in night. In "easy mode" T600 are hard to kill with conventionnal weapon (that's logical, Terminator are immune to light bullets). Minigun's and heavy AP rifles are very useful (Delta12 is very impressive), I would say even imperative.

But so, what use for hand gun ?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 12:38:45 am by Human Ktulu »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 11, 2018, 01:29:15 am »
Bug warning - do not build new 2x2 structures on version 0.28 or it will CTD. A fix for this bug will be released in the next days.

Hello,

I have tested 2 missions, one in day and another in night. In "easy mode" T600 are hard to kill with conventionnal weapon (that's logical, Terminator are immune to light bullets). Minigun's and heavy AP rifles are very useful (Delta12 is very impressive), I would say even imperative.

But so, what use for hand gun ?

I've been too busy implementing other stuff to consider or even test changes to weapons/armors, so I'd love to hear any suggestions you may have :)

There will be a major update where the strategic part will be further developed, including at least 3 terminator tiers: T-500, T-600 and T-800. The starting weapons should be enough to deal easily with the T-500, and hard to kill the T-600.

Terminator weapons should have some sort of self-destruct later on, so you can only get those weapons by raiding Skynet bases, or something similar.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 01:31:10 am by Hobbes »

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 11, 2018, 04:58:44 pm »
Hi, everybody!

While testing the new aircraft sprites I've corrected, I found a bug related to the Prowler.
This happens in combat vs HKs. First I tought was an error of my new sprite, so I changed it. Then, I've tried to select a new set of missiles (Initially the Prowler was carring AMRAAMs and GAU-2), loading it with Sidewinders an no gun, but remains the same. I checked the openxcom.log, and don't say anything.

I've attached a screenshot of one of the first errors and copy&paste of the last log.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 05:00:22 pm by efrenespartano »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 11, 2018, 08:35:10 pm »
Hi, everybody!

While testing the new aircraft sprites I've corrected, I found a bug related to the Prowler.
This happens in combat vs HKs. First I tought was an error of my new sprite, so I changed it. Then, I've tried to select a new set of missiles (Initially the Prowler was carring AMRAAMs and GAU-2), loading it with Sidewinders an no gun, but remains the same. I checked the openxcom.log, and don't say anything.

I've attached a screenshot of one of the first errors and copy&paste of the last log.

I've just fixed it, but did it cause the crash?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 08:39:50 pm by Hobbes »

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 11, 2018, 08:57:20 pm »
I've just fixed it, but did it cause the crash?

Yes it is! I have not tried all of the transports yet, but no other fighters or radar planes have this problem, at least I have not found them.

By the way, I'm about to finish the Intelpedia images for the missiles and guns.

if it is not too much trouble, could you send me the corresponding ruleset of the images of Intelpedia and the small icons of the weapons (the green ones)? I'm not very good at editing rulesets and I would like to start testing, to send you the sprites for the next update.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 11, 2018, 09:02:58 pm »
if it is not too much trouble, could you send me the corresponding ruleset of the images of Intelpedia and the small icons of the weapons (the green ones)? I'm not very good at editing rulesets and I would like to start testing, to send you the sprites for the next update.

You can see all the ruleset files in \mods\TechCom\Ruleset\ . The ones you're looking for are extraSprites.rul, ufopedia.rul and craftWeapons.rul
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 09:12:33 pm by Hobbes »

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 11, 2018, 09:14:35 pm »
You can see all the ruleset files in \mods\TechCom\Ruleset\ . The ones you're looking for are extraSprites.rul, ufopedia.rul and craftWeapons.rul

Thank you! I didn't knew where to find them.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 12, 2018, 05:08:30 am »
Thank you! I didn't knew where to find them.

No problemo ;)

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 12, 2018, 10:18:50 am »
Greetings!

This rar includes the corrected sprites of the aircrafts I've already made. If you encounter some weird color or something that need to be rescaled, please let me know.  ;D

Also I included the Intelpedia images for the aircraft weapons. The next step, is to complete the basebits/inticon for the weapons, so we can notice the different missiles/guns in Dogfight. Also I'm working on the interwin (the window in Dogfight where we can see the enemy craft) images for the current HKs. (Actually, I haven't yet searched in which ruleset the interwin are specified, but I suppose that in extraSprites.rul  ???)

Nothing more to say, please enjoy!  :D

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 12, 2018, 05:26:48 pm »
Greetings!

This rar includes the corrected sprites of the aircrafts I've already made. If you encounter some weird color or something that need to be rescaled, please let me know.  ;D

Also I included the Intelpedia images for the aircraft weapons. The next step, is to complete the basebits/inticon for the weapons, so we can notice the different missiles/guns in Dogfight. Also I'm working on the interwin (the window in Dogfight where we can see the enemy craft) images for the current HKs. (Actually, I haven't yet searched in which ruleset the interwin are specified, but I suppose that in extraSprites.rul  ???)

Nothing more to say, please enjoy!  :D

Cool, just added your sprites and they're looking pretty good, specially the craft weapons. :)

All extra images are added in extraSprites.rul and you assign them to HKs in ufos.rul

There's already an Interwin image for the HK but I didn't use it - it's included in \Resources\Craft\ as hangar.png

One question - the Mohawk reminds me of the Ornithoper in Dune 2. Is that a coincidence?

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 12, 2018, 06:22:24 pm »
Cool, just added your sprites and they're looking pretty good, specially the craft weapons. :)

I'm glad you like it! I would like to help you will all of the Intelpedia pages, just tell me what to do, and I'll do it. :D

All extra images are added in extraSprites.rul and you assign them to HKs in ufos.rul

Good, as soon as I complete the interwin images, I'll add them.

There's already an Interwin image for the HK but I didn't use it - it's included in \Resources\Craft\ as hangar.png

Oh, I tought that was for an hybrid/captured HK. :0

One question - the Mohawk reminds me of the Ornithoper in Dune 2. Is that a coincidence?

Hahaha no, is not. Dune 2 (and later, Dune 2000), were two of my first games for my PC. Great that you note the reference! ;D

EDIT: It's a bit obvious, but remember that you don't need to fix the palettes anymore, I've learned how to do it by myself. I appreciate your help and patience. ;D

« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 09:00:44 pm by efrenespartano »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 12, 2018, 11:07:47 pm »
Hahaha no, is not. Dune 2 (and later, Dune 2000), were two of my first games for my PC. Great that you note the reference! ;D

Dune 2 is still one of my favorite games as well :D

It's funny because I've been eyeing the Radar Outpost sprite to use in Tech-Comm's bases and then I noticed the Mohawk ;)

EDIT: It's a bit obvious, but remember that you don't need to fix the palettes anymore, I've learned how to do it by myself. I appreciate your help and patience. ;D

LOL. I did remember but thanks for the reminder :)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 13, 2018, 12:09:24 am »
And a little update...

elfrenespartano's updated craft sprites have been added and are looking great, but it will still be a couple of days before I release a new version, but it will contain several major additions, including the whole Earth being playable and the strategic level will definitely look different.

And I've also begun working on the research tree, and here's a little teaser of what's to come.

These will be Sector comm reports. At start you'll have 1 for each sector, in a total of 23,  that you can research to get tips on the areas more likely to encounter HK activity on the sector.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 12:31:06 am by Hobbes »