aliens

Author Topic: [TC][OXCE][I.D.T.] Terminator: Tech-Comm - Alpha  (Read 139778 times)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
Re: [TC][OXCE] Terminator: Tech-Comm - version 0.34 released December 6th
« Reply #285 on: December 06, 2018, 05:19:29 pm »
Version 0.34 uploaded to the modportal!

Alternate download link - http://www.mediafire.com/file/z5bqt27exrh74nb/TechComAlpha_v0.34.zip/file

Requires OXCE 5.1 - https://lxnt.wtf/oxem/builds//Extended/Extended-5.1-9f658a76c-2018-12-04-win32.7z

This upgrade contains several new features and Tech-Comm base terrain is now nearly finished (only thing missing are the base icons for BaseSpace). There are also a number of new features that are unfinished, such as missions/research/manufacture but those will be included in the next update, I chose to release 0.34 meanwhile since it's been a long time since the last release. So expect, bugs, crashes, etc., and please report them.

Change Log V0.34

* Change: Tech-Comm base terrain complete: new maps for Command Center and Hangar, added stairs to Housing and Stores buildings, fixed routes to prevent terminators becoming stuck on roofs, and a rework of all existing maps
* Add: Infirmary, heals 5% health per day of injured soldiers, can host 25 personnel
* Add: Barracks, up to 10 soldiers can be assigned, can host 25 personnel
* Add: Pilot Training, requires base funcionalities pilot_training and craft_housing, uses 1 manufacturing space, takes 5-15 days to complete
* Add: Craft Production, requires base funcionalities craft_housing and craft_production and the corresponding craft research project
* Change: Shelter and Hangar give craft_housing base funcionalities, Hangar and Tech Station give craft_production, and Hangar/Training Station give pilot_training
* Add: destroyBaseFacilities as a global variable, set to true. This makes enemy units to focus more on destroying base facilities during a base defense mission
* Add: all facilities now have a missileAttraction value assigned, representing the odds of getting hit by a bombardment. Surface buildings and radar/missile facilities have higher values, while underground facilities have lower ones
* Crafts can be acquired according through 3 ways: purchase (most already existing craft), research & manufacturing (recovering blueprints on missions) and recovery (winning tactical missions). Research unlocks the existing advanced craft, while the newer models added can only be recovered from missions
* Change: mission sites will always despawn when their timer runs out, even when targeted by craft
* Change: craft Intelpedia articles now display range instead of fuel
* Change: additional options are now fixed, specifically storageLimitsEnforced (false), drawEnemyRadarCircles (false), removeWoundedFromTraining (true), techTreeViewerSpoilerProtection (true) and strafe (false)
* Add: destroyed base facilities are replaced with 'Rubble' (allows to keep connected facilities); if facility is 2x2 or 3x3, then it is damaged (works at 50% and loses special abilities) and can be repaired by rebuilding the original facility (at half the time with a refund), if damaged facility is hit again it is destroyed and removed all together
* Change: several craft removed/changed/added to simplify and balance
* Change: fixed Intelpedia articles on craft
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 05:24:23 pm by Hobbes »

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 07, 2018, 08:14:01 am »
Awesome! Downloading right now!

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 07, 2018, 07:34:22 pm »
Awesome! Downloading right now!

:)

One of the features of the next update is Nuclear/Biological/Chemical conditions to the battlefield that will affect negatively the health/stun/stamina/morale of your soldiers each turn, so the longer the mission lasts, the worst it will get. I'll also add NBC suits as armor to help mitigate those effects.

And here's a pic of Tech-Comm Base terrain, now finished

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 10, 2018, 12:55:57 am »
:)

One of the features of the next update is Nuclear/Biological/Chemical conditions to the battlefield that will affect negatively the health/stun/stamina/morale of your soldiers each turn, so the longer the mission lasts, the worst it will get. I'll also add NBC suits as armor to help mitigate those effects.

I loved the new Base terrain.}

After a lot of searching inside my Google Drive account and my Hard Drive, I've found an old ripoff of the HEC Armor from XenOperations by XOps. Is old, but you can use the sprites if you prefer. It matchs perfectly for the Resistance's NBQ Suit.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 11, 2018, 12:23:50 am »
I loved the new Base terrain.}

After a lot of searching inside my Google Drive account and my Hard Drive, I've found an old ripoff of the HEC Armor from XenOperations by XOps. Is old, but you can use the sprites if you prefer. It matchs perfectly for the Resistance's NBQ Suit.

I already had the HEC Armor marked to use as an advanced armor for night visions and/or low visibility against turrets/terminators. For the NBC suit there's a MIB armor that contains an gas mask, which I thought would be more visually appropriate.

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 11, 2018, 12:31:14 am »
I already had the HEC Armor marked to use as an advanced armor for night visions and/or low visibility against turrets/terminators. For the NBC suit there's a MIB armor that contains an gas mask, which I thought would be more visually appropriate.

I like it so much! Nice idea.

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [TC][OXCE+] Terminator: Tech-Comm - version 0.21 released!
« Reply #291 on: December 13, 2018, 11:36:10 am »
I use GIMP then fix the palettes using Grafx2 (open source). I've attached the game palettes - you'll be using either the Basescape or Geoscape, depending on where the craft sprite is used - either on the base or during combat. Those craft sprites are simple to make - I could do then myself despite my also limited sprite skills, but I have more priority things to implement right now ;)
How do you fix the palettes? I failed to find anything like that. (Figured out how to do it in Gimp, though.)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 13, 2018, 08:03:17 pm »
How do you fix the palettes? I failed to find anything like that. (Figured out how to do it in Gimp, though.)

With Graf2x:
* Load the image you want to convert
* Switch to the other view (use TAB) and load an existing image that uses the desired palette
* Right click on the two squares button (it displays Go/Copy to other page)
* Choose "Palette and remap option"
* Switch to other view
* If necessary, use the Floodfill option to set the correct background color
* Save the newly converted image

I usually use GIMP to draw/adjust pixels, then Graf2x to fix the palette (GIMP is terrible with palettes)

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 14, 2018, 11:51:29 am »
load an existing image that uses the desired palette
Thanks, that's what I did wrong.

I usually use GIMP to draw/adjust pixels, then Graf2x to fix the palette (GIMP is terrible with palettes)
It drops the 0th colour when it loads indexed PNG with 1 transparent colour. I found a way to deal with that: save a copy of the damaged palette to the palette library ("Palettes"), in the Palette Editor add 1 colour at the end ("New Color from..."), back in Palettes rotate the palette by 1 ("Offset Palette" from the context menu), then convert the image to RGB and back to indexed with the new palette.

Offline Wolfstarr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 21, 2018, 03:19:12 am »
Hi Hobbes,

I spent an hour fixing the original sprite I had commissioned :) Tested it in game and doesn't look too bad ... if I do say so myself :)

Anyways, please see attached if want to use it.  Needs a floorob and bigob but otherwise good to go.

Anyone can use this sprite BTW :)

Cheers,

SQ

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 21, 2018, 03:25:51 am »
Spooky! I love it! Thanks :D

Offline Wolfstarr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 21, 2018, 03:33:09 pm »
No problem :) The mod is coming along nicely!

Offline EuchreJack

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 01, 2019, 05:57:57 am »
Mod install doesn't work.  Put it in mods folder...nothing appears.  Confirmed other mods work.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 01, 2019, 05:23:22 pm »
Mod install doesn't work.  Put it in mods folder...nothing appears.  Confirmed other mods work.

What's the path of the /mods folder where you've installed it?

Offline EuchreJack

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 03, 2019, 12:21:10 am »
\Documents\OpenXcom\mods