aliens

Author Topic: Youtube videos  (Read 34455 times)

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Youtube videos
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2012, 11:41:32 am »
I got a sore throat now (clearly from working too hard :P) so the 0.4.5 video might take a while.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2012, 02:15:46 pm »
Sorry Off topic warning!

I have been practising my Youtube skills and have done a game review for another channel , Feedback would be welcome , Other than game sound ( which recorded really badly so i turned it off) what can i do to make these NON Xcom videos betterr?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SBOoQ25lm6k

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2012, 09:31:15 pm »
That's pretty good. :) I didn't even know you could split your squad up...

My only suggestion is that DOSBox has a built-in recorder (Ctrl+Alt+F5) that you can use to record the game without issues.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2012, 11:30:42 pm »
thanks for the tip about dosbox recorder , i did not realise it had one.

So you like cannon fodder , when openxcom is done how about you help us Mod a Cannon fodder version
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,743.msg7160.html#new  ;)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2012, 01:16:10 pm »
Dosbox recorder, i could not work that ... I specified my location to store the files in the config, then i tried (Ctrl+Alt+F5) , turns out thats a bloody Ubuntu hotkey , so 3 hours later i found how to remap the Dosbox keys but then i still was not getting a recording so either the key change did not map or my config is wrong, the nights almost over and i have done nothing of value.

As a last ditch effort , i went digging through all my old computer Junk boxes ( filled with ram , HD, cables, lost games etc ) and eventually found a cable to plug my Audio out into my Microphone in, 5 mins stuffing around with my systems Sound volumes and Happy day it works. 

The moral to this story is this , Unless your a rocket scientist or a computer programmer  , you should just look for the quickest way to fix things, Once again my IQ level let me down :P.

Offline michal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 26, 2012, 05:40:47 pm »
So, is this idea dead? ;)

Offline pmprog

• Commander
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Polymath Programming
« Reply #66 on: December 26, 2012, 05:59:51 pm »
If you're looking for software. FRAPS didn't seem to want to record OXC, however, I've been using OBS (Open Broadcast Software) for my Let's Play. However, if you use fullscreen, all it will capture is part of the mouse cursor. Windowed mode works fine.

OBS can be used to live stream and/or record locally

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 26, 2012, 06:44:43 pm »
If you're looking for software. FRAPS didn't seem to want to record OXC, however, I've been using OBS (Open Broadcast Software) for my Let's Play. However, if you use fullscreen, all it will capture is part of the mouse cursor. Windowed mode works fine.

OBS can be used to live stream and/or record locally
FRAPS probably doesn't work because OpenXcom isn't hardware-accelerated, but any desktop-capturing utility like HyperCam should work well.

Offline Ryskeliini

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2013, 10:39:31 pm »
Ah, so there was a topic with random youtube openxcom videos... i also made one with OBS and edited it with sony vegas today. just a random battle with current features and mods shown.. horrid battle.

Part 1 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwH_lhdqWDg
part 2 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eick6OIQ-g4