Author Topic: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!  (Read 311037 times)

Offline Arctic

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!
« Reply #915 on: June 06, 2023, 05:21:54 pm »
I wanna see some rebalances to rocket launchers:

- R-Rifle is pretty lousy, but is an effective nutcracker. I'd like to see it get an explosive round and be available earlier on. Also, you should be able to build exotic ammo types for it. I think this makes sense since the RR is rather less flashy and a bit lower tech compared to its brethren.
- LASS and Panzerfaust become available at about the same time. I'd like to see the Panzerfaust become available sooner. If it could be bought at the same time as the RR, this would give both a reusable and disposable AT option.
- I think we should be able to make Piratey Panzerfausts, maybe with a Hellerium warhead.
- The Rocket Launcher should be able to guide its rockets with a single waypoint - so you can make top-attack trajectories, like the Javelin. It does say it's "laser guided", after all, and I think this would make it a bit more unique over the alternatives. This mechanic also seems somewhat underutilized. The Advanced Rocket Launcher could have 2, or maybe it could be the one that has a single waypoint.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: June 06, 2023, 06:11:58 pm »
Fair points, also because panzerfaust has a limited range than the LASS so it would make sense.

As for rocker launcher, maybe an "advanced rocker launcher" should have the feature to fire guided rockets; a separate weapon that might need optronics, like the smartgun and other stuff of the smart weapons family. Maybe change its name to "smart rocker launcher"

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: June 09, 2023, 02:57:59 am »
- R-Rifle is pretty lousy, but is an effective nutcracker. I'd like to see it get an explosive round and be available earlier on. Also, you should be able to build exotic ammo types for it. I think this makes sense since the RR is rather less flashy and a bit lower tech compared to its brethren.

for expanding on the R-Rifle, how about a Canister shot (and /PS variant) like Rocket Flechette? it would be more inline with R-Rifle's pure kinetic theme instead of just another HEAT warhead, and it would give R-Rifle a niche. a terrain demolition shell (R-Rifle /MAG?) would be another good utility; sometimes all you need is a single hole to breach through and the R-Rifle excels at making small holes in things.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: June 13, 2023, 10:51:32 am »
Hello guuys!! The N5 came out a few days ago, and it's always a joy to see a new verison! Some thought i made last night:

• the autorifle sprite has been repaced by one made by the super skilled RSSWizard, but looking with more attentin the old N4 verison resembles kinda the ruger mini 14 used by the a-team! See here! So why not spare it and add as a black market weapon? The description might refer it as an old rifle showed in a very ancient tv serie or somethnig...might have less range than the ramshackle rifle but with a very bad autofire accuracy; if you happen to remember the team in auto fire mode never hit someone!! :o :D might fire the rcf clips, with damage: 25I've done a lil modificatin to the sprite attached...
  • add another early black market rifle, named "hybrid rifle" or "frankenstein rifle" made by mixing the rcf carabine and the homefront rifle assets!! The result should be a weapon that might fire both bananas and rcf clips with less range and accuracy than the homefront rifle,with a very very bad auto fire mode. Also a little heavier wgt between 10 and 12 (?) dmagage: same as the aforementioned clips. I've made kind an exeriment but the resoults...well see yourself
  • renaming o'harty's gun to "short rifle" (also because there is no other reference in the game about who the heck this o'harty is) and a small and aseptic description: "a customized and shortened version, without stock of the ol' autorifle Useful for infiltration missions
  • add a couple ofearly smg to market: oone named owen gun or even "Digger's Darling". Very unique and original design, i'd say "exotic" More light and less accurated and powerful (dmg 25?) than the tommy.The other "tube gun" that would be a sten mk II smg. Description might depict it as a tube that fire small bullets, very lith but inaccurate
  • have an early and slimmed down version of the warrior armor, named skirmisher, less heavy and less protective (resistance 25 intead of 30?)

Edit: for that hybrid rifle here is a picture of a toy found n the internet:

Spoiler:

Edit: At the moment there is a shortage at least in the first part of the game - of assault rifles on the black market - while there is a certain abundance of pistols and submachine guns. Perhaps the reason is that as the criminal reputation grows the merchants will also sell ARs? Maybe Dioxine means this?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 08:41:26 am by ontherun »

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: June 18, 2023, 12:16:45 am »
Fair points, also because panzerfaust has a limited range than the LASS so it would make sense.
The Advanced Launcher says its quicker than most to use, but it actually isnt. So id like to see it faster for what you invest in building one. Something like 75/40 percent TUs.

LASS may not have a limited range but its accuracy sucks, which basically means its worse than the panzerfaust on two counts. Panzerfaust has top attack so its alot easier to hit with. The Lass is pretty much crap

My request:

H.Ext: Uber Wheat (0.02)
...one bag of uber wheat == 1 hellerium.

also

D/A Ship Engine
... because midgame I end up with a ton of ship engines and nothing to do with them, since hangars limit how many ships you can make and power stations honestly aren't turning a profit for a long long time. Id much rather pry the optronics and heavy couplings out of them like ret. engines. Like seriously I may have 40+ ship engines taking up inventory and cant do much with them. They're a super huge gold brick waiting to be sold.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: June 22, 2023, 01:24:43 pm »
Also the zombie plague disease seems to be correlated with the necropirates food, but the source of that in still not clear...maybe an experiment gone vrong by the govt involvind some kind of "chemichal agent"? Would be nice to see the story developing, if planned in that sense..

Offline Torchwood

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: June 22, 2023, 06:37:45 pm »
The Advanced Launcher says its quicker than most to use, but it actually isnt. So id like to see it faster for what you invest in building one. Something like 75/40 percent TUs.

LASS may not have a limited range but its accuracy sucks, which basically means its worse than the panzerfaust on two counts. Panzerfaust has top attack so its alot easier to hit with. The Lass is pretty much crap

My request:

H.Ext: Uber Wheat (0.02)
...one bag of uber wheat == 1 hellerium.

also

D/A Ship Engine
... because midgame I end up with a ton of ship engines and nothing to do with them, since hangars limit how many ships you can make and power stations honestly aren't turning a profit for a long long time. Id much rather pry the optronics and heavy couplings out of them like ret. engines. Like seriously I may have 40+ ship engines taking up inventory and cant do much with them. They're a super huge gold brick waiting to be sold.

There is one thing you can do with ship engines over than storing them, build a complex of power stations in a hideout with some free space. This is a good way to stash them until your time of need when you're done researching better planes, it'll break even after a few months

Offline howareyou32ny

• Captain
  • Work hard and play hard lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: June 23, 2023, 08:37:29 am »
Love Xp guys. TY so much for such a fun n pain mod.

I would love to see in Xp that a new features that allow us to send spies to our enemy base or lab to steal armors. Or bootleg some flying enemy armors to use as our own. I need some good armors sooner guys. Such a pain to RnD for good armors.

Offline Arctic

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: June 23, 2023, 10:49:05 am »
Problem: Baby Nukes are awesome, but lack a good delivery mechanism.

Solution: Replace an RPG rocket's warhead with one to create an RPG Nuke Round. Compatible with both the handheld RPG and quad launchers, though quad-packs cannot be constructed. It is simply an RPG rocket but with a nuclear payload, so its performance is identical to the Baby Nuke.

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: June 23, 2023, 07:34:37 pm »
Hellerium Icecream

Protective item, hand slot.

Resistance modification: Heat 50%/50%  (A Heat 100% armor will become 75%)
                                    Cold  150%/10% (A Cold 100% will become 145%)

Decays after 10 turns in battle, can't be collected.
Glows just bright enough to illuminate the enjoyer.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 07:38:11 pm by Mathel »

Offline Arctic

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: June 24, 2023, 12:09:50 pm »
Super-Bombard. Some kind of advanced mortar tank with the ability to fire more rapidly - you can get off two snap shots in one turn, or select autofire to unload an entire 4-shell clip in one go. This would support CTRL+SHIFT spray dragging. I'd also like to see cluster rounds for artillery, if that's even possible.

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: June 24, 2023, 02:16:55 pm »
Super-Bombard. Some kind of advanced mortar tank with the ability to fire more rapidly - you can get off two snap shots in one turn, or select autofire to unload an entire 4-shell clip in one go. This would support CTRL+SHIFT spray dragging. I'd also like to see cluster rounds for artillery, if that's even possible.

Isn't there already Lokk'Narr exclusive bombard tank in game?

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: June 25, 2023, 12:54:26 pm »

yes, should be visibile usin the ingame tech tree viewer

Offline Arctic

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: June 28, 2023, 08:07:50 am »

Hence why I said super-bombard. I'm imagining an upgraded version - able to fire twice in one turn, or unload all 4 rounds of a bombard clip at once (representing rapid burst artillery systems). Also it should be able to fly and have some protection against self-harm from firing Hellerium nuclear rounds. I'm just a sucker for being able to level the entire map, and I wish to be able to do so more efficiently.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: July 09, 2023, 07:20:40 pm »
also a double-barreled auto magnum? With or without scope, with 8 rounds drum and only x2 shots mode. See it as a modern Version of the clockwork gun... spoiler picture..

Spoiler: