Author Topic: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!  (Read 371193 times)

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!
« Reply #1035 on: September 02, 2024, 02:53:44 pm »
Overall I think there's plenty of near-past and modern-ish guns and not enough near-future or far-future guns. Things like bootleg gauss guns made by Earthers playing around with alien tech, or kustom-made space pirate guns. I'd like to see more like the Laslock Shotgun and Plasma Tommy, the Hydra Laser and Magneto-Plasma Gun, or maybe something that uses Standard Laser clips. Maybe a Laslock Rifle manufactured once you've researched Flintlock Rifle and Laser Weapon Disassembly, or a Plasma Musket (Plasma Blunderbuss?) at a suitable mid-tier tech level. What about a Boarding Gun or Super Shoota that's been upgraded to shoot laser or plasma? Maybe a Flintlock Rifle upgraded with Gauss parts?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2024, 11:11:23 pm by Psyentific »

Offline Fugazza

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: September 02, 2024, 03:29:32 pm »
The Watchtower map is... kinda big for the mission itself or is just me?

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • public enemy no. 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: September 10, 2024, 01:18:32 am »
I'd like it if people stopped turning XPZ into a gun museum.

But, piratey and criminal stuff fit well into the framework, even older ones  :P

well..hey why not just have a bounty mission named "gun museum"?! A jack or goblin zaxx early one, where we have to retrive for die hard collectionist some military stuff from centuries ago (similarly to "archeologichal dig") but as bounty player might retain a part of the stuff..trivia, did you know guys that the BAR was Clyde Barrow preferred weapon?

What would be nice i think might be the chance to "modify" early game weapons though manufacturing, like happens with the shiny niner, for example the rusty blade might become "renewed blade" while tommy might become "short tommy", without the stock and therefore more lightweight

Things like bootleg gauss guns made by Earthers playing around with alien tech, or kustom-made space pirate guns. I'd like to see more like the Laslock Shotgun and Plasma Tommy, the Hydra Laser and Magneto-Plasma Gun, or maybe something that uses Standard Laser clips. Maybe a Laslock Rifle manufactured once you've researched Flintlock Rifle and Laser Weapon Disassembly, or a Plasma Musket (Plasma Blunderbuss?) at a suitable mid-tier tech level. What about a Boarding Gun or Super Shoota that's been upgraded to shoot laser or plasma? Maybe a Flintlock Rifle upgraded with Gauss parts?

Well actually why don't have both of these chances, that is to say modify, improve and or/upgrade weapons through manufacturing  with new technology?

Overall I think there's plenty of near-past and modern-ish guns and not enough near-future or far-future guns.
Well i actually always thought the contrary, but i never made deep progress into xpiratez so really can tell with certainity

The Watchtower map is... kinda big for the mission itself or is just me?

On second though Fugazza is right, maybe shorten the map fot that mission, plus make "comms tower" mission an improved/hardened version of such, maybe adding a fence around (like warehouse wars ones) and maybe a gate with two (or four) guardin boxes near the edges. On the gate itself might be placed also a faction logo, so we might know who are fighhting/pillaging  8)