aliens

Author Topic: [Enemy] Traitors mod  (Read 13079 times)

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
Re: [Enemy] Traitors mod
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2018, 10:11:32 am »
Hey, I like that, though the only problem I can think of on making this happen is that I don't know how to specify in the .rul files on how to make these traitors appear only once a certain point in the game is achieved. I can lock the retaliation runs via research, but I absolutely no knowledge on how to do it on the alien UFOs and missions. I tried back then to have the traitors to be assigned with a terror pool, which will only happen if research A is complete, however the did appear even though the requirements for their appearance has not been reached yet. Thanks for that cool wall of text, I'll implement it on the ufopaedia page on the mod, and maybe try some experiments to make some of your ideas to work

Offline KiethSomataw99

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2018, 04:27:26 am »
Maybe it be easier just to make them appear after a certain month in the game, fairly early on. 2nd or 3rd month perhaps.

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2018, 08:11:41 pm »
Gonna try this mod with Area 51.

The_Funktasm

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2018, 04:51:22 pm »
Have not tried your mod yet.

Have some suggestions on the current topic of discussion. Alien pact forces could be called conscripts unless of notable rank, due to the sometimes iffy nature of transitioning from UN/COFN to rogue alien aligned nation. Like perhaps often it's a sort of selling out of loyal forces to their new combat leaders. They don't have a choice to opt out before their transfers. (I dunno who is into anime but the forces of East Gorto in HxH?)