Author Topic: [UFO]S.A.R. HWP/AI Mod V.0.60 (XCE+ needed)  (Read 9365 times)

Offline drages

• Colonel
    • View Profile
[UFO]S.A.R. HWP/AI Mod V.0.60 (XCE+ needed)
« on: August 09, 2017, 11:25:48 pm »
Hey Fellas..

Finally i could finish my first mod. S.A.R. as "Search Analyze Reprogram" Unit Mod created to make your HWP gameplay much more better, bigger and more interesting. Many people use their HWP's mostly to save their soldiers, as a frontal assault/scout unit, because they are mostly expandable. They are soulness units of the battlefield. They can die or kill.. who cares.. and you can bring 4 ultra mega armored soldiers with heavy plasmas anyway..

So we like our soldiers because they get experience, they grow with each battle. We don't want to lose them later, we sacrifice rookies without a blink to save those guys.. for that reason HWP's are always at background.

For that reason, I wanted to have a HWP.. i wanted to have a Sectopod which i care, which i got a connection.. which i even consider to sacrifice my soldiers to save her!.. i hope i handle it now.

If you watched the "Kill Command", you would already know where SAR name came from. This is a learning AI which can control any kind of HWP hull, alien or human, without any problem. She gets experience like your soldiers. She is very hard to create and easy to use. She could be a tank or a huge weapon platform.. She can kill all humanity but this is not our topic here.

So let's look what we got here.

- More of standart HWP types with more weapons.
- Special SAR Units with many weapon options and combinations.
- You manufacture "Hulls" and give it to the SAR unit as "Armor". Every hull comes with his own weapons.
- After you manufactured the Hull then you need to manufacture the armor with weapons. So 2 step needed per armor.
- SAR units got inventory layout. You need to put ammo like soldiers but can't change the weapons. You can only see the inventory before mission.
- SAR units are hard to manufacture. When you lose a SAR at battlefield, you can resurrect it with it's mainframe but all the experience gone. You just get a new starter.
- Hover units are nerfed badly as armor, so careful, because i think they got already huge advantages. But discs are cool.
- SAR armors as HWP's are not overpowered as survival. Don't think you can send them and burn every thing.. just heavy tank can make it maybe but it's slow :P..

- You can reload a SAR unit weapon only with pressing "R".. it's important!.

- There is 7 different hull and much more weapon combinations for them.
- The mod is for vanilla but still got new weapon types for SAR like Gauss, Pulse, Ion and Rail.
- Every unit got it's own unique sprites, images. (not heavy tank.. sadly)..

This mod needs XCE+ Version 39a.

No need to give more spoilers. Please inform me if there is any bug. As my first mod, i hope it works well enough.

Thanks very much to Woah for ufopedia entries,
Solarius Scorch (for AI names specially), Dioxine, Meridian, Warboy and Supsuper for their patience to my never ending questions,
ohartenstein23 for it's awesome scripts,
HWP and Weapon images ,i edited heavily,  from various modders.

Please report any bug anything with save games with only this mod is active. I am new and can miss something on the way. But i think it's safe enough to play, don't worry about version number. I am someone who don't like to see 1.0 until it's really perfect :P.

Version 0.60
----------------
- I handled the cyberdisc stun problem thx to ohartenstein23. Now you need to shoot it with EMP weapons for a while and then go for normal weapons, it should not explode.
- Gauss weapon can be searched.

Version 0.57
----------------
- Some fixes
- For now, you only need dead units, because there is a problem about stunning those units still, we will figure out soon.

Version 0.55
----------------
- Some sprite debugging
- Cyberdisc and Sectopod is stunable.
- Cyberdisc does not selfdestruct by EMP weapons.

Version 0.51
----------------
- Ufopedia HWP Weapons fixed.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 09:51:55 pm by drages »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
Re: [UFO]S.A.R. HWP/AI Mod V.0.5 (XCE+ needed)
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 11:31:29 pm »
Huzzah! Glad to see this finally released, looking forward to testing it.

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 03:26:41 am »
Hahaha! I was trying to implement your work to my mod with no success! Then you released a mod that already implemented it, makes my work easier. And seems like I totally forgot, can I use your sprites to my mod? I already have them, but will remove it if you don't like it..

Edit: Just tested the mod, it crashed in new battle when I press unload items, there is still some thing missing from the mod itself
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 03:38:13 am by Yataka Shimaoka »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 05:35:35 am »
Got some crashes looking through the pedia articles - all of the "<x> HWP Weapons" produce CTDs when you try to view them.  They reference items like STR_RAIL_HWP_CANNON, which seem to be missing from the mod. I'll be actually taking S.A.R. for a spin later.

Edit: Poor formatting.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 02:56:25 pm by ohartenstein23 »

Offline drages

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 09:28:12 am »
Edit: Just tested the mod, it crashed in new battle when I press unload items, there is still some thing missing from the mod itself

I don't get any crash at new battle BUT giving HWP units as armor is NOT the game engine can do it like other things. I mean the game code is not totally accepting this. I needed to force it at some points but still it tries to make some connections and act like a HWP.. for example at new battle you can see the SAR HWP weapons at the end of the list. It's because the game sees them as HWP unit. If you try to add them some how, game can act strange. There is no problem at game because i deleted those weapons from stokes. But you still see them at battle mod.

And you can take any image you want. I am honored.

Got some crashes looking through the pedia articles - all of the "
  • HWP Weapons" produce CTDs when you try to view them.  They reference items like STR_RAIL_HWP_CANNON, which seem to be missing from the mod. I'll be actually taking S.A.R. for a spin later.
I handled the problem. Thx!

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [UFO]S.A.R. HWP/AI Mod V.0.51 (XCE+ needed)
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 03:46:58 pm »
You've got a few ammo items that have inventory dimensions not matching to the sprites:
  • Gauss Dual Autocannon Shells: sprite is 1x3, item is 1x8
  • Plasma Autocannon Shells: sprite is 1x2, item is 2x3
  • Triple Rockets: sprite is 1x3, item is 1x2

I don't know whether or not they're intentional to block out use in certain parts of the inventory, but they're visually confusing on the inventory screen.

Edit: Missing STR's -
  • STR_QUAD_ROCKETS
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 04:18:48 pm by ohartenstein23 »

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
Re: [UFO]S.A.R. HWP/AI Mod V.0.55 (XCE+ needed)
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 03:51:05 am »
Your gauss heavy tank looks kinda weird, it has rocket pods behind it and a cannon ahead. How about changing the position of the cannon to the other rocket pod so it might look logical? Just ideas

Offline drages

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 08:55:25 am »
Your gauss heavy tank looks kinda weird, it has rocket pods behind it and a cannon ahead. How about changing the position of the cannon to the other rocket pod so it might look logical? Just ideas

Why do you think it's weird at all? It's like a mini mamooth tank from C&C series. Cannon at front and double launchers at the sides.

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2017, 02:24:15 pm »
What's C&C ?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2017, 03:06:54 pm »
Command and Conquer, and see here for visual reference . I really like the SAR heavy tank sprites for this reason, they remind me of the GDI tank hulls from C&C3.

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2017, 03:33:48 pm »
Okay, then it is some unique and sweet tank!

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2017, 04:46:31 pm »
I noticed that emp weapons are a pain in the ass to unlock, is this intended? And are emp weapons a surefire way to stun sectopods and cyberdiscs?

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2017, 04:15:41 pm »
It looks nice - too nice. So I had to pirate the quad for piratez. Hope that is okay.

Offline drages

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2017, 09:51:38 pm »
I noticed that emp weapons are a pain in the ass to unlock, is this intended? And are emp weapons a surefire way to stun sectopods and cyberdiscs?

EMP weapons needs just a cyberdisc corpse and laser weapons.. not so hard tbh. EMP is sure for sectopod but for for cyberdisc you need to finish it with normal weapons after EMP.

It looks nice - too nice. So I had to pirate the quad for piratez. Hope that is okay.

You are welcome. :)

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
Re: [UFO]S.A.R. HWP/AI Mod V.0.60 (XCE+ needed)
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2017, 09:16:06 am »
Here drages, some feedback: no ufopedia strings for hwps