aliens

Author Topic: "Cancel" button in the sell /sack screen for storage limits exceeded  (Read 2854 times)

Offline SteamXCOM

• Colonel
    • View Profile
 "Cancel" button in the sell /sack screen as the result of missions exceeding storage limits and multiple bases are available.

Using the latest nightly(openxcom_git_master_2017_08_01_0005.exe) and raiding a Muton supply ship.
 Capture the ship and usually I get a message I must sell /sack stuff to get space.  However, this is a game  that has several other bases with plenty of storage space.

The base that has the overage in elerium, aliens and alloys , if I go into the sell/sack, it displays the base items but I cannot sell/sack nor cancel (no cancel button) nor exit the screen by ESC. I have to alt tab and quit the game.

If I go back in, I can go to the transfer screen to that base and transfer out whatever I need, including live aliens to containment elsewhere; and once down to limits, the sell/ sack screen displays its  "cancel" and "sell option" buttons again.

Has anyone else seen this? About to confirm again as another raid against a loaded, landed Muton supply ship is underway..
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 06:49:23 pm by SteamXCOM »

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: "Cancel" button in the sell /sack screen for storage limits exceeded
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 06:54:54 pm »
This happens when it's set to enforce base storage limits. You can turn the setting off, and the game will allow you to go over your storage limit when bringing stuff home from missions or possibly from manufacturing. Unfortunately openxcom does not have any features to enable you to transfer instead of sell when you're over limit and it's set to enforce the limit.

I play with the setting on and I try to keep track of my storage space. I transfer stuff out early when it's getting full. But I also play with general stores storage space doubled.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 07:14:07 pm »
Unfortunately openxcom does not have any features to enable you to transfer instead of sell when you're over limit and it's set to enforce the limit.

OXCE+ has exactly this feature.

You can either sell or transfer to other bases.

Offline SteamXCOM

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 08:39:58 pm »
 Thank you for your replies

Reaver==>Unfortunately openxcom does not have any features to enable you to transfer instead of sell when you're over limit and it's set to enforce the limit.

Yes, I do have enforce storage limits on, however  I can transfer other bases  just I stay out of sell/sack to avoid getting hard stuck there before I do,  and when one base,  I recall  the game  will force me to sell excess if no bases to transfer to. 

Meridian==>OXCE+ has exactly this feature.
You can either sell or transfer to other bases.

A smoother integration with the enforce Storage limit option; ANOTHER reason to think about moving to OXCE+...