Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61)  (Read 692910 times)

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.14)
« Reply #315 on: July 09, 2018, 09:59:48 am »
Do I have to begin a new savegame to let the .rul be active?

What changes has the aliendeployment.rul?
It will spawn less infiltration missions. No effect on missions allready in progress, though.
You dont need to restart the  game, but effect may come in next month(because missions mostly generating in between months).
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 04:29:54 pm by Nord »

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 09, 2018, 07:26:22 pm »
Maybe I understand something wrong, but I can`t build vibroblades and the two lances. All of them have been researched.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VlavTAX_wnCQNIgdAkckOiMhrA0-dgY0/view?usp=sharing (savegame)

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 09, 2018, 07:58:03 pm »
Yes, you can not. Just as alien sonic weapons. You can only build your own modifications, as vibroknife.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 09, 2018, 08:31:05 pm »
But can nonsonic weapons (ranged) kill the aliens? What about the lobstermen and the Carcharodon (Yeti-Alien)?

And another question: What triggers the bughunt mode?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 08:34:04 pm by LouisdeFuines »

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 09, 2018, 08:42:29 pm »
Tried out your quickfix.

There are still TOO many alien ships appearing during a month.

The problem is, that most just fly around and don`t land. I can`t gather points by this way.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 08:57:21 pm by LouisdeFuines »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 09, 2018, 09:44:24 pm »
Err... You know you can fight alien sub with more than one (four) interceptors?
Four morays with DUP can sink almost anything except dreadnought.
Bughunt turns on automatically when enough turns played (20 or something like that)
Quickfix influence only new missions generation, as i say. So you need to play month or two to see effect.
Each race have their own strengths and vulnerabilities. So lobstermen are vulnerable to melee and freeze.
Of course, jet harpoons can not pierce strong armor. But chemical weapons can reduce armor rating, fire can ignore armor at all and so on. Read ufopedia for more info about each weapon.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 09, 2018, 09:54:43 pm »
I started a savegame from the end of November. In December I am again surrounded by ships hovering around bases.

In December the quickfix should be effective, but it doesn`t seem to be so.

Thank you for the advice with the multiple interceptors. Didn`t try that out. In vanilla one interceptor was usually more then enough.
By this I could surely capture one or two big ships. But the game spams the ships like there was no tomorrow.

Offline Varana

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 09, 2018, 10:24:27 pm »
btw "vibroknife"...

is it intended, that classical melee weapons are much better than advanced ones in this modpack?
For example the simple knife has the strenght power bonus and so is stronger (and cheaper, lighter) than the vibroknife.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 10:26:10 pm by Varana »

Offline Vesparco

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 09, 2018, 11:00:28 pm »
Playing on 2.13 (I will do the update today to the latest).

Concerning my game, I was able to balance in positive points by assaulting a landed dreadnought with sectoids. Up to now I am able to buzz over the USOs with three barracudas and two tritons (with that the interceptions are quite manageable). I am quite surprised of the high costs of aqua-plastics of both the Morays and the upgraded triton but as you can basically recycle most of the alien stuff I cannot pronounce on its balance. Despite all, the USO storm does not let me go farther in the game (one week is like 3-4 missions and several interceptions). I'll apply the fix and see how it goes.

From the weapon standpoint the sharkmans seems to be the muton-equivalent for the jet harpoon weapons: pretty resilient. I am about to unlock gauss so seems legit.

Concerning bugs and QoL stuff:

Graphics issue, but this one crashes the game.
(Simply MC a mindworm and switch to him. Haven't tried locust though)

1.- I can confirm it is something with the graphics of weapons or one sprite in the inventory, I have the same issue when middle-clicking on the locust to check what it was.

2.- Then I have issues with the sprite of the hazmat suit. In some cases the head is replaced by the dead body sprite (not sure if this bug was already traced).

QoL-1: It would be nice to have color coded ammunitions for the harpoon weapons. I go nuts every time I have to check if I am firing stun harpoons or SC ones (attached some files edited with Aseprite. I don't know if they are valid for the color palette  :( ).

QoL-2: The sectoid commander has an "empty" tech tree w.r.t. the squad leader. I would be nice if he was more useful in this matter (either research or "manufacturing").

Said this I am having fun, the mind worm and the locust is a nice move (fortunately I mix laser and X-rifles  ;D).

Offline Amoebka

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 10, 2018, 10:05:18 am »
Ok, so I got my first "Monsters terrorize an island" mission and dispatched a team of 14. Ended my first turn without doing anything as per the usual. After that, my whole squad was under some kind of psi attack (despite aliens having no vision?) that knocked all 14 of them unconscious in one turn and resulted in a full wipe. Is this the intended behaviour? Seems a bit, uhm, unfun, given how I didn't even get a chance to do anything.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 10, 2018, 11:23:36 am »
Ok, so I got my first "Monsters terrorize an island" mission and dispatched a team of 14. Ended my first turn without doing anything as per the usual. After that, my whole squad was under some kind of psi attack (despite aliens having no vision?) that knocked all 14 of them unconscious in one turn and resulted in a full wipe. Is this the intended behaviour? Seems a bit, uhm, unfun, given how I didn't even get a chance to do anything.
You put novices there?
It was intended to such result by 4-5 turn, exclude mentally strong soldiers and drones.
Maybe it is owerpowered... Shall check.
Wait a minute...
Island terror? With civilians and such?
Then it is just mindworms attacking you.
They can see through walls, and attack by m.c.-stun.(and panic)
Advice:
Spoiler:
Use aquanauts with high mc-strength, high HP and mc-protective armor. Or use drones.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 11:29:39 am by Nord »

Offline Amoebka

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 10, 2018, 12:05:16 pm »
I put my A-team there. No idea how mentally strong they were. Only armor researched is plastic, they had that (research is another can of worms altogether).

Can't even tell whether or not it was an island with civilians or not, because I literally wiped before I opened Triton's doors. Haven't heard any screams out there. :-[

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #327 on: July 10, 2018, 12:07:27 pm »
"Mindworm, mindworm"

I like this one. :)

Offline Amoebka

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 10, 2018, 03:27:05 pm »
A few minor bugs (?):

Particle Disturbance Scanner doesn't appear on any underwater missions (loaded on Tritor but can't be seen anywhere during the equip phase and isn't present in the item pile after).

Trying to fire the initial (non-advanced) torpedo launcher in the "suspicious underwater activity" missions produces "Can't be fired above water". Not sure if the problem is with the weapon or with the deployment.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 10, 2018, 03:36:41 pm »
Got it, will fix.

About wipe out by worms - bad luck i think, too many of them was spawned near you. So they see you and ...  :'(

Upd.:
A few minor bugs (?):
Trying to fire the initial (non-advanced) torpedo launcher in the "suspicious underwater activity" missions produces "Can't be fired above water". Not sure if the problem is with the weapon or with the deployment.
Did you remember what terrain type was there?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 03:47:20 pm by Nord »