Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61)  (Read 676832 times)

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.39)
« Reply #1410 on: March 26, 2020, 05:27:07 am »
Poseidon - oh. "We had 6 bugs, 4 fixed, 5 left." Thanks, will fix.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: March 26, 2020, 02:43:53 pm »
How many turns I need wait while enemies on Barge is shows up? They only MC me that's annoying but refuse come close to Triton. I can abort any time but why AI just refuse attack using weapons? Or this mission has Sneaky AI option On what disabled default by mod rules?

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: March 26, 2020, 02:50:01 pm »
They are doing their own duties. On barge mission YOU are attacker. :-)

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: March 26, 2020, 03:07:46 pm »
So this is infinite? game won't crash even after 1 000 000 turn?

Offline Evil_bl

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: March 26, 2020, 03:27:49 pm »
How many turns I need wait while enemies on Barge is shows up? They only MC me that's annoying but refuse come close to Triton. I can abort any time but why AI just refuse attack using weapons? Or this mission has Sneaky AI option On what disabled default by mod rules?

You can`t do this mission without MC resistance. I always fly away from it until you get some chips in heads of aquanauts =)

Offline chronocide_commando

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: March 26, 2020, 03:42:40 pm »
You totally can. Have the panicking/berserking aquanauts drop all weapons (they can still be used for scanning and healing) and stun the ones already mind controlled.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: March 26, 2020, 03:46:05 pm »
Yeah, MC is pain, but Barge not always has Aquatoids or their enhanced form. Sometimes it Gilman  even on 1st detected Barge, I don't know what % of it. Lazy to check ruleset files. I did it early once on Superhuman, took me an ages to complete and if I remember correctly now it was 48 of them very which is absolutely insane. But early game allows you bring 3 SWS instead of 2 now. Anyway I just aborted. Plus score, I lost 1 guy because my mistake and Gauss rifle but it's OK. I have debug mode on, but not using it, just wondering will AI behavior change or not with time.

Offline MeaslyTpod

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: March 27, 2020, 10:16:45 am »
Poseidon - oh. "We had 6 bugs, 4 fixed, 5 left." Thanks, will fix.
I hope the next patch will come soon, don't want to hurry you but you know, x-com always needs more hands to defend HOLY TERRA.   ;)

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: March 27, 2020, 11:37:46 am »
I hope the next patch will come soon, don't want to hurry you but you know, x-com always needs more hands to defend HOLY TERRA.   ;)
Oh, if you ask - here is it.
Version 2.40 is up.
Changelog:
- enabled bughunt mode after turn 20;
- enabled radar circles over hunter-killers;
- Various minor bugfixes;

Offline MasterBLB

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.40)
« Reply #1419 on: March 27, 2020, 11:59:36 pm »
How do I get MC=enhanced aquanauts? I finished needed research, and now I'd like to put it into some use.

Offline MeaslyTpod

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: March 28, 2020, 12:35:39 am »
Oh I really appreciate the new patch, hope didn't hurry you that much...well I had a cargo ship with 2 levels to rescue so you know.
Bughunt mode sounds a helpful feature, majority of missions end before 20 turns pass though.

I somehow can't find alien navigators yet and wonder where to find them.
It's already July of the 1st year, my soldiers seriously need more powerful weapons than Jet Harpoons to deal with deep sea horrors.

Offline Jimboman

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: March 28, 2020, 01:35:56 am »
my soldiers seriously need more powerful weapons than Jet Harpoons to deal with deep sea horrors.

I've tried to play this three or four times but have given-up before the end of the first year because of the useless weapons, even on the easiest setting.  Lasers on the surface are ok, but underwater-wise we need better early weapons (and aquanauts that didn't go to the Stormtrooper School of Shooting).

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: March 28, 2020, 02:33:28 am »
Emm... gas cannons? Heavy gas cannons?

Offline MeaslyTpod

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: March 28, 2020, 03:13:10 am »
I've tried to play this three or four times but have given-up before the end of the first year because of the useless weapons, even on the easiest setting.  Lasers on the surface are ok, but underwater-wise we need better early weapons (and aquanauts that didn't go to the Stormtrooper School of Shooting).
Interrogating an alien navigator leads to Gauss Weapons, you can check tech tree viewer by pressing Q on geoscape.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: March 28, 2020, 10:05:04 am »
Getting live Navigator is pretty annoying sometimes. They're only present on Terror missions, middle or larger USO's. Artifact site has Navigators too, but you probably will be screw up before even finishing first stage due to MC attacks. Barge... hmm... read my cries few posts early. Shark guys has one as well, but it's hard to kill them and they're shows up too late, usually when aliens builds a bunch of bases. Another problem getting MC reader, which rare too. Without it Sonic weaponry will be blocked and even you managed to get Navigator early and unlock Gauss it's pretty useless against Tasoths, Lobsters and Sharks resist them. All what you have as melee attacks and gas things.  By the way guys, remember times when we needs exactly one Magnetic navigation for one Gauss, that was real pain. Oh and MC... too much of it on any difficulty, getting Implants another nightmare. One landed dreadnought gives you two only which will be spend immediately for Bio-lab construction. This is feature of this mod - surviving is priority.