aliens

Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61)  (Read 676686 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.35)
« Reply #1230 on: January 08, 2020, 01:17:14 pm »
I just made an account to report a Segmentation Fault I started having yesterday. I think it has something to do with Jellymen research/ufopaedia entry, but not sure.

I was playing version 2.35f and OXCE 6.2. Today I updated to OXCE 6.3.3 and the fault is still happening. I've attached my log and most recent hard save.

Crash happens during saving.

Caused by alien base self-destruction feature. Will be fixed soon.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: January 08, 2020, 09:04:27 pm »
It is intended. You can start recruiting campaign to search gifted people. But you can not make the man gifted.
Hmm. I don't understand. I mean - why I can add implants to existing soldiers to make them MC protected or made Cyber guys, but can't do same with people who have some MC skills which has discovered by training them in MC lab and instead I need buy new fresh guys? In older version there is no option make MC protected and Cyborgs at all. And you have to buy them.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: January 08, 2020, 09:39:27 pm »
Gifted soldiers have more mc-strength than normal soldiers. It is talented people with same implants as normal soldiers, trained in mc-lab.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: January 09, 2020, 08:45:27 pm »
Hello Nord and OXCE crew.
I just made an account to report a Segmentation Fault I started having yesterday. I think it has something to do with Jellymen research/ufopaedia entry, but not sure.
I was playing version 2.35f and OXCE 6.2. Today I updated to OXCE 6.3.3 and the fault is still happening. I've attached my log and most recent hard save.
Other than that, I've really enjoyed this mod so far, so thank you.

Here's a fix, please try it and let us know if it helped: https://lxnt.wtf/oxem/builds//Extended/Extended-6.3.3-6ccf300f0-2020-01-09-win64.7z

Offline Alessias

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: January 09, 2020, 09:23:42 pm »
About Segmentation Fault when done researching Abyssian Treaty. Till next patch/version of the mod when it'll be fixed, you must to clear all existing abyssian alien bases on the globe before completing this topic.

2 Nord:
- Great, GREAT work!!! It's a really new life of beloved strategy game, many tens of hours of playing, I've sunk deep in TWoTS Terror from the Deep ;D

Allmost anything well balanced... except starting weapons, they're practically useless :) First misson versus polyps depleted about five dozen of harpoons with nearly no effect)) Restarted, pressed on weapon research - and polyps are not unbeateble  more.

A little suggestion - why not manufacture Autosonic from Sonic Cannon + some addition(molectronics, alloys, etc)? Also Sniper sonic = Sonic Blasta Rifle + addition... This fits well into common concept, unlike currently required some cloning+alloys, what to do with clonings not in bioweapon? Don't take it as offence, it's only a suggestion.

The very idea to disassemble for rare parts unused ammunition and corpses is also great one! Not to sell cannon clips and pulsers, make precious zrbite of them :D
 If only expand to ability of disassembling stun bombs and disruptor ammo, or to convert disruptor ammo into PWT Torpedos (2 DA →1 PWT or 1 DA+2-3 zrbite1 PWT maybe?)

Offline Alessias

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: January 09, 2020, 09:40:41 pm »
Here's a fix, please try it and let us know if it helped: https://lxnt.wtf/oxem/builds//Extended/Extended-6.3.3-6ccf300f0-2020-01-09-win64.7z
Just have tried fix with old save just before SegFault.
For the first look game crashes no more when trying to save( as was with previous version).
Thanks a lot!

Offline ShivaTheDeceased

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: January 10, 2020, 01:28:08 am »

Fix seems to work. I reverted to an old save and redid the treaty research. So far the game saves without causing crashes.

I'll play around with this build for a few hours while MHW is updating and see if anything else arises. Thanks for the timely fix.

Offline Amoebka

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: January 11, 2020, 10:17:01 pm »
Are there any guidelines on how fast things should go on geoscape? I'm currently a full year in, and haven't seen a single jelly yet, let alone some mysterious hellcrabs/freaks medics keep telling me about. There were a few lobster encounters a while ago, but they all but disappeared as soon as I researched TSL, seemingly to annoy me by denying engineers for interrogation.  ;D All I ever see are shark dudes and snake dudes. Is it all pure random, or is it still too early for some races to show up?

Offline Alessias

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: January 11, 2020, 11:03:14 pm »
Are there any guidelines on how fast things should go on geoscape? I'm currently a full year in, and haven't seen a single jelly yet, let alone some mysterious hellcrabs/freaks medics keep telling me about. There were a few lobster encounters a while ago, but they all but disappeared as soon as I researched TSL, seemingly to annoy me by denying engineers for interrogation.  ;D All I ever see are shark dudes and snake dudes. Is it all pure random, or is it still too early for some races to show up?
As far as I know, some new strong races(and several new type of missions) appear after torturing high ranked nagas and researching new topics revealed  therefore. In the beginning I try to capture  at least one  example of any rank from soldier to commander of new race I meet on battlefield.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: January 12, 2020, 01:39:40 pm »

You must advance through story.

Also:
Vesion 2.36 is up.
Changelog:
- Added new tier of alien weapons: shard guns;
- Added new craft weapon - aquaplastic cannon;
- Added recycling of termal shock bombs and pvt rounds;
- Increased HP of enchanced aquatoids;
- Minor bugfixing.

Offline Amoebka

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.36)
« Reply #1240 on: January 13, 2020, 08:25:20 pm »
There seem to be 2 types of shard pistols that have the same name but don't stack in storage. Is this intentional? Haven't gotten to researching them yet.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: January 13, 2020, 09:27:12 pm »
There seem to be 2 types of shard pistols that have the same name but don't stack in storage. Is this intentional? Haven't gotten to researching them yet.
Oh, misprint in english translation. There must be "rifle".
Not too bad though, will fix somewhat later. Thanks.

Also forget to mention new surface item - laser smg. As requested, 2x1 and can be wield one handed.

misterx

« Reply #1242 on: January 14, 2020, 01:36:00 pm »
First impresisons playing 2.36: very nice mod, there are very small details that may need a look: for instance some sprites are not quite centered, plus flamethrower should be a two handed weapons. :)

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: January 14, 2020, 05:29:52 pm »
Why save file? Something i should to try in it?

Offline Amoebka

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: January 14, 2020, 07:40:01 pm »
Is there a way to check my savefile to see if plot missions are progressing properly? I've researched Naga Society 6 months ago and haven't seen a single temple yet. Can shooting down scouts prevent them from spawning or something?

I also haven't captured any mutants and shore village missions have disappeared. How screwed am I? Cult of the Drowned God doesn't seem to affect game progression according to the in-game research tree viewer, is that correct?