aliens

Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61)  (Read 676535 times)

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.22)
« Reply #735 on: December 16, 2018, 04:56:23 pm »
Very Large USO doesn't give any Magnetic Navigation.
There is no changes from vanilla dreadnought map, so maybe aliens dont need navigation on that type of ships.
Something like that:
Spoiler:
Canadians: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid collision.

Americans: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the North to avoid a collision.

Canadians: Negative. You will have to divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

Americans: This is the Captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.

Canadians: No, I say again, you divert YOUR course.

Americans: THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS LINCOLN, THE SECOND LARGEST SHIP IN THE UNITED STATES' ATLANTIC FLEET. WE ARE ACCOMPANIED BY THREE DESTROYERS, THREE CRUISERS AND NUMEROUS SUPPORT VESSELS. I DEMAND THAT YOU CHANGE YOUR COURSE 15 DEGREES NORTH--I SAY AGAIN, THAT'S ONE FIVE DEGREES NORTH--OR COUNTER-MEASURES WILL BE UNDERTAKEN TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF THIS SHIP.

Canadians: This is a lighthouse. Your call.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: December 21, 2018, 06:16:21 pm »
STR_POLYPH_TERRORIST and STR_REEF_TERRORIST have standHeight: 25, which is more than 1 tile... when you hit them with explosives, they get hit twice... once on the tile they occupy and once on the tile above.

I recommend setting standHeight: 24, which is the maximum possible without unit overflowing to the tile above (on flat terrain).

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: December 22, 2018, 06:12:39 am »
Ok, will be done.
Also saw a "wtf" episode. Laughed so loud, awaked neighbor.
No tactic is universal. :D

Online Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: December 22, 2018, 12:01:10 pm »
STR_POLYPH_TERRORIST and STR_REEF_TERRORIST have standHeight: 25, which is more than 1 tile... when you hit them with explosives, they get hit twice... once on the tile they occupy and once on the tile above.

I recommend setting standHeight: 24, which is the maximum possible without unit overflowing to the tile above (on flat terrain).
btw when unit is on stairs it will get double damage too, once for head and once for legs.

niculinux

« Reply #739 on: December 22, 2018, 12:36:41 pm »
Ok, will be done.
Also saw a "wtf" episode. Laughed so loud, awaked neighbor.
No tactic is universal. :D

Please Nord, may you do something more to polyps? As of now (v2.22) these are a real paon and i think may need seriously nerfed, since it's impossible to kill any without at least being injuried

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: December 22, 2018, 03:42:27 pm »
Please Nord, may you do something more to polyps? As of now (v2.22) these are a real paon and i think may need seriously nerfed, since it's impossible to kill any without at least being injuried
I have nerfed them three times. Maybe they need four.
To kill polyps you can
Spoiler:
Use phosphorous ammunition, or hydro-jet cannons with AP rounds. Use Hazmat suits and exosuits. Use jet harpoon as early surrogate of sniper rifle.
And of course use coelacants.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: December 22, 2018, 04:27:16 pm »
Or just skip those missions... they don't give you anything anyway... nobody is forcing you to fight.

PS: Although I have to admit... polyps are very un-fun to play.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: December 22, 2018, 05:28:17 pm »
Un-fun... Well, i can reduce chances for them to spawn.

Offline TarzanCZ

• Sergeant
  • For Earth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: December 22, 2018, 06:44:17 pm »
Best tactics against them seems to be zrbite gas cannon shells bombing.

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: December 26, 2018, 09:53:51 am »
I have nerfed them three times. Maybe they need four.
I think you're giving them the wrong nerf. From watching Meridian's Let's Play, I see that they don't deal very much damage, but they have an extremely high reactions score. A unit with high reactions will have almost full time units and still the polyp will unload its entire TU bar into reaction fire. Their actual difficulty appears to be low once you have a modicum of armor--I think there's just a psychological aspect to knowing that if you move to get a line of fire you know you will be attacked.

So I suggest reducing their reaction score. If you change it to be at the upper end of what your aquanauts are likely to have, then a unit with low reactions (or low TUs) may trigger them to unload all of their TUs immediately, however if the player selects high-reactions units to approach them carefully and with high TU-reserves, then the reaction fire will be greatly reduced. One extra reason to do it this way is that Meridian's style of play doesn't allow room in the craft for a coelacanth, thus it'd be nice if he weren't forced to use one.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 09:56:28 am by The Reaver of Darkness »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: December 26, 2018, 12:00:37 pm »
First nerf was about power, second and third - about reaction and TU.
 I agree about psychological aspect. But if players think that this missions are boring - then i should do something.

Offline tinky winky

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: December 27, 2018, 06:40:02 pm »

polyps should not be weakened, you need to give a reward for a mission with polyps (let's say elerum - this would explain the reason for their appearance (mutation due to extraterrestrial substance), let it fall out from the corpses, at the beginning there will be a normal increase in money). and change the picture of the mission "the place of the fall of the old UFO," why is the man in the picture screaming? where is this man? under water? I did not find him) with love from Russia.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: December 27, 2018, 08:00:43 pm »
polyps should not be weakened, you need to give a reward for a mission with polyps (let's say elerum - this would explain the reason for their appearance (mutation due to extraterrestrial substance), let it fall out from the corpses, at the beginning there will be a normal increase in money). and change the picture of the mission "the place of the fall of the old UFO," why is the man in the picture screaming? where is this man? under water? I did not find him) with love from Russia.
Allready implemented that way.
Exactly what Meridian have encountered in the beginning of last playtrough episode.

niculinux

« Reply #748 on: December 29, 2018, 03:28:40 pm »
If not weakened, at lesat their fore reaction shoukd be slowered down, it's almost impossible firefighting with these :'(

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: December 30, 2018, 05:56:38 am »
Yeah, that was a cool thing! I think Meridian overreacted to the polyps. He didn't lose any soldiers, and got some cool loot. I'd have been excited!