Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61)  (Read 676972 times)

Offline Dantalion

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.20)
« Reply #720 on: November 01, 2018, 11:51:44 pm »
Alright, wanted to try out some things from newer versions after finishing the mod with 2.15.
Then immediately stumbled upon a crash - it's a backwards compatibility thing (old save), but since it's a late-game feature, maybe nobody noticed yet.
Even though it can be worked around easily, I still think I need to report this:
>Starting a battlescape or opening inventory of soldier equipped with Ogre armor will crash.
Here's the log:
Spoiler:
[02-11-2018_00-45-50]   [FATAL]   A fatal error has occurred: Sprite .SPK not found
[02-11-2018_00-45-50]   [FATAL]   0x88d210 OpenXcom::CrossPlatform::stackTrace(void*)
[02-11-2018_00-45-50]   [FATAL]   0x8908a0 OpenXcom::CrossPlatform::crashDump(void*, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)
[02-11-2018_00-45-50]   [FATAL]   0x4015a0 exceptionLogger()
[02-11-2018_00-45-50]   [FATAL]   0xc29308 MPEGaction::MPEGaction()
[02-11-2018_00-45-50]   [FATAL]   0x66a5a0 OpenXcom::Mod::getSurface(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, bool)
[02-11-2018_00-45-50]   [FATAL]   0x8fd680 OpenXcom::InventoryState::init()
[02-11-2018_00-45-50]   [FATAL]   0x8f4c20 OpenXcom::InventoryState::btnNextClick(OpenXcom::Action*)
[02-11-2018_00-45-50]   [FATAL]   0x766d9cee malloc
[02-11-2018_00-45-50]   [FATAL]   0x401810 SDL_main
[02-11-2018_00-45-50]   [FATAL]   0xaad280 console_main
[02-11-2018_00-45-50]   [FATAL]   ??
[02-11-2018_00-45-50]   [FATAL]   0x76a5342b BaseThreadInitThunk
[02-11-2018_00-45-50]   [FATAL]   0x774497cf RtlInitializeExceptionChain
[02-11-2018_00-45-50]   [FATAL]   0x774497cf RtlInitializeExceptionChain
[02-11-2018_00-45-51]   [FATAL]   OpenXcom has crashed: Sprite .SPK not found
Looking into battle.cfg (since it was reproducible with "new battle" mode too), it looks like the old version used STR_WALKER2 as armor ID, now it uses STR_WALKER2_UC. Likely the source of the issue.
There's an obvious easy workaround though, unequipping the "old" armor will delete it from your inventories and manufacturing & equipping a new one will work properly.
Not sure that Cyclop armor is not affected, I did not really have it in my old save. If the ID was changed, then it's the same thing.

So yeah, up to author if that's a minor issue or it should be fixed.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 12:01:56 am by Dantalion »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: November 02, 2018, 06:00:28 am »
From the one side - it is a bug, and must be fixed.
But from the other - now these things done as they SHOULD.
So i prefer to fix savegames of those, who will encounter such issue.
Also i understand, that it is bad decision, if we talk about version compatibility, programming principes, etc. But...
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 06:35:02 am by Nord »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: November 02, 2018, 12:12:27 pm »
Backwards compatibility issues are not bugs.
I recommend ignoring them... otherwise after a while you would only be fixing such issues... or not doing anything else.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: November 10, 2018, 09:27:05 pm »
Two bugs:

1. after researching Self-propelling projectiles... I got too much new stuff in the pedia... I assume Heavy Cannon, HydroJet Cannon and Torpedo Laucher should not have been uncovered.

2. Triton has holes... ouch

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: November 10, 2018, 10:14:58 pm »
Possible bug in the same vain as Meridian's post. There looks to be a hole in the Posiden-see attached.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: November 11, 2018, 11:55:30 am »
Possible bug in the same vain as Meridian's post. There looks to be a hole in the Posiden-see attached.
Ah, there it is!

Upd.: Version 2.21 is up.
Changelog:
 - fixed hole in triton/poseidon;
 - fixed officer laser pistol accuracy;
 - fixed item categories;
 - fixed facility moving price;
 - fixed human corpses size;
 - increased weight of plasma cannon;
 - small fixes;
 - added two help articles in USOpedia about hotkeys;
 - new background in some mission briefings;
 - seaman now called fishfood. (by Meridian);
 - newest english text redaction. (by long6oarder).
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 04:20:29 pm by Nord »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: November 13, 2018, 12:50:37 pm »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: November 13, 2018, 02:37:29 pm »

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.21)
« Reply #728 on: November 14, 2018, 03:59:43 pm »
Really enjoying my current game of TWOTS, I have just updated to v2.21 but was wanting to know two things: I'm currently in November of the first year and my research progress is 33%, I have just started researching the sonic pistol. What is the expected playing time for a game as if you go by the research percentage it will take close to three years to do near 100%. My second question after getting creamed by Lobstermen is the following:
Spoiler:
What was your thinking behind doubling their armor compared to what is in armors.rul of xcom2. Aren't they hard enough? Well maybe it's my own fault for playing on Superhuman difficulty.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: November 14, 2018, 06:21:18 pm »
Really enjoying my current game of TWOTS, I have just updated to v2.21 but was wanting to know two things: I'm currently in November of the first year and my research progress is 33%, I have just started researching the sonic pistol. What is the expected playing time for a game as if you go by the research percentage it will take close to three years to do near 100%. My second question after getting creamed by Lobstermen is the following:
Spoiler:
What was your thinking behind doubling their armor compared to what is in armors.rul of xcom2. Aren't they hard enough? Well maybe it's my own fault for playing on Superhuman difficulty.
Thank you.
I predict length of the game from 14 to 16 months for save scummers and from 16 months to 2 years for normal play. But real time can be showed only by players.
Lobstermen have better armor than in vanilla, but less health.

Offline long6oarder

• Captain
  • Your X-Com must be quite precious to you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: November 30, 2018, 08:18:14 pm »
Hi Nord,

I want to start by telling you what a great job you did on the
Spoiler:
alien barge mission.
It is super well done, very detailed, and extremely challenging. If I wasn't a such a save-scumming piece of shit, I would never have completed the mission with the current tech I have. My curiosity got the best of me, though, and I really just wanted to see more of the mission, so I kept going even though it was clear very early on that I did not deserve to even get to turn 10.

So I have some bugs to report for you. I have attached save files in a zip folder so that people can't see the names of the saves. I tried to name them after the bugs so you can find your way through them easily.

Spoiler:
Before I forget, I attached a save at the start of the mission in case you need it for something. I will just call the aliens "aliens" because I know people look at the spoilers anyway.

The first thing you notice is that you can walk off the front back and sides of the ship. That's fine for the player because he will figure out right away not to do that, or he can go explore the outside of the barge with the aqua-lung or exosuit (which I did bc it was really cool).

The problem is that the aliens can walk off the edge, too. IDK why the hell they would, but one did when I played. In save 101 you can see him at the top rear deck of the barge, thinking about jumping, and I saved right before he does it. Save 102 is another save some time later just after I found him. Also save 102 is a good chance to see if you think the exosuit might be a bit overpowered, because I had one instance where I took 3 shots from that alien with no damage. Could just be luck, though.

A similar issue can be found in save 201. There you will see a (large) alien that has wandered completely away from the action. I chased him all over the place because I didn't think to use debug mode until really later on (like turn 70).  :'(

In save 301, I have a large alien basically pinned down at that elevator. He wants to come up and attack, but if I don't move, he can't come up. This exploit existed in vanilla, too, so I guess it's not a bug, but it can also cause inconvenience. I can't free up that path without losing someone or doing something exploitative. Just something to think about. I think everybody knows about this issue with TFTD.

Save 401 is not a bug. It shows a person called "Yehide" towards the lower back of the barge. I am asking you to consider putting a small/narrow door there to link that back corner room with the largest room. Otherwise there's just a big dead end there which was kind of annoying. It's just a minor request, though. I really think the level is beautifully done.

The last save, save 501, is for you to have so you can review the end of mission stats. Just shoot a torpedo at the central elevator with Lielit to kill the last large alien (who is "stuck" there again). In the mission stats, you can see that there are so many unique items to list that the list runs into the buttons. It looks to me that if you were to remove three unique loot items, then the whole list (including the total) should probably fit correctly on the page. If I may suggest: take out Alien Reanimation Zone (since there are only 2, and maybe it doesn't make sense on the barge anyway), and for the other two, I don't know (but maybe alien sub construction (since it's a barge, not a sub), and alien cloning (since it's not a base)). It's up to you. I guess it depends also one what objects you show in the barge.

This last one makes me feel kinda stupid, but I find that the large torpedo and heavy torpedo sprites are somewhat difficult to tell apart at a glance. Could the heavy torpedoes get a blue ring or something, since the Advanced Torpedo launcher has noticeably wider blue rings at each end?

I also noticed that I can't manufacture the Vibro Blade, even though I have researched it. See save 601. That might not be a bug, though.

Thanks for reading.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: December 01, 2018, 04:56:28 pm »
Code: [Select]
  - id: STR_SMART_TORPEDO
    type_id: 14
    section: STR_WEAPONS_AND_EQUIPMENT
    image_id: SMARTTORPUPIMAGE
    text: STR_SMART_TORPEDO_UFOPEDIA
    requires:
     - STR_SMART_TORPEDOES
    listOrder: 3538

smart torpedo pedia article should also require adv. launcher

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: December 11, 2018, 05:55:46 am »
Version 2.22 is up.
Changelog:
 - added new rare item: handheld mc-shield;
 - improved routes of many normal maps, focused on floating units;
 - increased weight of explosives;
 - minor changes in enemy resistances;
 - fixed Usopedia order;
 - fixed small bugs in research;
 - minor bugfixes;
 - newest spellcheck from long6oarder included.

Also, for Meridian:
Spoiler:
Cormorants do not need pilots, exosuits can float, shrimps can carry light weapons and heavy drones are basically tanks, which ones are very useful for no-saving play.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 06:02:22 am by Nord »

Offline BlackStaff

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.22)
« Reply #733 on: December 11, 2018, 11:11:21 am »
Thank you very much !  :)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.22)
« Reply #734 on: December 16, 2018, 11:02:27 am »
Very Large USO doesn't give any Magnetic Navigation.