aliens

Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61)  (Read 676598 times)

Offline long6oarder

• Captain
  • Your X-Com must be quite precious to you...
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.19)
« Reply #705 on: October 14, 2018, 09:33:43 pm »
Your work is highly appreciated. Of course most updated version shall be used. Sorry for not all done from your posts, distractions IRL. :)

Thanks, Nord. :) I am glad you are satisfied.

Solarius Scorch, thanks for taking care of the file conversion. Is there something I should do differently in the future that would make your work easier, or is this kind of a one time thing?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #706 on: October 15, 2018, 12:50:54 am »
Ok, yaml works fine (as it should be). Do you want that i reupload archive with those files?

No thanks, no need, unless you have a new version - then please send it to me and I'll make an update.

Your work is highly appreciated. Of course most updated version shall be used.

All right, then I'll use long6oarder's version.

Solarius Scorch, thanks for taking care of the file conversion. Is there something I should do differently in the future that would make your work easier, or is this kind of a one time thing?

Just work with Nord; as I wrote above, if there is a new version, Nord should send it to me and I will update it.

EDIT: It's ready!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 01:31:06 am by Solarius Scorch »

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: October 15, 2018, 08:16:42 pm »
@Nord, could you please post the changelog for v2.19?

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #708 on: October 15, 2018, 08:18:46 pm »
Heya Nord!
Poet, Ohartenstein and I were talking about Meridian's first vid.  We all thought there could be a really good improvement to your dropzones from the flying boat.

How about having the squad face in all directions?

ohartenstein23Today at 10:12 AM
Just do facings from 0 to 7 clockwise starting with the right-most aquanaut
    deployment:
      - [2, 6, 0, 0]
      - [4, 6, 0, 1]
      - [6, 6, 0, 2]
      - [8, 6, 0, 3]
      - [1, 4, 0, 7]
      - [3, 4, 0, 6]
      - [5, 4, 0, 5]
      - [7, 4, 0, 4]

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: October 16, 2018, 09:23:34 am »
Heya Nord!
Poet, Ohartenstein and I were talking about Meridian's first vid.  We all thought there could be a really good improvement to your dropzones from the flying boat.

Good idea. Will do.
@Nord, could you please post the changelog for v2.19?
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5566.msg104945.html#msg104945

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: October 19, 2018, 09:25:39 pm »
Heya Nord!

ohartenstein23Today at 10:12 AM
Just do facings from 0 to 7 clockwise starting with the right-most aquanaut
    deployment:
      - [2, 6, 0, 0]
      - [4, 6, 0, 1]
      - [6, 6, 0, 2]
      - [8, 6, 0, 3]
      - [1, 4, 0, 7]
      - [3, 4, 0, 6]
      - [5, 4, 0, 5]
      - [7, 4, 0, 4]

This seems to be somehow completely wrong.
Correct positions for Seamaster are as follows:

Code: [Select]
    deployment:
      - [6, 2, 0, 0]
      - [6, 4, 0, 1]
      - [6, 6, 0, 2]
      - [6, 8, 0, 3]
      - [3, 1, 0, 7]
      - [3, 3, 0, 6]
      - [3, 5, 0, 5]
      - [3, 7, 0, 4]

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: October 19, 2018, 09:43:27 pm »
That's what I get for counting from an image and not testing it.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: October 21, 2018, 06:46:48 pm »
A few bugreports:

1. mission descriptions are missing something... either the word "UNDER" should not be there or it should be followed by what is it actually under

2. second level in this mission should have special tiles marked as ENTRANCE (1), not as EXIT (13)... otherwise the abort mission dialog doesn't work and also item recovery doesn't work... and probably also some other things don't work

3. the dirt rubble is much taller than it looks like... so you cannot see aliens through it and you cannot shoot through it... for example that Aquatoid in the corner is stuck and you can't find him other than in debug mode... see also FPS screenshot

PS: also soldiers don't get full TU when they start a next stage of a multi-stage mission... this is a recent OXCE 5.1 bug... I will fix that

Offline long6oarder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: October 22, 2018, 09:26:27 am »

1. mission descriptions are missing something... either the word "UNDER" should not be there or it should be followed by what is it actually under

Nord, I noticed this one as well. Unfortunately I did not have a save file to give you. What's strange is that these missions DO have a marker name. Also, the mission briefing comes together properly in New Battle mode.

See the attached screenshot. The words "ALIEN ASSAULT" are the marker name, which appears on the geoscape when you click the location, and also appears in the mission briefing screen. This made the mission briefing screen a little tricky to prepare, since I always had to choose a title (the top line) which would flow well with the marker name, and the marker name always has to be concise enough to make clear what the mission is and also fit inside that small dialogue box on the geoscape.

This trick of having the title make a complete sentence with the marker name isn't too difficult in English, but I imagine translations to other languages will be more difficult because of this. Does anybody know a better way to do this?

Anyway, Nord, in my testing I could not figure out why just this ALIEN ASSAULT mission has this problem with the mission briefing. So far it's the only mission with this problem that I have found in my playthrough. The cheapest fix is just to delete the word "UNDER", but it would be nice to correct the cause of the error in case it happens in other missions, too. That's your choice, my friend.

Offline long6oarder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: October 22, 2018, 09:52:41 am »
I just finished watching Meridian's episode 5 of TWoTS. Meridian, I have to say that the Line of Fire obstructions highlighter is absolutely brilliant. It is elegant and very impressive.

Regarding the training pools, I also think they train up the aquanauts quite quickly. Compared to vanilla X-Com, it takes significantly less time to get good soldiers. I, for one, LOVE this, though! I know it's not the same as earning good soldiers through constantly struggling and training them in each mission, but I don't miss that part of the game. Training aquanauts used to mean making a conscious decision to hold off on completing the mission objectives just to shoot MC'ed Lobster Men with weak pistols so you can increase your aquanaut's firing accuracy. I hated doing that. It's even worse when training MC skills. WAY worse. I think it's a huge waste of time and very boring. It's probably the number one reason lose control of myself and save scum: I just don't want to re-train my soldiers.

In my recently started playthrough of TWoTS, I am not constantly stuck with the weakest, worst-performing aquanauts money can buy. After a month or two and a few real missions, they are decently reliable. Now, finally, every mission isn't a chess match. I can take risks! That is SO much more fun to me! I truly admire the patience and strategy I've seen in some of the Let's Play's, and watching them has made me a better player, but I guess I am just not always so patient. Especially if I have been playing for hours and it's like my fourth mission in that sitting, I just want to blast through it as much as I can. Otherwise, it's just too tedious and I need a break.

Anyway, maybe that's a super unpopular view about the missions, but I definitely feel this way. I love the new training pools. I don't think they are unrealistic either. Imagine an aquanaut's day: wake up, train, sleep, repeat. Their job is to stay fit for the missions. If they train every day or even just five days a week, I bet after 15 days (assuming the aquanaut goes on two missions per month), he would be stronger and a better marksman.

However you might feel about this, it seems like there is a good opportunity to introduce balancing for each difficultly level through nerfing/buffing of the training pools. I am curious what others think about this, or the training pools in general.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: October 31, 2018, 07:29:50 pm »
I am here, i have not forget about mod.
Version 2.20 is up.
Changelog:
 - fixed abandoned crypt map, terrain and text strings;
 - different directions for P8M deployement;
 - added a pair of ufopedia articles;
 - newest OXCE build used.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 07:32:48 pm by Nord »

Offline long6oarder

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.20)
« Reply #716 on: October 31, 2018, 09:55:09 pm »
Please find attached the updated English translations for v2.20.

Nord, I have converted my file to yml, and I have included your latest updates. It was easier than I expected :)

Users: Please copy this file into the following folder location and overwrite the en-US.yml which is already there.

...\TWoTS_2_20\User\mods\TWoTS\Language

Enjoy!

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: November 01, 2018, 01:12:13 am »
I just updated my current game of TWOTS from v2.19 to v 2.20 and a strange bug seems to be occurring. In the attached save my troops are all equipped with surface weapons, primed dye grenades and other equipment but once the Triton lands at any mission including the one on the save all my troops have absolutely nothing on them, can anyone help? The zip file contains all 5 of the other mods I'm using. The same thing happens when I run a test in new battle mode.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: November 01, 2018, 07:23:23 am »
I just updated my current game of TWOTS from v2.19 to v 2.20 and a strange bug seems to be occurring. In the attached save my troops are all equipped with surface weapons, primed dye grenades and other equipment but once the Triton lands at any mission including the one on the save all my troops have absolutely nothing on them, can anyone help? The zip file contains all 5 of the other mods I'm using. The same thing happens when I run a test in new battle mode.
All works fine for me. Maybe some mod conflict. I see you use a lot of them, do not know for what.
Like swapping small and very small uso's are allready done in TWoTS.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: November 01, 2018, 02:15:22 pm »
Did a fresh install and transferred the user folder from the old install and took off the mod swapping the two small uso's, going great now. Thanks for your help.