aliens

Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61)  (Read 677213 times)

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.15)
« Reply #405 on: July 27, 2018, 10:19:21 am »
Странно, "minDifficulty" есть только у миссий "Retaliation". В оригинале да, летали НЛО реже, на начальных уровнях сложности. Там общее число одновременно выполняющихся миссий меньше. Где-то я видел, что это можно регулировать. Или померещилось...

It is strange, "minDifficulty" is the only mission "Retaliation". In the original Yes, UFO flying less frequently, at the initial levels of complexity. The total number of concurrent missions there is less. Somewhere I saw that it can be regulated. Or imagined...

Offline yergnoor

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 27, 2018, 10:36:45 am »
Да, возможно, я ошибся, или регулирование общего числа миссий находится где-то в другом месте. К сожалению, мои познания в создании модов невелики.
Yes, maybe I was wrong, or the regulation of the total number of missions is somewhere else. Unfortunately, my knowledge of creating mods is not great.

Offline Amoebka

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 27, 2018, 12:56:35 pm »
STR_EXAMINATION_ROOM is part of the vanilla game

In my defense, this item was unused in TFTD itself.  ::) I'm still unsure where in this mod I can recover one of these.

And to butt into the conversation about difficulty and USO spawn rates. The lack of USO missios on beginner is NOT a thing in this particular mod. In fact, USOs still overspawn like crazy even after the infiltration tweak. The problem is there is absolutely no insentive to do any USO missions, since they don't provide anything of value. Money are plentiful and can't buy anything good anyway, and training is better done in the pools. All the valuable tech is locked behind bottlenecks of special missions, that sometimes can take ages to spawn.
I'm currently 14 game months in and I haven't seen a single mindworm mission yet. Given how all MC stuff is locked behind it, the mission should NOT be randomly generated. Same for the examination room, I guess. None of the missions I've done so far provided me with one, so I'm assuming you can only get it in one specific mission type that spawns with a low probability. Right now I'm stuck with no research topics and 40+ USOs per month, that I don't even bother dealing with because it's a complete waste of effort. Alien bases spread like crazy, and I still can't do them, because both MC and sonic weapons are locked behind seemingly random events that I wasn't lucky enough to get. My last playthrough attempt had 2 worm missions 10 months in, for reference. This randomness is better used for special bonus stuff, when essential research you need to survive is locked like this it's just very frustrating and not fun. At this point the game is a chore - no new things to play with and an evergrowing score quota to fill doing the same boring small USOs.

Offline Varana

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 27, 2018, 02:07:55 pm »
Same for the examination room, I guess. None of the missions I've done so far provided me with one

Try attacking big ships to get one. No special story mission, because it is vanilla stuff. Or tweak that STR_EXAMINATION_ROOM into your savefile to proceed. Or on low difficulty level use my rul file.

Have fun...

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 27, 2018, 02:35:06 pm »
Where do you copy the rul-file into?

What does it change?

Offline Varana

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 27, 2018, 06:01:03 pm »
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 11:29:32 pm by Varana »

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 27, 2018, 07:53:07 pm »
Excuse me, but you haven`t written, where the file is to be copied into and if it has to be renamed.

Offline Varana

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.14)
« Reply #412 on: July 27, 2018, 11:29:13 pm »
???
Usage: Copy the file into your TWoTS mod directory to the Ruleset subdirectory, start the game(!) (this loads the mod changes) and start "new game" on low or mid level.
I do not know the place and name of your TWoTS mod folder. In my setting it would be in user/mod/TWoTS/Ruleset/

Copy and play, no rename needed. It is no replacement of existing file, it is an add-on.

Offline 5taras

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 28, 2018, 08:04:28 am »
Barge mission crashes if one of aquanauts carries MC reader.
./OpenXcomEx
OpenXcom has crashed: Segmentation fault. This usually indicates something missing in a mod.

Offline 5taras

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 28, 2018, 08:06:14 am »
Could anyone give an advice? Barge mission is very long. I have to wait almost a minute for each turn. And that ear-hitting sound of dozens opening-closing doors. Even artifact mission is not that long. Thank You at advance.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 08:14:40 am by 5taras »

Offline Vesparco

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 28, 2018, 08:31:00 am »
In my defense, this item was unused in TFTD itself.  ::) I'm still unsure where in this mod I can recover one of these.

And to butt into the conversation about difficulty and USO spawn rates. The lack of USO missios on beginner is NOT a thing in this particular mod. In fact, USOs still overspawn like crazy even after the infiltration tweak. The problem is there is absolutely no insentive to do any USO missions, since they don't provide anything of value. Money are plentiful and can't buy anything good anyway, and training is better done in the pools. All the valuable tech is locked behind bottlenecks of special missions, that sometimes can take ages to spawn.
I'm currently 14 game months in and I haven't seen a single mindworm mission yet. Given how all MC stuff is locked behind it, the mission should NOT be randomly generated. Same for the examination room, I guess. None of the missions I've done so far provided me with one, so I'm assuming you can only get it in one specific mission type that spawns with a low probability. Right now I'm stuck with no research topics and 40+ USOs per month, that I don't even bother dealing with because it's a complete waste of effort. Alien bases spread like crazy, and I still can't do them, because both MC and sonic weapons are locked behind seemingly random events that I wasn't lucky enough to get. My last playthrough attempt had 2 worm missions 10 months in, for reference. This randomness is better used for special bonus stuff, when essential research you need to survive is locked like this it's just very frustrating and not fun. At this point the game is a chore - no new things to play with and an evergrowing score quota to fill doing the same boring small USOs.

This is a very good synthesis of the issue. Another thing is the ratio of the species you find. In my case aquatoids are very much ahead of the curve with very few spawns of gillman, naga and so. I am curious also to know the tech wall after Naga temples and cities ( which I believe I froze because I didn't research the alien key). I can use sonic tech and hybrid armor but I cannot progress further. MC is unlocked but thats's it. I find some Jellymen but nothing big enough to have a "next step" with them.

Offline 5taras

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 28, 2018, 11:30:47 am »
I managed to notice that Poseidon sub does not protect the crew inside from grenades and shots of enemies. It was nasty surprise that I had to sell that type of sub and turn to Triton. May be it's a feature, not a bug.

Offline Varana

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 28, 2018, 12:55:48 pm »
Poseidon sub does not protect the crew inside from grenades and shots of enemies.

Fixed that hole behind the door (lower half of the tile is open) for my gameplay. Don't know if it is bug or feature, I just don't like it.
Attached poseidon files for /Terrain folder.

If you think it is a feature, just do not stand on the tile north of the front door in the sub instead of using the files.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 28, 2018, 04:12:47 pm »
Hi to all!
Fixed that hole behind the door (lower half of the tile is open) for my gameplay. Don't know if it is bug or feature, I just don't like it.
Attached poseidon files for /Terrain folder.

If you think it is a feature, just do not stand on the tile north of the front door in the sub instead of using the files.
It is a bug. Thanks for quickfix.
I am on a vacation now, i have no PC at my hands, so i can not test some of your questions.
Therefore, i will do what i can and update mod soon.
To Vesparco: due to version changes and multiple bugfixing, if you missedalien key, please provide savegame. I will redact it to modern condition. If you start a new game, all must be fine.
Race encounters is always a matter of random, just as in vanilla. It is possible to soften this, and i will try to.
To 5taras: yes it is. But more enemies you kill, faster game will be.
To Amoebka: i hear you, will do what i can. And Examination room you can find in dreadnought, alien artifact sites(not allways) and some other deployments.

About easy and hard: now mechanics of retaliations and infiltrations can not be modified by difficulty.
I can lower other mission quantity, but yes, it will not make game easyer.
Maybe someone can make a suggestion?
(Also, as i understand, nerfing infiltration was not enough?)

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 28, 2018, 05:59:43 pm »
@Nord:
The infiltraion nerf didn`t vanish the too high density of ships coming per month enough.
Maybe the bases shouldn`t spawn infiltrations at all?
Just an idea.  8)

In my opinion that is the biggest problem of your mod.

On highest difficulties things can be kept.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 08:06:11 pm by LouisdeFuines »