Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61)  (Read 689982 times)

wcho035

Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.45)
« Reply #1515 on: April 23, 2020, 01:05:31 pm »
The consultation I have in mind, for example, rul file changes. Like Armour.rul to make your mod compatible, the damage modifier has to be updated to my hybrid mod like having plasma damage included for your units and etc. Which weapon can use on land or sea.

We will talk more when the time comes. I need to finished up with Reaver on his mod integration with my mod.

This is not something to be done over night, like 6 months down the line. Sooner if I can find volunteers to help convert your resources to UFO standard.

I am going to start a new tread on Work in Progress for this. Thanks.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: April 23, 2020, 05:05:16 pm »
The mod unwinnable on superhuman. Sadly but no balance at all. Aliens use MC attacks and you have not fully protected aquanauts from beginning as it was in classic games. Lobsters came to base when you have no weapons to deal with them. Unbeatable two stages missions because lack of MC protection and armor. Unlocking technologies require aliens ranks who use MC or not even shows up in game like sometimes sharks never shows up. November or December 100% loss. 

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: April 23, 2020, 05:10:39 pm »
The mod unwinnable on superhuman. Sadly but no balance at all.

There's no need to say that it is unwinnable and unbalanced.

1/ There are many people who have won the game on superhuman... so it is definitely winnable.

2/ And balance is a completely subjective thing, what is balanced for me might not be balanced for you, or vice versa.
I say it is perfectly balanced.

Offline vadracas

• Colonel
  • Just another player/modder combo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: April 23, 2020, 05:27:39 pm »
The mod unwinnable on superhuman. Sadly but no balance at all. Aliens use MC attacks and you have not fully protected aquanauts from beginning as it was in classic games. Lobsters came to base when you have no weapons to deal with them. Unbeatable two stages missions because lack of MC protection and armor. Unlocking technologies require aliens ranks who use MC or not even shows up in game like sometimes sharks never shows up. November or December 100% loss. 

Why not play on a lower diff?

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: April 23, 2020, 06:33:41 pm »

1/ There are many people who have won the game on superhuman... so it is definitely winnable.

How many of them beat the game without instant grenades, line of sight MC control and other things what made game easy? And only Ironman mode.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: April 23, 2020, 06:49:57 pm »
How many of them beat the game without instant grenades, line of sight MC control and other things what made game easy? And only Ironman mode.

I don't know. Half of them?

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: April 23, 2020, 06:54:23 pm »
Don't wanna provoke you, but may be in far future you I'll redo this game on hardest difficulty, so no-hands people like me something learn some useful tricks.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: April 23, 2020, 07:15:06 pm »
Don't wanna provoke you, but may be in far future you I'll redo this game on hardest difficulty, so no-hands people like me something learn some useful tricks.

Sure. I'm definitely planning on playing this awesome mod again. On Superhuman, why not.

PS: I assume Superhuman will be even easier for me than Veteran. More aliens = more loot = more money = quicker and easier progression. Very similar to vanilla.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: April 23, 2020, 08:56:48 pm »
OK, looking forward for it. Sorry for requesting it here, but could you add me to you aquanaut list? Just change the name to single word "Shirobara" because my "White Rose" written not so correct, using Japanese rules. Or whatever call me how you want and kills as much as possible because I'm annoying, awful, crying and tilted person who definitely deserves it.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: April 24, 2020, 08:23:52 pm »
Officially I'm suck:

Difficulty not an issue. Only did Antarctica 2 stages, -861 for fail on cargo ship against Aquatoids. Managed unlock the Gauss but haven't found any dreadnought to keep progress further. They just build bunch of bases and float entire globe with HKs. Send poor Triton to landed one, but another pop up and killed me because I accidentally enter the enemy base detection range which I haven't discover yet. And I'm not unlocked any Barracudas yet. Buoys helps, just bad luck with enemy base on the way. Should send buoy there first.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: April 25, 2020, 04:09:43 am »
Officially I'm suck:.
Accomplished 18, failed 13. Well, yes.
Did you try original TFTD. Or maybe change tactic. More smoke, more explosives.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: April 25, 2020, 03:34:03 pm »
Original TFTD is very easy. Unlock the sonic fast make oscillators. Equip the ship destroy any USO except dreadnought. Land on any terror, 2 stages or artifact site and leave it. Easy plus always without troubles because will get positive score just destroying  USOs. No HKs at all. No need do colony, just wait for lobstermen dreadnought. 100 MC resistant guys from beginning, not all of them of course but as soon as MC lab build up you can filter high MC resistant guys and sack rest. 2 hours 30 minutes to speedrun it. I'm not speedrunner just saw how others did. And this:

3rd January beginner. -20 is ok, just surprised what it shows up so early.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: April 27, 2020, 01:25:49 pm »
This guy, who corpse now =)

Shooted this drone (new one) and destroyed it using shotgun:

Seriously? Shot range weapon now shoots through entire map?

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: April 27, 2020, 03:17:41 pm »
Maybe. Actually, he can aim completely another target, but critically miss. :-)

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: April 28, 2020, 05:25:23 pm »
Small bug may be? Question marks everywhere: