aliens

Author Topic: [DONE] [Suggestion] Dropoff in Percent and powerRangeReduction doesn't go minus.  (Read 2954 times)

Offline drages

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Hey

I am working on my mod's coding part and i want to use all the tactical stats of a weapon to make every weapon really unique and like more real life versions. I am using all the armour destroying, armor penetrating, power ranges, max ranges, dropoff, to stun,time,armour.. anything.. so a pistol will be a really short range weapon with fast shooting, a LMG with armour destroying bullets and a shotgun which paralyze the target with some TU damage and stun damage support (as they are mostly non-lethal using at RL)..

So everything is as percentage and it's very nice. Just one thing.. As i know that, dropoff is still flat at xce and xce+. It's really pain to try to calculate dropoff for every weapon/weapontype as flat numbers.. It would be much useful if the hit change drops as percentage.

And when i use powerRangeReduction and check it with pressing CTRL in game, i see that i goes "minus" damage. I do not know it's healing or not after it became minus, but it does not make sense even it's visual.. just seeing your gun makes "-8" damage is not right. :) So let it stop at 0 like the acc dropoff..

thx!

« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 03:07:26 pm by Meridian »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Hey

I am working on my mod's coding part and i want to use all the tactical stats of a weapon to make every weapon really unique and like more real life versions. I am using all the armour destroying, armor penetrating, power ranges, max ranges, dropoff, to stun,time,armour.. anything.. so a pistol will be a really short range weapon with fast shooting, a LMG with armour destroying bullets and a shotgun which paralyze the target with some TU damage and stun damage support (as they are mostly non-lethal using at RL)..

So everything is as percentage and it's very nice. Just one thing.. As i know that, dropoff is still flat at xce and xce+. It's really pain to try to calculate dropoff for every weapon/weapontype as flat numbers.. It would be much useful if the hit change drops as percentage.

As a percentage of what?

And when i use powerRangeReduction and check it with pressing CTRL in game, i see that i goes "minus" damage. I do not know it's healing or not after it became minus, but it does not make sense even it's visual.. just seeing your gun makes "-8" damage is not right. :) So let it stop at 0 like the acc dropoff..

thx!

It doesn't heal :)
I can cap it at zero if that helps.

Offline drages

• Colonel
    • View Profile
As a percentage of what?

Hmm it's a good point. I would like to see it the total hit change of the unit who fires the gun. Please correct me if i know wrong, the calculation of the hit possibility is:

"units acc * %weapon's acc of shooting type=hit chance".

So this weapon's acc is changing per weapon and it's shooting types. I think dropoff should use the % of the "hit chance". With this i can say that, my hit chance will go "0" after 5 tile when i use dropoff:0.2. Otherwise, when you use flat numbers, you can have "0" chances even inside the weapon range. This will help to the balance calculations. I would like to have a choice to use it as % at least, if i can have it.

Yeah capping 0 would be very nice and not confusing.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile

thx!

Fixed.
It doesn't go below zero anymore.