Author Topic: [UFO MEGAMOD] Reaver's Faithful Megamod  (Read 74487 times)

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [UFO MEGAMOD] Reaver's Faithful Megamod
« Reply #120 on: February 18, 2020, 02:11:37 pm »
Tried to start a new game of your mod v1.42 but get an error message-see attached. I'm using the latest oxce. Would provide save but game won't even start.

EDIT:
I seem to have worked out what was causing the problem-attached mod seems incompatible with your mod but I don't know why?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 02:23:19 pm by SIMON »

Offline Lord_Kane

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 19, 2020, 06:09:07 am »
Tried to start a new game of your mod v1.42 but get an error message-see attached. I'm using the latest oxce. Would provide save but game won't even start.

EDIT:
I seem to have worked out what was causing the problem-attached mod seems incompatible with your mod but I don't know why?

Reaver's mod makes changes to the HWP research tree and then SECTOPOD HWP6 v1.0 makes changes as well that are not compatible with each other, not all mods are fully compatible with each other just as a note of reference.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 06:12:15 am by Lord_Kane »

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 19, 2020, 11:57:57 pm »
attached mod seems incompatible with your mod but I don't know why?

Faithful revamps the laser weapons research tree, including outright deleting some projects such as STR_LASER_CANNON. If you open up your copy of Faithful's research.rul file in a ruleset editor (such as Notepad++), you can remove the lines that say anything like
Code: [Select]
delete: STR_LASER_CANNON and it should allow the mods to work together, however it may cause undesirable results such as having laser technologies that don't unlock the thing they say they are.

edit:
It should be noted that the Sectopod HWPs mod fails to load on its own.

I made an add-on mod to enable playing Faithful along with other mods that require the original laser weapons research tree: https://openxcom.mod.io/remove-reavers-laser-research-tree
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 12:54:32 am by The Reaver of Darkness »

Offline Unmadesoldier

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 18, 2020, 04:21:33 pm »
Since auto laser weapons are a thing and we have pulsed laser craft weapon as well as plasma equivalents wouldn't it be fair to get auto laser tanks and auto plasma gun hover tanks?

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 18, 2020, 10:35:51 pm »
Since auto laser weapons are a thing and we have pulsed laser craft weapon as well as plasma equivalents wouldn't it be fair to get auto laser tanks and auto plasma gun hover tanks?

It's an excellent idea and one I toyed with. In the end, I rejected it because autofire tanks are basically just crappy soldiers that have a single point of failure. The real power of tanks is in supporting soldiers. They have more armor than soldiers, or they hit harder than a soldier. Four soldiers with heavy plasmas is a way better autofire platform than any tank could ever be--it's 8 high-accuracy and high power shots per turn--and they can stand behind a guardian hovertank for defense.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 10:37:39 pm by The Reaver of Darkness »

Offline padtedesco

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 10, 2020, 11:49:00 am »
Hello.

First, amazing Mod out there. I played your mod first and it was amazing

Second. I cannot find another topic to talk about this, so i will here. I was playing Your mod together with the Hybrid Mod in Dual History and found a few bugs.

1 - Alien Base retaliation is too fast.
I like to have 3 working bases before January ends (the headquarters and two support bases to cover important nations). In the Hybrid/Reaver it is almost impossible to create those bases, cause they are attacked a week, 2 week tops after being built. No radar or hangar can be made before that happen to even detect a single ufo.

2 - There is no smoke texture, the smoke grenade works, but there is no visual change.

3 - To install the mod I tries the steps on the mod download page and it kept giving me error messages. Only after dowloading your full mod and copy paste on the /user/mods it worked.

Again, amazing mod

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 18, 2020, 04:49:26 pm »
Thanks for the detailed feedback! Unfortunately there's not much I can tell you for these. The second item isn't happening in the base Faithful mod so it must be a bug with the hybrid version. I haven't been able to sink much time into modding lately, including when the hybrid version of Faithful was developed, so it can be a lot buggier than the basic mod.

The first thing you mentioned is actually a long-standing issue in the vanilla game, and while Faithful gives you a partial fix to it, that fix is overturned in Hybrid Faithful due to me not having time to re-work the retaliation missions. Instead I just removed my version. In basic Faithful, the early-game base attacks usually come in Terror Ships--they still hit your base just as hard, but they can be shot down with as little as two missile defenses.

Thanks for reminding me: I still need to update Faithful to make ALL of the retaliation ships Terror Ships at first, and then later in the game they all become battleships. edit: change implemented in upcoming version 1.4.6.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 12:24:02 pm by The Reaver of Darkness »

Offline Dogbarian

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 12, 2021, 07:33:32 pm »
Greetings!  Looking forward to trying this megamod pack, but I'm getting an error on game launch.   Mod version is 1.4.7 - does this version require OXCE?  I'm just running OXC at the moment.  I turned off all other mods.  Game version is: OpenXcom Version: 1.0 git 2020-12-14 03:40

Error is:
Error for 'STR_HOVERTANK_PLASMA_GUARDIAN': offset '29' exceeds mod size limit 28 in set 'Projectiles'
I'm open to commenting out this tank, if someone can suggest how to do so (at least as a test to see if I get any other load errors).  I'm able to use other mods without errors, including launching the 2.8 version of FMP.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 13, 2021, 12:02:06 am »
This look like not enough reserved space by mod for its resources in common collections.
Try add `reservedSpace: 2` to mod `metadata.yml`

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 13, 2021, 06:27:03 am »
Version 1.4.7 has reservedSpace: 2 and it works fine for me in OXC 2019-12-01 (an older nightly), OXC 2021-01-22 (the latest nightly), and OXCE 6.8.3.

Make sure you aren't running any other mods. It is probably a conflict with another mod.

Offline Dogbarian

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 13, 2021, 08:26:07 pm »
Version 1.4.7 has reservedSpace: 2 and it works fine for me in OXC 2019-12-01 (an older nightly), OXC 2021-01-22 (the latest nightly), and OXCE 6.8.3.

Make sure you aren't running any other mods. It is probably a conflict with another mod.

No I disabled all user mods. I’m not positive at this point whether I turned off all of the XCOMUtil items, if that matters. I’ll download the latest nightly this afternoon and try that.

Thanks!

Offline Dogbarian

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 14, 2021, 02:38:27 am »

Same error with the latest nightly.  I did have XCOMUtil StatStrings and Aliens Pick up Weapons enabled, but turning them off makes no difference to the error.  Even did a fresh install with the nightly EXE, to copy in fresh data from my Steam folders.

I'm running in Windowed mode, since I haven't found a fullscreen option that works for me, need to try the various filters - so far, when I've tried them, most of them give me a segmentation error.  But everything else I've tried has worked fine in Windowed mode.  In fact, I get the same errors before I even activate any mods (trying the filters in full screen mode).

Would this make a difference?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 02:40:57 am by Dogbarian »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 14, 2021, 08:29:30 am »
Try replacing the mod's metadata.yml file with the one attached in this post.

Offline Dogbarian

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 14, 2021, 08:15:32 pm »
Try replacing the mod's metadata.yml file with the one attached in this post.

Same error.  Attached is my log file - launched successfully with no mods, activated the reaver full mod, and on that reload, crashes.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 14, 2021, 08:19:46 pm »
[14-02-2021_12-11-25] [INFO] - reaverxcom_full_1.4.7 v1.0

Your mod is not installed correctly, OpenXcom cannot find metadata.yml at all.

Don't put it into any subdirectories.
Extract it from the zip file as is.