Author Topic: connection timed out  (Read 5399 times)

Offline Biggieboy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
connection timed out
« on: March 11, 2017, 05:12:04 pm »
I try to update (03.03) Milestone, but its connection timed out (universal-patch.zip)

How can i fix this?

Thank you!

Offline sectopod

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: connection timed out
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 04:33:23 am »
provide the link you used. then maybe someone who is a maintainer of it will respond. did you check your internet connection?

Offline Biggieboy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 12:37:31 pm »
provide the link you used. then maybe someone who is a maintainer of it will respond. did you check your internet connection?

I download from this site. This is the link: https://openxcom.org/git_builds/openxcom_git_master_2017_03_12_0022.exe

This file its okey, but when i starting, this installer try to upload 1 more file (universal patch.zip). And its stopped 90% and write error: connection timed out. My internet connection its fine.

Thank you!

Offline Countdown

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 01:13:47 pm »
I never use the installer (I just download the zip file), but I tried the installer for the first time tonight because I can't get the latest version to work and thought maybe that would help (it didn't). Anyway, I got the same issue you did where it got to like 90% and then couldn't download the universal patch (my internet connection is also fine). So the installer must not be connecting properly or the patch isn't where it's supposed to be downloaded from or something (I have no idea, just guessing).

However, you can just apply the patch manually, you don't need the installer to do it. You can download the patch here and just cut and paste the files into your UFO folder to overwrite the appropriate files. Make sure you have a backup of the original game files first though just in case something goes wrong when applying the patch.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 04:59:20 pm by Countdown »

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 05:16:27 pm »
We changed to HTTPS so the old installer download links are probably broken, you can either just uncheck the "Data Patch" install or use one of the newest nightlies which should fix the issue.

Offline Biggieboy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 05:20:33 pm »
We changed to HTTPS so the old installer download links are probably broken, you can either just uncheck the "Data Patch" install or use one of the newest nightlies which should fix the issue.

I try the new installer, problem its same.

Uncheck Data Patch, and its work.

But what you think, if https its work fine, the problem its solved?

Thank you!

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 04:02:04 am »
Hmm you're right, seems the NSIS installer currently doesn't support HTTPS links, I'll see if I can fix that.

In the meantime you can just manually install the patch as Countdown described.

Edit: And it's fixed, for realsies now!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 11:06:36 pm by SupSuper »

Offline Biggieboy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2017, 05:54:41 pm »
Hmm you're right, seems the NSIS installer currently doesn't support HTTPS links, I'll see if I can fix that.

In the meantime you can just manually install the patch as Countdown described.

Edit: And it's fixed, for realsies now!

Tested, worsk fine!

Thank you!