aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1034775 times)

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #795 on: January 11, 2018, 06:51:19 pm »
Gray has the sorceress, Red has the moloch, and Green has the pestulator.  But where is Gold's ultimate outfit?  Surely it's not the fairy one and it's just not implemented yet, is it?

Also, is the moloch really not an exosuit?  How come the sorceress and pestulator get to go to Mars but not the moloch or even destructor?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: January 11, 2018, 11:43:04 pm »
Back in the earlier implementations you could take the destructor to cydonia, thou it wasn't documented in the pedia.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: January 13, 2018, 01:54:29 pm »
Gray has the sorceress, Red has the moloch, and Green has the pestulator.  But where is Gold's ultimate outfit?  Surely it's not the fairy one and it's just not implemented yet, is it?

The El Capitan uniform with its +100 bravery is not enough for you?

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: January 14, 2018, 09:29:24 am »
The El Capitan uniform with its +100 bravery is not enough for you?

After some more quick battle testing, I've confirmed that you can't wear that to Cydonia along with the Savior, Fairy, Witch, Destructor, and Moloch outfits.  Destruction and Excess are just shafted right now when it comes to Mars, though at least all but one codex can use the Bio suit and the one that can't still has the Sorceress.

Offline Ninawindia

• Captain
  • Certified cat girl, nya~
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: January 14, 2018, 10:04:44 am »
How rare are syn missions? I've never had one. Have had over 100 orbital missions though..

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: January 14, 2018, 01:52:58 pm »
How rare are syn missions? I've never had one. Have had over 100 orbital missions though..

Those are totally random and sometimes you get some, sometimes you don't.
The mission is called "Lost Spaceship"

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: January 14, 2018, 05:32:38 pm »
It's entirely possible to finish a game without ever seeing a single syn.

And while we're on the subject of RNG, let's say that the sectoids have been rare to nonexistent so you don't yet have the alliance necessary to buy meteor missiles.  What's the next best missile to use?

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: January 14, 2018, 10:55:15 pm »
It's entirely possible to finish a game without ever seeing a single syn.

And while we're on the subject of RNG, let's say that the sectoids have been rare to nonexistent so you don't yet have the alliance necessary to buy meteor missiles.  What's the next best missile to use?

The mixture of Stingray/Medusa and Hammerite. The lategame bomber can field 2x Hammerite (for maximum damage output to hull) and 1x stingray (or another hammerite) and 1x Medusa to punch through shields. The Hammerite is quite inacc. so you've to test out what does best in every situation. Implsion launchers should be rare and are even less acc.
If you feel lucky try avalance (300-900 [600] nuke) but you only got one shot.

Offline Lobsterman Bait

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: January 15, 2018, 12:07:08 am »
What do I need to build a Still? It's in my Bootypedia, and I already have an Extractor.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: January 15, 2018, 01:28:26 am »
Alchemy is needed to actually build stills.

We really need that tech tree viewer updated to show which tech allows what buildings to be built and what items to be purchased.

Implsion launchers should be rare and are even less acc.

These aren't actually so rare once viper fighters start showing up late in the game.  You're always guaranteed half of a plasma spitter and half of an implosion bomb launcher since, unlike with bombers, those loot drops aren't located in the engines and thus won't be destroyed if they explode.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 01:34:02 am by BBHood217 »

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: January 17, 2018, 03:59:46 am »
Where are the silacoids?  The last time I saw one (and only one) was several versions ago while attacking an ethereal UFO; never saw one in my latest playthrough but of course waspites, gazers, and sectopods were plentiful.  With the Church beastmaster able to tell about the silacoid, you'd think they'd use them too but I never saw them in any Church battles either.

Also, there's mention of a giant cockroach which I've never encountered.  Is it just rare or unimplemented?

Finally, I noticed that the cloning center allows soul gems to be revived back into magical girls.  Seems pointless as there's nothing to do with a magical girl once she's all researched out (and you can research the same one over and over), but maybe this is just a placeholder and the revival's real function in the future is to give you a magical girl of your own like a new type of hand or an auxiliary.  Is that about right?

Offline LuigiWhatif

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: January 17, 2018, 10:32:59 am »
I've seen silacoids on a church terror mission before and I remember rarely seeing them on a Star God terror mission too.  But the crew patterns that use them do seem to be pretty rare.

I recall fighting roaches on an early game mission where you have to save a castaway gal from a small bunker.  However there were several other enemy types that could spawn on those, so you must have missed them.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: January 17, 2018, 05:38:25 pm »
Church uses them all the time in terror missions now. They used to be all about chryssalids and celatids. Sadly, just like celatid and chryssalid, we never get to tame one.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: January 18, 2018, 02:00:50 am »
So it's all about the pogroms.  Just my luck then that the Church never did a pogrom, and especially not after I got the MSDF tech that gets rid of all pogroms except the freelance ones that only minor factions do.  So no more pogroms means no more boomosaurs (not that you can get those alive in the current version anyway) and silacoids.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: January 18, 2018, 02:41:33 pm »
Just my luck then that the Church never did a pogrom,

Nothing of value can be gained from church pogrom you can’t get more easily elsewhere and the church is pretty nasty, so good for you.