aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1065616 times)

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #3840 on: March 11, 2024, 07:16:52 pm »
Hey all!, what is controlling craft interior lightning? Ive recently noticed that on an older game my airbus interior has no light in night missions and in another more recent save, the craft interior has full lights and when i open doors it illuminates out like 10 meters. Is there a hotkey for that? (no i''m not talking about personal lights). Ive attached 2 snaps to see what i mean.

This looks like a case of Magna-Lite in item pile.

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3841 on: March 21, 2024, 09:48:52 pm »
hello
I have 3 hangars in my hideout, and had 3 crafts, then i removed one craft to another hideout but when i try to dismantle empty hangar, it still says that "building in use".
What do?

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3842 on: March 21, 2024, 10:21:34 pm »
Aren't Piratez hangars also stores? So, spring cleaning? :)

Edit: Stores and workshops. Spring cleaning and spring break for the runts!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 10:23:36 pm by Juku121 »

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3843 on: March 22, 2024, 07:40:21 am »
Aren't Piratez hangars also stores? So, spring cleaning? :)
Edit: Stores and workshops. Spring cleaning and spring break for the runts!
Thanx mate!

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3844 on: April 09, 2024, 09:06:19 pm »
Several times when my hideout is attacked, girl given Armoured car as armour is  spawned naked instead of deploying as an armoured car unit.
Is it some new rule that you can't use armored cars (and other similar units in assume) in hideout defence?

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3845 on: April 09, 2024, 09:35:30 pm »
It's probably the '15% of gals sleep in their undies' mechanic I was made aware of three days ago.

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3846 on: April 10, 2024, 02:16:39 pm »
Indeed. Gals are not very disciplined. Assign armored cars to humans, lokks, cats. Way more disciplined than gals.

Offline minimen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3847 on: April 10, 2024, 11:11:47 pm »
I'm playing as dumbass captain and he wants to build luxury spa which is quite a huge building. Do i need to build it on any base or only the main base counts?

Offline 2much

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3848 on: April 11, 2024, 01:23:22 pm »
Can someone please tell me what's wrong with my ammo mod?

Offline zombieguy223

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3849 on: April 11, 2024, 04:56:40 pm »
I'm playing as dumbass captain and he wants to build luxury spa which is quite a huge building. Do i need to build it on any base or only the main base counts?

Building it anywhere is fine. The check the game does for having a specific building only considers if you have one at all, it doesn't care where the building is located. I would recommend building it somewhere that has decent manufacturing capacity since you can use the luxury spa to upgrade courtesans and gladiatrixes into exotic dancers later on, but it's not necessary.

I am amused by the idea of having all of the CBT training facilities scattered across the world and the captain having to constantly fly between different continents to get all of her training done.

Can someone please tell me what's wrong with my ammo mod?

I think the issue is that you haven't declared that your edit is to the items: category in the rulesets. I've put that in and it now works on my end. I've attached it below.

Also, some advice. It's not good practice to copy over the entire entry for an item into a submod if you're only changing part of it. It adds bloat, hurts compatibility and most importantly, makes it harder to remember what exactly you changed.

Offline 2much

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3850 on: April 11, 2024, 07:35:37 pm »

I think the issue is that you haven't declared that your edit is to the items: category in the rulesets. I've put that in and it now works on my end. I've attached it below.

Also, some advice. It's not good practice to copy over the entire entry for an item into a submod if you're only changing part of it. It adds bloat, hurts compatibility and most importantly, makes it harder to remember what exactly you changed.

Thank you zombieguy223!!!!!  You have opened a whole new world to me!

Offline 2much

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3851 on: April 15, 2024, 08:11:56 pm »
For some reason the line "FixRadius: 0" does not work, but the other two edits do. Directly editing the line in the ruleset also works.
Demystify me please. Attachment below.

Edit: Added the metadata.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 09:55:02 pm by 2much »