Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1055144 times)

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #1275 on: August 08, 2018, 12:56:16 pm »
Is the starting ghost gal a one off halloween present, or can I get new ones? She was a really nice scout until that unfortunate thing with the traitor and the shotgun.

Are farms only for money?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: August 08, 2018, 01:00:26 pm »
There is the option to make more ghost eventually. There are 2 further versions of the plantation, one to make sectoweed, the other makes boomfruit.

Offline ivansanchez

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: August 08, 2018, 01:19:50 pm »
The thiefgear is something I never used.

Not even on mansion robberies? Having camo on night robberies is quite sweet IMO.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: August 08, 2018, 02:01:03 pm »
I prefer to do mansions with at least 13+ hands, alot of novice robes and during the day with a shitload of field-surgery kits on each hand and at least smart-pistols with PS ammo.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: August 08, 2018, 02:57:01 pm »
Shiny niner with electric ammo is the best option for mansions untill you reach endgame tech.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #1280 on: August 08, 2018, 03:51:31 pm »
Ew.  Theif armor.  No thanks.  Camo Paint is even better. :P

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: August 08, 2018, 10:39:01 pm »
I guess thief armor would be ok of you were going for a smash and grab rather than a full clear, they have a ton of inventory space.  Personally I think the negatives are a little too high to make use of them though.

KZad Bhat

« Reply #1282 on: August 08, 2018, 10:42:09 pm »
Theiving gear does have the advantage of more carrying capacity (4x3 backpack, motherfucker!), as well as reducing the weight you're carrying to begin with. Perfect for early mansion missions when you do grab and runs rather than clearing.
And as I posted this, Zippicus had already covered it, but I'm posting anyway.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: August 09, 2018, 12:45:38 pm »
Sounds like the way it's intended to work, considering the poor daytime vision score (-10 to normal dayvision).
So the earliest way is a pachyderm with 8 gals right? Some craft speedlimit seems to be in place.

On higher difficulties a no-go for a full clear but just snatching stuff and running is also a possibility to get a treasure chest or a liber occultus.

Offline incas

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: August 22, 2018, 07:38:54 pm »
Has something changed with cavern hunting? Iirc in my last play through I used it in the manufacturing window. I got the tech but there is no option even without supplies. (Extractor is existent, as are javelins and torches)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: August 22, 2018, 07:49:06 pm »
Do have the cavern hunting tech? if its been a long time since your last go around, it might have been part of of a different tech back then. There has been alot of rework of the early game tech tree over the last year or so.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: August 22, 2018, 08:04:22 pm »
Maybe you hid it by accident?

Offline incas

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: August 23, 2018, 01:38:45 pm »
Maybe you hid it by accident?
Exactly what happened. ::)

Offline arbee81

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: October 27, 2018, 10:55:17 am »
I'm having some trouble figuring out the best use for the electro-pulse ammo.  At first I thought it was to give more options for captures, but it tends to kill the lightly armored wimps like GOs.  Is it to help with stunning armored enemies?  I've had some luck using it on megapol, for example, but even then it tends to overstun. Is it just to give access to electric damage type?

Also, do secret base missions have a chance to fail if left alone?  Or a delay of a few months between the mission and the actual base appearing?  I had a moment of horror when I saw a Merc Secret base mission pop up on the ol hyperwave decoder, and basically resigned myself to the fact that base would be there for a loooong time.  Got the normal swarm of big ships, and I didn't even bother to land and abort to force the landed ships to start flying again.  But so far the base hasn't shown up.  The area was Europe and I have it and any conceivable approaches for the supply ships well covered with decoders or blimps, so I don't think I'm missing it.  I think it's been 2 months, maybe 3.  I'm not complaining, just...confused.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1289 on: October 27, 2018, 12:32:00 pm »
Well, maybe 5.0 merge fucked up base building as well, who knows. Normal major version upgrade crap that's beyond my knowledge or control. Your report has been noted.