Author Topic: [OLD] Old OXCE Future plans  (Read 51821 times)

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Re: OXCE Future plans
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2019, 09:40:01 am »
That is strange. gsmarena.com lists 3Gb RAM for Experia XA1 and that should be quite enough.

Paths-to-gamefiles should ever come up a single time, when you first don't have openxcom directory on the sdcard. Maybe you're moving it around or something?

Please tell more.

Several factors. First with Android devices, once you have them rooted, remove Google Maps and Google Play from Autostart. At least thats what i did with my phone. Those 2 Apps were eating through 1 Gb of Ram.... You can still use them normally, and my phone is now running fine.

Loading the actual modfiles, maybe to slow for Xpiratez and Hardmode.Even thou they should work. I recommend checking your SD card (if you use it as internal memory extension). I gave my phone a new SD card (128GB) and now everything is just better. Especially reading, writing and copying files.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2019, 10:11:31 am »
Paths-to-gamefiles should ever come up a single time, when you first don't have openxcom directory on the sdcard. Maybe you're moving it around or something?

Please tell more.

I had reports of people being stuck there... don't know the reason.
Uninstalling/deleting everything and starting fresh usually helped.

Offline yergnoor

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2019, 03:06:42 pm »
This also happens when you try to start a game with a mod that contains errors. For example, I tried to run the X-Piratez J10, once downloaded, but not tested then. But there were a mistake in the ruleset files. Instead of STR_SCOUT_OUTFIT_UC, STR_STR_SCOUT_OUTFIT_UC was written. Then the game interrupted the download and demanded to re-specify the data folder. But when I found this error and fixed it, everything worked fine. In the X-Piratez J10, this was fixed a long time ago, but I had an outdated version.
More similar happens when trying to simultaneously run two incompatible mods between themselves, there is some kind of conflict of rules.
Well, with some very outdated mods, if they do not meet modern standards.
I had reports of people being stuck there... don't know the reason.
Uninstalling/deleting everything and starting fresh usually helped.
When choosing which mods you need to restart OXC, this data is saved in the options.cfg file. If the mods cause a crash, then for any attempt to restart, the same conflicting modes will again be taken from the options.cfg file and start loading again, which again causes a conflict. There is a vicious circle - the mods can not be disabled, because the settings are not available.
There are two options. Either delete the mod that you tried to run from the mods folder, or delete the options.cfg file (you can still edit it). In either case, the conflicting mode stops loading and crash does not occur. Reinstalling the application on OXCE for Android does not help in this case, since the openxcom folder and the options.cfg file in it are not deleted from the device’s memory. And the launch of the newly installed OXCE leads to the same results.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2019, 03:18:47 pm »
When choosing which mods you need to restart OXC, this data is saved in the options.cfg file. If the mods cause a crash, then for any attempt to restart, the same conflicting modes will again be taken from the options.cfg file and start loading again, which again causes a conflict. There is a vicious circle - the mods can not be disabled, because the settings are not available.

There are two options. Either delete the mod that you tried to run from the mods folder, or delete the options.cfg file (you can still edit it). In either case, the conflicting mode stops loading and crash does not occur. Reinstalling the application on OXCE for Android does not help in this case, since the openxcom folder and the options.cfg file in it are not deleted from the device’s memory. And the launch of the newly installed OXCE leads to the same results.

This is a recent change in OXC: https://github.com/SupSuper/OpenXcom/commit/e212261dc019e1d9f4792fe3d33cb783e8da5d9a

Normally, the broken mods are disabled.
However, if you have "debug: true" in your options.cfg, the broken mods are not disabled automatically.

Offline yergnoor

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2019, 03:35:10 pm »
Oops!
I apologize, I once tried to enable this mode, but since there is no keyboard input on Android, I did not succeed. And debag: true remained in options.cfg.
Thanks for telling me.
But once before, I had to prompt many times to those who had such a problem, so that they would delete either the mod or the options.cfg file. And then they helped. I am glad that now this will no longer happen.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2019, 03:48:13 pm »
... but since there is no keyboard input on Android, I did not succeed. And debug: true remained in options.cfg.

I was playing around with keyboard input too recently... and although there is no easy way to force-open a standard keyboard... I found a so called "hacker keyboard" app, which can be opened at any time (from the notification panel).

Here's the APK I used: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zAvcACwPu4V3qgbLQNZ6SBAcmJbWJRIA

After installation, you can go somewhere in the settings and turn on the option to always show this keyboard in the notification area.

Offline yergnoor

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2019, 04:09:43 pm »
I was playing around with keyboard input too recently... and although there is no easy way to force-open a standard keyboard... I found a so called "hacker keyboard" app, which can be opened at any time (from the notification panel).
Thanks, I know the Hacker's Keyboard, but it seemed to me too inconvenient and difficult to use. Maybe because I do not have the habit of a real computer keyboard. Therefore, I asked the developer of the Jbak2 Keyboard used by me to add a similar keyboard call from the notification panel. In OXC for Android, everything works, most of the functions are available. But I haven’t figured out the Ctrl + combinations yet. It seems that they should work, but for some reason it did not work in OXCE. In general, while I have put off the attempts, all the more so as you can do without Ctrl +.

Offline RareOne

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2019, 06:01:16 pm »
This usually happens when you're using a language setting the mod doesn't support. 40k only uses en-US, check that you're set at that under Options > Video > Display Language
Thanks, that helped!

Please tell more.

Actually, I don't know waht to add more. I install the same way as other mods and they send me to choose the gamefiles each time. I have to switch them off in the options file. I don't know why that happens. Some version of Piratez works, some don't. Guess will just have to wait for a mod update that will work properly.

upd
X-Piratez J11 works fine :)

upd2
Hardmode works too! Yay!

Thanks everyone!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 06:42:18 pm by RareOne »

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2019, 03:15:03 pm »
I really hat to bring this up (again), but are there any news regarding the different hangar sizes?

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2019, 11:14:41 pm »
right now on shelf, but at some time I can back to it.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2019, 02:45:22 pm »
right now on shelf, but at some time I can back to it.
On the risk of sounding selfish - please do. I don't do much modding, but this is probably the most important addition i'm waiting for right now.

Offline Biggieboy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2019, 03:02:46 pm »
On the risk of sounding selfish - please do. I don't do much modding, but this is probably the most important addition i'm waiting for right now.

Did you try Building Mod pack? (with Large Hangar)

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2019, 03:36:01 pm »
Did you try Building Mod pack? (with Large Hangar)
Buildings aren't the problem, it's about the game supporting multiple craft and hangar sizes. Creating a 1x1 hangar is easy. The hard part is allowing only certain craft to use it.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 03:39:08 pm by krautbernd »

Offline Biggieboy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2019, 06:03:08 pm »
Buildings aren't the problem, it's about the game supporting multiple craft and hangar sizes. Creating a 1x1 hangar is easy. The hard part is allowing only certain craft to use it.

Its not 1x1, its 3x3 with 4 craft capacities, and Large workshop with 1 craft cap. But yes, only 1 craft show, not more.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2019, 10:11:45 pm »
This I want implement is that each hangar can accept only some types of craft. Image rocket launcher pad that allow only IBM, or garage that allows cars, not space ships.

Probably biggest problem was automatic handling of free space. You have X^Y combinations to check. Last time I worked on this it did needed lot of testing to work correctly. And testing is not thing that programmers like doing :>
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 12:58:22 am by Yankes »