aliens

Author Topic: [OLD] Old OXCE Future plans  (Read 51827 times)

Offline Finnik

• Colonel
  • Finnik#0257
    • View Profile
Re: OXCE Future plans
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2019, 12:26:51 pm »
There is a flasbang grenade in XCF, I can make like that standalone, if someone needs it

Offline drages

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2019, 05:32:55 pm »
Hey Yankee!

I told you something about weapons using different amount of ammo per shot years ago. You said it would be simple but then stopped because it will be hard to change it without something about default game.

So let me repeat what i want to have. Mostly for energy weapons which uses battery like magazines, a weapons should able to use different amount of ammo per shot. So for example you got a heavy laser and it has a low power shot and high power shot.. so high power shot would consumes "3" ammo rather then one. It makes this kind of weapons very special.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2019, 05:39:29 pm »
So let me repeat what i want to have. Mostly for energy weapons which uses battery like magazines, a weapons should able to use different amount of ammo per shot. So for example you got a heavy laser and it has a low power shot and high power shot.. so high power shot would consumes "3" ammo rather then one. It makes this kind of weapons very special.

Is this the only thing you want from this feature or is more hidden in the background?

I.e. what else is different between the 2 shots besides using more ammo...
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 05:41:48 pm by Meridian »

Offline drages

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2019, 06:15:58 pm »
Is this the only thing you want from this feature or is more hidden in the background?

I.e. what else is different between the 2 shots besides using more ammo...

Hmmm as background.. the "shot" should have more att. Here comes the "conf*****" code for shot types. As for now it has those (from the ruleset document):

Code: [Select]
- type: STR_Heavy_Laser
   confAimed:
     shots: 1
     name: STR_AIMED_SHOT
     ammoSlot: 0
     arcing: false

This is the best part for me because i can create my special shots. I use this mostly to create different burst shots for rifles and bigger weapons. But for an energy weapon, we need more to create more unique shots. I am not sure that you can add more att for this code part. But if you can use all att options here you can make anything you like.

For example;

Code: [Select]
- type: STR_Heavy_Laser
   confAimed:
     ammoconsume: 10
     power: 200
     maxrange: 20
     name: STR_FOCUSED_SHOT
     ammoSlot: 0
     damageAlter:
         RandomType: 6
         IgnoreOverKill: false
         ToArmorPre: 0.5
         ToStun: 0.75
         RandomWound: false
         ToWound: 0.12
         FireThreshold: 25.0
     arcing: false
    confSnap:
     ammoconsume: 5
     bulletpellet:5
     maxrange:5
     power: 10
     name: STR_SHOTGUN_SHOT
   confAuto:
     shots: 10
     ammoconsume: 2
     power: 5
     name: STR_CRAZY_AUTO_SHOT

So the point here, to create a weapon with multiple options as an energy weapon only can. Every shot should able to have all the damage att you can edit for main weapon itself.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2019, 06:21:14 pm »
I've been thinking about a similar option for the lasguns in the 40k mod - all of them should, for the most part, use the same power cell, but one of the more rare variants should use more energy charges per shot and do more damage.

One possible way of doing this would be to use a "onFiring" script that Yankes has been experimenting on. The weapon doesn't actually fire the ammo, but the loaded ammo is checked on firing with this script and consumed to give the shot more power. That way either certain shot types or different weapons could consume the energy cell faster or slower depending on how the script is written.

Offline drages

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2019, 06:54:25 pm »
Another thing is about manufacture. Some randomness. Yeah i know that it could be used for save-scumming but i don't think everybody would cheat at every possible way. Every game could be cheated anyway..

So i think manufacture results should able to give some items with some percentages. This would bring some unique things into the game rather then just directly having it with a linear way.

Let me give you an example. I want to have something hard to obtain. Lets say i want to have my own sectopod, but i want it hard to get it (the percentage is up the modder decide). To manufacture a sectopod for me, i can make it "20 x sectopod corpse". Buuuuttt.. it's very linear and simple, not so excited... but if i make the manufacture as "1 x sectopod core, 1 x sectopod **** weapon, 3 x sectopod frame, 1 x sectopod energy core" and create another manufacture to get those by "Disassemble Broken Sectopod" with some chance to get those req items, every time you got an sectoid, you just get hyped to get more needed items to create your own..

Another example: I want to obtain a special powercore like for sectopod over there. I need standard powercores and maybe some alien computers to create it. I can make it simple "15 x powercore + 20x alien computer" to have it.. but than you ask yourself, why would i need 15 powercores to get just a special core? You will wait just numbers and as the ufos got tons of them, you will get that "unique core" so fast.. if you want to slow down the progress you will rise the needed powercore to 50 and then it will become much more absurd.. so rather then this just have a "Special Core Project" which needs a powercore and 2 alien computer to get the special core by %20 percent...

I just don't find it abusing to get things just with numbers and linear way.. you can use linear progress at huge mods with tons of things to do but if you just at something to the base game, your options are very low to make an excited project.. when i create my SAR mod with tons of vehicles/robots as experience getting units, i hate it to just want tons of startdart items to get those things.. because i want them more unique, more hard to get.. more special.. not just for everyone who got 100* of default items you can get from the game easily after some time..

------------------------------------

Another randomness idea is about drops from battlefield. Here for example alien weapons could return to base as weapon scraps and some special items with randomness.

Example:

- Alien_Plasma_Rifle
  Afterbattle: Weapon Scraps (%80) - Weapon Scraps (%80) - Weapon Core (%10)

So when the battle ends, an alien rifle will come as possibility with %80 of 2 weapon scrap and %10 of weapon core.

This could be combined with the "get alien weapons if only alien is alive (stunned)" option. So if the alien dies, weapon becomes possible parts.. like Fraxis X-Com somehow..

Thx!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 06:56:56 pm by drages »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2019, 11:36:25 pm »
I've been thinking about a similar option for the lasguns in the 40k mod - all of them should, for the most part, use the same power cell, but one of the more rare variants should use more energy charges per shot and do more damage.

One possible way of doing this would be to use a "onFiring" script that Yankes has been experimenting on. The weapon doesn't actually fire the ammo, but the loaded ammo is checked on firing with this script and consumed to give the shot more power. That way either certain shot types or different weapons could consume the energy cell faster or slower depending on how the script is written.
exactly, right now I have plans/partial implementation for two script, one that check if you can use attack (more ammo required!) and another that is call after (spend more ammo, or something else).

So the point here, to create a weapon with multiple options as an energy weapon only can. Every shot should able to have all the damage att you can edit for main weapon itself.
I see one problem with this, game object that store all this data will need grown a lot in memory to store all this data. I think this is a bit to complex thing compare that it give. Probably better solution (because it could have other uses) is add "build in ammo", e.g. when item is created it crate different ammo too for itself. This will allow that build in weapons can have preloaded ammo. This would allow too to have use this other items as different damage types.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2019, 04:17:44 pm »
Heyyyy, sorry to bother again. I would've written to Stoddard, but he is offline for almost a month.

I'd like to ask about that game resource folders to zip archives code refurbish I ask for. Is it still going?

This has been merged to main branch today, Android branch is in-progress.

Feel free to test: https://lxnt.wtf/oxem/builds//Extended/Extended-5.2-a7d1f6eda-2019-01-19-win32.7z

Offline baconia

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2019, 08:45:48 pm »
Any plans to add an script hook for events in the Geoscape?  I thought I had read somewhere here that there there a private event at the beginning of each day but its not hooked up for the external scripting.

Thank you kindly.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2019, 08:58:27 pm »
At some point yes, right now you can transfer some solder data between battles, in future will be more.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2019, 08:05:15 pm »
Heyyyy, sorry to bother again. I would've written to Stoddard, but he is offline for almost a month.

I'd like to ask about that game resource folders to zip archives code refurbish I ask for. Is it still going?

It's ready for testing: https://lxnt.wtf/oxem/builds//Extended/Extended-5.2-ef6401a-2019-01-23-android.apk

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2019, 08:48:21 am »
(testing the waters with a request item wish list)
How hard it could be to make a auto-save feature that saves the game at certain in-game intervals, with a specific name each time (configurable if possible)?
Examples:
"My Campaign - end of month 1999-10-31.sav"
"My Campaign - end of month 1999-11-30.sav"

The idea is this would come in handy for people who want to keep a "log" of their campaign saves especially those who play on YouTube.

Offline RareOne

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2019, 09:20:40 pm »
It's ready for testing: https://lxnt.wtf/oxem/builds//Extended/Extended-5.2-ef6401a-2019-01-23-android.apk

Amazing, thanks a lot! I tested it on PC, seems to work fine.
On Android will test also, and measure how rapidly the battery drains. But I forsee drastic changes!
Thanks again!

Addition. Goes fine. No more thousands sprites in my album app. Phone responds as normal. Gracias.
Yet Piratez and Hardmode fail to launch still. It starts the choice of paths to original gamefiles sequence.
And X-files agents movement is choppy, but afair thats just not enough juice in my phone for long distance fov.

And some texts and names of alien races are of the original instead of mod's ones. Encountered in WH40k. Is it mod problem or apk build? Or I just instlled it wrong?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 12:25:55 am by RareOne »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2019, 03:28:10 am »
And some texts and names of alien races are of the original instead of mod's ones. Encountered in WH40k. Is it mod problem or apk build? Or I just instlled it wrong?

This usually happens when you're using a language setting the mod doesn't support. 40k only uses en-US, check that you're set at that under Options > Video > Display Language

Offline Stoddard

• Colonel
  • in a fey mood
    • View Profile
    • Linux builds & stuff
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2019, 09:09:51 am »

Yet Piratez and Hardmode fail to launch still. It starts the choice of paths to original gamefiles sequence.

That is strange. gsmarena.com lists 3Gb RAM for Experia XA1 and that should be quite enough.

Paths-to-gamefiles should ever come up a single time, when you first don't have openxcom directory on the sdcard. Maybe you're moving it around or something?

Please tell more.