Author Topic: [OLD] Old OXCE Future plans  (Read 51830 times)

Offline RareOne

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: OXCE Future plans
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2018, 09:58:01 pm »
Great! Thank you!

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2018, 09:00:56 pm »
Hi!

I wonder if enemies battlescape AI scripts are hard-coded or changeabe.
What is the maximum degree of a change?
Example: passive-agressive behavior change to an agressive behavior, e.g. fast engage (and even assault of the X-Com aircraft) with the X-Com team after 3 turns passed, but only for one type of alien vessel/alien mission.
Is this moddable?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2018, 09:56:07 pm »
I wonder if enemies battlescape AI scripts are hard-coded or changeabe.

There are no AI scripts, not hardcoded, not changeable, none.

Example: passive-agressive behavior change to an agressive behavior, e.g. fast engage (and even assault of the X-Com aircraft) with the X-Com team after 3 turns passed, but only for one type of alien vessel/alien mission.

Units have "aggression" attribute.
Fast engage can be simulated on the map by placing more units outside and giving them enough patrol nodes... or simply bigger sight range.
There's also a LeeroyJenkins mode for melee units... that will mindlessly charge you no matter what, after spotting you. (Also works better with longer sight ranges).

Is this moddable?

No, not in a way you'd want it.

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2018, 10:00:48 pm »
Units have "aggression" attribute.
Fast engage can be simulated on the map by placing more units outside and giving them enough patrol nodes... or simply bigger sight range.
There's also a LeeroyJenkins mode for melee units... that will mindlessly charge you no matter what, after spotting you. (Also works better with longer sight ranges).

Thanks for the answer, sorry for the offtop, I would rather post this is the Suggestions Branch, my fault.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2018, 10:28:19 pm »
You can put the alien on the hunt for you first turn, on alien deployment, default is 20 I think, I'm on cellphone to give you correct code, give your position and they will rush you

Offline RareOne

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2018, 12:05:56 pm »
Heyyyy, sorry to bother again. I would've written to Stoddard, but he is offline for almost a month.

I'd like to ask about that game resource folders to zip archives code refurbish I ask for. Is it still going?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2018, 12:30:53 pm »
Heyyyy, sorry to bother again. I would've written to Stoddard, but he is offline for almost a month.

I'd like to ask about that game resource folders to zip archives code refurbish I ask for. Is it still going?

Yankes and myself are not working on that.
It's Stoddard's baby atm.

Offline Stoddard

• Colonel
  • in a fey mood
    • View Profile
    • Linux builds & stuff
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2018, 03:54:03 am »

Work ate my homework   ;D

No worries though - the crunch ended and once I get through the new year celebrations, the zip stuff will be completed.

Offline TheDeparted

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2019, 11:17:30 pm »
Hello, everyone! I apologize if this has been asked before on other threads (I did my research, really I did), but I have a question: I stumbled upon WarBoy's old gem OpenXcomWar, but for the life of me, I could not make it work in openexcomexplus. Any ideas would be highly appreciated.

Please see the attached gem. Actually, I wanted to ask if you guys plan to have something like a converter for old mods?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 11:20:53 pm by TheDeparted »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2019, 11:27:32 pm »
Hello, everyone! I apologize if this has been asked before on other threads (I did my research, really I did), but I have a question: I stumbled upon WarBoy's old gem OpenXcomWar, but for the life of me, I could not make it work in openexcomexplus. Any ideas would be highly appreciated.

Please see the attached gem. Actually, I wanted to ask if you guys plan to have something like a converter for old mods?

This is just an old version of OpenXcom... what do you want to use it for?

And what gem??

Offline TheDeparted

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2019, 11:51:47 pm »
I simply wanted to run an old mod, that's all. the gem I'm referring to is WarBoy's mod I attached in my previous post.

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2019, 11:56:24 pm »
This is again a return to the topic of the Extender. And to OpenXcom. I've offered to investigate it many times, but it was the voice of a screaming man in the desert.

Meridian, I've always asked you to explore old mods. There many interesting things. What's in the https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/UFOextender, what's here. A lot of small amenities that create overall comfort. Most of the options you have already been implemented, but not all.

Offline TheDeparted

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2019, 11:59:01 pm »
yeah, your were right, Meridian, it's not a mod per se, just an old copy of openxcom with what I presume might be WarBoy's modifications. I downloaded it from here http://openxcommods.weebly.com/download.html

-- posts merged by Meridian :P

I'm sorry if I was a bit unclear, Meridian. But anyway, thanks for your swift reply and for the amazing work you're doing!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 12:39:23 am by Meridian »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2019, 12:37:11 am »
I simply wanted to run an old mod, that's all. the gem I'm referring to is WarBoy's mod I attached in my previous post.

The file you attached is fully functional, you can run it as is... you don't need OXCE.

If you want to have these features in OXCE, you can create these mods using the standard "ruleset modding" capability... if I read the list of features correctly, everything is doable in OXCE already... maybe except the flashbang grenade (we can't decrease detection radius, but all other things can be done).

Most of these mods are also already available as standalone mods (combat knife, sniper rifle, flamethrower, sentinel craft, new armors, training facility, medical facility, etc.) or as part of existing modpacks (FMP, area51, etc.).

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2019, 02:15:44 am »
flashbang can be simply penalty to TU, Another is script that alter viability of unit (some like this exists).