aliens

Author Topic: Hardmode Expansion - Bugreports  (Read 94618 times)

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Re: Hardmode Expansion - Bugreports
« Reply #135 on: December 01, 2022, 11:02:27 pm »
Thank you for your great MOD and for addressing the issues.

Thanks you so much for reporting this. I am sorry for my late reply, I had to take care of my brainstroked girlfriend, this leaves me sometimes without proper response time...

Looking through the code (commits up to Sep30) I found the following issues:

The diagram implies that Advanced Medikits research requite Medikits, while this in not in the code.

I will to check thanks for letting me know.

Upgrading Walkertanks seams to be broken. Not only it costs 10% of what it should, it gives you free armor/mobility by starting off with a Sectopod rather then an Armored Sectopod and ending up with a Walkertank Plasma, paying nothing for the extra armor etc. .
I added requirement for a Armored Sectopod Corpse to do the upgrade i hope this suffices. ;)

Offline Vojevoda

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 11, 2023, 11:00:37 am »
Gentlemen, where do I report terrain bugs?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 11, 2023, 11:15:29 am »
If you're playing the Hardmode expansion, then here.

Offline Vojevoda

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 11, 2023, 11:55:48 am »
If you're playing the Hardmode expansion, then here.
Ok. I have a save file with bugged terrain, where alien is stuck in inaccessible part of the map.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #139 on: February 13, 2023, 02:56:17 pm »
Ok. I have a save file with bugged terrain, where alien is stuck in inaccessible part of the map.

That also can happen on vanilla polarmaps with water. Nothing i can do about it.
Kill it from distance.
The map is randomly assembled.

Offline Vojevoda

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 15, 2023, 07:25:35 pm »
A minor bug (not sure it`s even worth mentioning) with a trajectory when using small launcher. If I attempt to shoot small launcher with soldier standing on the hill south of the landing craft (Sheu Li), game prevents me from choosing all nine squares of UFO`s to lift platform (no viable trajectory). Rest of the spots seem ok. Force shooting also works.   

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #141 on: February 15, 2023, 10:16:03 pm »
A minor bug (not sure it`s even worth mentioning) with a trajectory when using small launcher. If I attempt to shoot small launcher with soldier standing on the hill south of the landing craft (Sheu Li), game prevents me from choosing all nine squares of UFO`s to lift platform (no viable trajectory). Rest of the spots seem ok. Force shooting also works.

This is totally normal, also in Vanilla you can't the floor targets of the alien elevators. No way to fix this.

Offline Vojevoda

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 15, 2023, 11:22:09 pm »
And now more serious bug. During base defense, I managed to stun Cyberdisk. I thought that all the cybers are dead and sent team of three people with stun pistols and rods to capture live sectoids. At the start of the turn, right behind the door stood a cyberdisk. I remember that you cant stun tanks in vanilla. But though. Hey, what if. And three of my guys somehow managed to stunn it. Final strike, I believe was a stun pistol. And, at the end of the mission I`m getting a crush screen reffering to invalid live alien or something like that. I loaded a save before killing final alien. Tried to finish "body" of a disk with grenades, but it didn`t help. Still crush. Had to replay. Luckily, I saved right after I stunned him. Save file in the attachment. He is lying right by the main door of the hangar  that is connected to main lift.
I presume, this could happen even by using something like a stun bomb.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #143 on: February 16, 2023, 12:13:18 am »
And now more serious bug. During base defense, I managed to stun Cyberdisk. I thought that all the cybers are dead and sent team of three people with stun pistols and rods to capture live sectoids. At the start of the turn, right behind the door stood a cyberdisk. I remember that you cant stun tanks in vanilla. But though. Hey, what if. And three of my guys somehow managed to stunn it. Final strike, I believe was a stun pistol. And, at the end of the mission I`m getting a crush screen reffering to invalid live alien or something like that. I loaded a save before killing final alien. Tried to finish "body" of a disk with grenades, but it didn`t help. Still crush. Had to replay. Luckily, I saved right after I stunned him. Save file in the attachment. He is lying right by the main door of the hangar  that is connected to main lift.
I presume, this could happen even by using something like a stun bomb.

Please update to the github Version Hardmode Expansion 1.0 WIP, you can find it here: https://github.com/hellrazor4223/hardmode-expansion/archive/refs/heads/master.zip

The bug was already fixed in the WIP Version, i could end the mission in the savegame by killing the two remaining Cyberdiscs and the alive one was recovered as intended. :)

Offline Vojevoda

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 16, 2023, 10:13:06 am »
Please update to the github Version Hardmode Expansion 1.0 WIP, you can find it here: https://github.com/hellrazor4223/hardmode-expansion/archive/refs/heads/master.zip

The bug was already fixed in the WIP Version, i could end the mission in the savegame by killing the two remaining Cyberdiscs and the alive one was recovered as intended. :)

Thank you. It helped.

Offline Xilmi

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 16, 2023, 02:21:22 pm »
This is totally normal, also in Vanilla you can't the floor targets of the alien elevators. No way to fix this.
This might be a bug in the engine.
I've stumbled upon something similar:
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,10996.0.html

Could be worth to debug it and see if there's a fix on the engine-side.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #146 on: February 16, 2023, 07:17:15 pm »
This might be a bug in the engine.
I've stumbled upon something similar:
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,10996.0.html

Could be worth to debug it and see if there's a fix on the engine-side.

Thats way out of my league... also  it also happened in DOS Version of UFO Defense so i am ok with it.
DOS behaviour wins. ;)

Offline omri

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 10, 2023, 02:10:32 pm »
When using Grenade Launcher under OpenXcomExtended soldier's firing accuracy is used for hit chance, but experience is gained for throwing accuracy. This is different then OpenXcom where firing accuracy experience is gained. The same will probably also occur for  the Small Launcher.

This could be fixed either by having throwing accuracy considered for these weapons by adding an "accuracyMultiplier" field to the items,
or by having their use train firing accuracy by adding an "experienceTrainingMode" field to the items.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #148 on: May 10, 2023, 03:01:22 pm »
When using Grenade Launcher under OpenXcomExtended soldier's firing accuracy is used for hit chance, but experience is gained for throwing accuracy. This is different then OpenXcom where firing accuracy experience is gained. The same will probably also occur for  the Small Launcher.

This could be fixed either by having throwing accuracy considered for these weapons by adding an "accuracyMultiplier" field to the items,
or by having their use train firing accuracy by adding an "experienceTrainingMode" field to the items.

Do you have a savegame for a situation, were a soldier gain throwing accuracy by shooting a arcing weapon?

accuracyAimed and accuracySnap are totally sufficient for this. Normally.

Which Version of OXCE or OXC are you using?

Offline omri

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 10, 2023, 03:30:00 pm »
Do you have a savegame for a situation, were a soldier gain throwing accuracy by shooting a arcing weapon?

accuracyAimed and accuracySnap are totally sufficient for this. Normally.

Which Version of OXCE or OXC are you using?
This is standard algorithm for OXCE since about 5 years. (commit 32c9799b75)
if a weapon has ArcingShot it awards throwing rather then firing experience.
look at file Battlescape/TileEngine.cpp function TileEngine::awardExperience
where is says:
Code: [Select]
           else if (weapon->getArcingShot(attack.type))                       
            {                                                                   
                expType = ETM_THROWING_100;                                     
                expFuncA = &BattleUnit::addThrowingExp; // e.g. flamethrower, javelins, combat bow, grenade launcher, black powder bomb, stick grenade, acid flask, apple, ...
            }

this can be over-ridden by using "experienceTrainingMode"                                               

This does not happen in OXC.